What's new

4 supercomputers from India in world's fastest 100

you or the whole cheerleading india should change your handles to "timetrouble"! your big wigs called 2017! Is that a problem for you already?

Do you think everyone is sleeping while you are leggoing your superduper computer!?!

indians cheer the whole day on picking up a cent by the gutter
that's how you cheerleaders call "succeed"

by the end of 2017, lets see the finale of the indian cheerleading circus. I wont miss it!

Chinese insecurity reeks till here. Amazing! Wait for more projects! 2017 it is. We were no. 4 in 2008 2014 holds more promise. BTW Worlds fastest computer is CRAY XC30 100 Petaflops.

The Cray XK7 supercomputer is a trifecta of scalar, network and many-core innovation. It combines Cray’s proven Gemini interconnect, AMD's leading multi-core scalar processors and NVIDIA’s powerful many-core GPU processors to create a true, productive hybrid supercomputer.

Capable of scaling to 500,000 scalar processors and 50 petaflops of hybrid peak performance, every aspect of the Cray XK7 system – from its resiliency features to its scalability-boosting technologies – has been engineered to meet science’s real-world demands. And with the expertise of the industry’s only company singularly focused on high performance computing behind it, the Cray XK7 supercomputer brings Cray’s trademark reliability, flexibility and scalability to the many-core HPC environment.

In other words next 6 mths and u'll see this baby doin 100 petaflops.
Cray has launched its XC30 supercomputer codenamed ”Cascade”, which looks set to take the crown from which the US Oak Ridge National Laboratory Titan won a few days ago.

Cray says its new machine will scale to 100 Petaflops, while Titan runs at 20 Petaflops.

The Cray XC30 uses Intel processors and accelerators much like the Titan which adds accelerators to AMD processors and achieved more than 20 million billion floating point operations per second (20 Petaflops), but the new supercomputing champion can scale to five times that, and the first orders will soon be shipped to six laboratories around the world.

Chinese insecurity reeks till here. Amazing! Wait for more projects! 2017 it is. We were no. 4 in 2008 2014 holds more promise.

what the insecurity for? Cheerleading india? You dont even have one computer in the top 35
and your top performer as of this june is less than ONE petaflop

and you are saying to have one 132.8 EXAFLOPS in 4 years time from incredible and shining india!
I take it more seriously than my daily personal hygiene habits. Most people and some cheerleaders think it is again another joke!

you or the whole cheerleading india should change your handles to "timetrouble"! your big wigs called 2017! Is that a problem for you already?

Do you think everyone is sleeping while you are leggoing your superduper computer!?!

by the end of 2017, lets see the finale of the indian cheerleading circus. I wont miss it!

Hater read below.. India already did it...

"At the time of its unveiling, it was the 4th fastest supercomputer in the world and the fastest in Asia
EKA (supercomputer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We beat you once with EKA. we will beat you again in next 5-7 years. Lets see what the Chinese CopyCats can do to stop us.

Actually India is capable of designing even world No 1. Super computer, But it will be like a short lived status. some one else will beat the speed in couple of days or weeks. this status of fastest computer in the world is of no use.

What we need is better alogorithms and better programs to solve complex problems.

For Chinese.. they should be really produd because most of the electronics they use would have been made in China.. I hope soon they make their own processor.

You should concern more about the Indian processor, actually our indigenous processor can run a petaflop supercomputer 2 years ago.

HPCwire: China Deploys First Petaflop Supercomputer with Native Chips

Chinese cheap quality super duper computer :D

I have a Chinese made pulse oximeter which i purchased for 3000 rupees and is as reliable and accurate as any Welch Allyn kit.

Lack of funds?

You do know how to find excuses for yourself。

A low petaflop computer costs less than 100 million dollars now a days。

You are buying helicopters worth tens of millions of dollars each from the US,yet you don't have the money to build ONE petaflop computer?

You gave the answer in bold part.

so if we are Indian Cheerleaders, All Chinese are CCP Cheerleaders like slaves cheerleading for their Master... :omghaha:

The Chinese high IQ slaves of ccp are the biggest loosers in the world. High IQ and slavery... naaa not a nice combination.. lol

you are showing your jealousy... so ask that question to yourself !!!

Don't Quote that bugger. Ignore his posts. His comments are crap and can ruin a proper discussion in moments. So avoid!!

Now that India has super computers...How accurate is India's weather forecast?

Weather forecast isn't going to be very accurate at the current technology level. I lived in both China and USA. Both of these countries have top of the line super computers predicting weather pattern, nonetheless weather forecast goofs are pretty common.
I am, however, being a bit too harsh. Long term weather pattern prediction (such annual water fall, overall temperature profile) has been pretty good in both China and USA, which is sufficient for agriculture industry.

The Indian Government has committed Rs 10,000 crore which is a little more than USD 2 Billion to indigenously develop the world's fastest supercomputer by 2017. The Planning Commission of India has agreed to provide the funds to the Indian Space Research Organsiation (ISRO) and to the Indian Institute of Science (IIS), Bangalore to develop a supercomputer with a performance of 132.8 exaflops (132 quintillion floating operations per second). A quintillion has 18 zeros (a million has six).

In computing, flops is an acronym to measure computing performance. An average personal computer can go up to 7.5 gigaflops.

The current world's fastest supercomputer is a Chinese one, which can do 2.7 pentaflops, or two quadrillion flops. A quadrillion has 15 zeros.

In 2007, India had the world's fourth fastest indigenously-developed supercomputer with a performance of 172.5 teraflops (172 trillion flops), which has been enhanced this month to 220 teraflops. That's still a level lower than China's supercomputer.

The Indian supercomputer will not be used only for enhancing the country's space abilities, it will also be used to predict monsoon and precise weather inputs to boost agricultural output of the country. The target being set by India is very ambitious while referring to achieving the 'EXAFLOP' or the next level of computing performance by 2017. ISRO has indeed planned everything very carefully to set such a target for itself.

The Indian Governments's willingness to provide Rs 10,000 crore for having the 'EXA' level of supercomputing facility is a real coming of age for India. At a time when the west is cutting down their annual budgets, India is steaming ahead with it's enormous spending power.

ISRO has already booked key equipments to develop the supercomputer by 2017. Most of the other gadgets will be indigenously developed in India. Supercomputing is key to competing in the international space market.

I smell dumplings burning!

Oh sure, the same way when Agni 5 was launched and you just wouldn't stop burning on every other thread you could scrounge, right? I thought there was 1 thread until yesterday apparently you knew more, that is cheer leading .

At the least, unlike the Chinese we don't wait inside the gutter so that we are the first to comment and troll up the place with crap.

Running and maintaining a supercomputer demand $1~3 million a year
just for electricity alone, 4 supercomputers require $4~12 million electricity a year

Back
Top Bottom