What's new

40 militants taken out by Pak Army

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
40 militants killed in Pakistan: World: News: News24

Miranshah - Pakistani helicopter gunships and artillery pounded militant hideouts in a tribal region near the Afghan border, killing up to 40 insurgents, the army said on Wednesday.

"We have reports from local sources that 30 to 40 miscreants have been killed in a security forces operation targeting a hideout in South Waziristan," Major General Waheed Arshad said.

He said that the operation involving US-built Cobra gunships began late on Tuesday and fighting was ongoing.

"The ground troops have started reaching the area for mopping-up operations once the firing ends," Arshad added.

He said the area where the operation took place, known as Punj Ziarat, was on the border between the troubled tribal zones of South and North Waziristan, where US officials have said that al-Qaeda is regrouping.

Militants in Punj Ziarat had mounted several attacks on security force convoys passing through the region.

"The miscreants were occupying mountaintops. We used artillery and Cobra gunship helicopters to dislodge them," Arshad added.

Pakistan forces killed a top pro-Taliban militant commander, Ismatullah Khan, last week in the same region along with five other militants.

50 militants and 2 soldiers killed in Waziristan battle near Afghan border ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Sept 13 (AP) - Militants attacked a military base near the Afghan border Thursday, sparking a battle near Razmak, a town in South Waziristan that drew in army helicopters and left up to 50 insurgents and two soldiers dead, military spokesman Maj. Gen. Waheed Arshad said adding that eight other soldiers were wounded. Pakistan reported Wednesday that it had killed about 40 militants in the North Waziristan region. Arshad said army forces repelled repeated militant attacks Thursday in Razmak. Army helicopters and ground fire destroyed four rebel positions, he said. Arshad said their initial estimate was that at least 30 militants were killed, but added later that tribesmen informed officials that up to 50 rebels had died. He dismissed a claim by militants that they had killed over 100 soldiers in the region in the past two days as “totally false” and “baseless.” A rocket hit a transformer and power line, cutting electricity in Razmak, he said. He also denied reports from three intelligence officials who said 10 soldiers had been killed in the fighting. Maj-Gen Arshad said helicopter gunships had joined the battle, which began at 1 a.m. and was still continuing Thursday afternoon. Meanwhile, before dawn Thursday, a bomb planted in a market near the city of Kohat destroyed six stores selling music CDs, two tailor shops and one barber shop, local police officer Anwar Khan said. No one was reported hurt.(Posted @ 21:00

So that takes the two day total of terrorists dead to almost a hundred. The only way these terrorist cowards can fight is by conducting suicide bombings against soldiers and police in canteens and cafes.

This is what we call "100 sunar ki Aik kohar ki" .

Well done PA.

Regards
Wilco

Well done PA. By killing these scum they r doing a favour not only to pakistan, but to the whole world.

hoping to hear more good news.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

The number of conflicting reports the army has given out lately welcome such news with caution.

If it is true then its excellent news.

Should army not stop announcing how many it killed as every time they do, the next day we see a suicide bomb.

Here comes the reply...

Pakistan bomb kills elite troops

There has been a series of attacks aimed at military targets since July
At least 15 soldiers have been killed in a suspected suicide bombing at an army base south of the Pakistani capital, Islamabad.
Most of the victims were officers from an elite counter-terrorism force, the Special Services Group, a military spokesman said.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan bomb kills elite troops

SSG commandos, this might be in direct retaliation for their participation in Lal Masjid operation.

SSG commandos, this might be in direct retaliation for their participation in Lal Masjid operation.

Perhaps but explosion took place inside army mess which suggests that there is a serious breech in the security of the pakistan Army which needs to be addressed as urgent as possible. How did the terrorist went thorugh the military checkpost as the rest of the buliding is covered with fence, or there is a black sheep within them. Its early to conclude but this should not happend, military instalations being targeted.:angry:

Should army not stop announcing how many it killed as every time they do, the next day we see a suicide bomb.

Not really. The more they announce the better, so the world sees more the law-unabiding nature of these radicals. Pakistan should be controlled by the goverment not held to ransom by extremists.

Not really. The more they announce the better, so the world sees more the law-unabiding nature of these radicals. Pakistan should be controlled by the goverment not held to ransom by extremists.

The west never called them law abiding, they infact wanted them to be taken to task much earlier, it was Pakistan that was not willing to. And now they are paying a heavy price.

The west never called them law abiding, they infact wanted them to be taken to task much earlier, it was Pakistan that was not willing to. And now they are paying a heavy price.

:rofl: Indians generally have this silly habit of presuming (or wishing?) they were a part of the West.The policy of the West towards the extremists and of Pakistan has been roughly chronologically similar, India's though has not.

The West with the help of Pakistan took the Deobandi teachings from India, mixed them in with the Wahhabist teachings of Saudi, and produced the Mujahideen which became the Taliban. They then left them to their own lives, as did Pakistan. It was not until 2001, that the West cared anything about what they did. It became Pakistan's problem around this time also. As for India it's been a problem for them for much longer, but in many ways, I see two extremists battling it out in Kashmir, the Indian Army that in my opinion are staging a land grab and the extremists on the other. I don't really support either in that situation, but because I know the people of Kashmir do not want to be a part of India, I hope the Indian Army is defeated, in time i think it will be.

:rofl: Indians generally have this silly habit of presuming (or wishing?) they were a part of the West.The policy of the West towards the extremists and of Pakistan has been roughly chronologically similar, India's though has not.

The West with the help of Pakistan took the Deobandi teachings from India, mixed them in with the Wahhabist teachings of Saudi, and produced the Mujahideen which became the Taliban. They then left them to their own lives, as did Pakistan. It was not until 2001, that the West cared anything about what they did. It became Pakistan's problem around this time also. As for India it's been a problem for them for much longer, but in many ways, I see two extremists battling it out in Kashmir, the Indian Army that in my opinion are staging a land grab and the extremists on the other. I don't really support either in that situation, but because I know the people of Kashmir do not want to be a part of India, I hope the Indian Army is defeated, in time i think it will be.

And if IA is defeated and kashmir falls under these terrorists, who do u think these terrorists will turn on next? probably china in akasi chin or PA in Azad kashmir. remember, terrorists dont just put down their weapons. look at the taliban. when they finally beat the soviets, instead of rebuilding afghanistan, they started a war with USA (and later pak), who were their main benefactors. it'll b the same case with kashmiri terrorists

Back
Top Bottom