What's new

40 Indians kidnapped in Iraq's Mosul, ISIS rebels suspected

Modi sarkar shall try to negotiate with the ISIS kidnappers. Punjab CM says, he is ready to pay ransom money if demanded by the kidnappers. I hope Indian workers come back to India safely.

Indians kidnapped in Iraq|Indian nurses to stay on in Tikrit

CHENNAI/KOTTAYAM: Hours after sending an SOS to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure their safe return to India, 46 nurses from Kerala trapped in a hospital in the northern Iraq city of Tikrit on Wednesday evening said they had agreed to continue to work there after fighters from militant group, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), assured them they would be paid their salaries and dues.

A nurse said the militants were courteous after they took control of Tikrit Teaching Hospital on Wednesday. The nurses have been on razor's edge since June 10 when ISIS fighters took control of Tikrit, the hometown of Saddam Hussain, and massacred 1,700 Iraqi air force recruits there.

I cant this is happening, just a short time ago the USA left Iraq and now a couple of thousand religious nuts are taking over the country while the military is running away from them?

Unbelievable.......
U think a couple of thousand nut jobs could run over half a county in a matter of days.

I cant this is happening, just a short time ago the USA left Iraq and now a couple of thousand religious nuts are taking over the country while the military is running away from them?

Unbelievable.......
so you see the same will happen in afghanistan afghani talibs are also waiting for US withdrawal .... and iraqi army is 80 times better than ANA

what :o: that guy is wearing PA new uniform ?

Last edited:
40 Indians in ISIS custody ‘safe’ - The Hindu

The brother of a Punjab resident, reported to have been among the 40 Indian citizens held hostage by jihadists in Iraq, has told The Hinduthat his sibling and the group are safe and have been promised that they will be allowed to leave once fighting in the Mosul area dies down.

“Nishan Singh, my brother, last spoke to me for a couple of minutes today,” Fatehgarh Churian resident Charanjit Singh said. “He told me his cellphone battery was running out, so he couldn’t talk for long. He said he and his co-workers from India were all safe and not held hostage.”

“ISIS people have told the Indians they are afraid that if they [Indians] leave, they will be killed by Iraqi or Iranian security forces and the act will be blamed on the jihadists,” Mr. Charanjit Singh added. “However, they say they will release them if someone responsible from the Indian military or government comes to collect them. Else, they have been told to stay for as long as they like and promised that the ISIS will get them the wages they are owed.”

Charanjit Singh said he received several phone calls and WeChat instant messages from Mr. Nishan Singh since the construction site he was working at, two kilometres outside the war-torn city of Mosul, was taken over by insurgents of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria early last week. Late last week, after ISIS fighters took over the area, Indian workers were moved into a building on the site by ISIS insurgents.

ISIS fighters shift 40 Indians to warehouse near Mosul

Charanjit Singh, brother of one of the 40 Indians reportedly held hostage in Iraq, said he received several phone calls and WeChat instant messages from his brother, Nishan Singh, since the construction site he was working at was taken over by insurgents of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria early last week.

“I asked Nishan to leave Iraq immediately when fighting broke out in Mosul last week,” Mr. Singh said, “but he said he couldn’t leave, as he was owed five months wages. Later, he said he couldn’t leave, because company managers had fled and there was no transport.”

Late last week, after ISIS fighters took over the area, Indian workers were moved into a building on the site by ISIS insurgents, who placed them under guard but provided them with food and water. The men were told it was too dangerous for them to be allowed to travel to Baghdad, but would be allowed to go when the fighting died down.

The 40 men, mostly residents of Gurdaspur, Majitha and Amritsar in Punjab, have since been moved to a cotton warehouse 25 km from Mosul, Mr. Singh said.

Mr. Singh said his brother, now 28, had recently got married to a local girl Kulwinder Kaur and had earlier worked in Dubai, earning qualifications as a crane operator. He lost his job and grabbed the opportunity to work in Iraq made available to him by a labour agent in Punjab 10 months ago.

Interesting development they are scared if they let them go they will be killed by the other side but are willing to release them to GOI officials. Maybe they have been accused of other things as well hence the wariness.

Some of our folks there are saying that these ISIS are lunatics and are killing anyone who opposes them regardless of religion or race or nationality.

I have a feeling that we must get to any level to bring back the 40 Indians stuck there and then launch an offensive operation.

These bloody Americans. :mad: They first create such organization and then make problem for all the people.

Why these organizations don't attack US? A hint: they are the financiers of such sick people.

It is their choice.

Sreekumar ji, pray that you never have to make that choice to give your family a better life.

Remember, these are innocent labourers who are mistreated and abused everywhere including our own country where richer class always talks to them like they are inferior creatures. They are as much Indians as you and me are.

Their lives are as much a priority to our country as much as ours is.

ISIS will pay for this. I also believe that IB should investigate if this has any political foul play from our current opposition as well. You know that such political parties are well connected with Taliban and Al Qaeda (Chidu was seen with mulla Zaeef of Taliban). We cannot rule out political foul play.

Back
Top Bottom