What's new

3G spectrum licenses auction concludes:Live Updates

Not interested in 4G, for 3G I am moving away from Ufone to Zong to try it but in next 4-6 months. In Bahria Ufone has the worst performance.

This ARPU is without 3G, which will surely increase with introduction of 3G

I am sure it will increase with 3G/4G but if you do not address the underlying problems that the telecom players are facing now then you are bound to repeat the mistake. Even India has same issues that was addressed to you. Companies invest million into 3G upgrades only to see their subscribers switch to another provider who offers better deal. Companies are undercutting only to see their revenues decline. Only companies with deep pockets will survive this rat race.

I am sure it will increase with 3G/4G but if you do not address the underlying problems that the telecom players are facing now then you are bound to repeat the mistake. Even India has same issues that was addressed to you. Companies invest million into 3G upgrades only to see their subscribers switch to another provider who offers better deal. Companies are undercutting only to see their revenues decline. Only companies with deep pockets will survive this rat race.

Telecos themselves are responsible for this, every company is offering goodies for buying their SIM or switching. They have to sit together and try to compete on value added services and quality rather than by cutting prices only or by offering free credit on new SIM.

When i purchased my first GSM Sim, I payed 5,000 Rs. and also needed contacts to get it, now you can buy it in 50 Rs. anytime

1102177207-1.jpg

:drag:

Troll lol

Thats what marketing for an extra $300m gets you. Bragging rights!

Less than 1% can actually use or make any sense of 4g in this country. My whole business model is on the internet and I could barely touch the capabilities of 3g at this point. 4g means I have to upload or download 1gb autocad files on my phone in the next 20mins. Unfortunately I and the 99% other people in this country will never have the need or the deadline to do that.

Thats what marketing for an extra $300m gets you. Bragging rights!

Less than 1% can actually use or make any sense of 4g in this country. My whole business model is on the internet and I could barely touch the capabilities of 3g at this point. 4g means I have to upload or download 1gb autocad files on my phone in the next 20mins. Unfortunately I and the 99% other people in this country will never have the need or the deadline to do that.

I think every new smartphone is comptible with 4g, ad another year or 2 when Zong will get coverage all over Pakistan. By that point many people in Pakistan will have 4g compatible smartphones.

Well I have a 4g phone but haven't tried it since don't have zong sim. One of my friend was using Telenor 3g and it was working awesome.

Guys what will be the charges of 3g/4g internet for customers and what will be the limit of data usage..i guess no network will give mobile data more than 5 GB per month..wish someone come up with unlimited mobile data even if its bit expensive :)

I think every new smartphone is comptible with 4g, ad another year or 2 when Zong will get coverage all over Pakistan. By that point many people in Pakistan will have 4g compatible smartphones.

I hope you read the rest of the things i wrote other than the part where we can be flooded with imported phones capable of handling 4g speeds.

Well I have a 4g phone but haven't tried it since don't have zong sim. One of my friend was using Telenor 3g and it was working awesome.

My 3g has been working on mobilink ever since the auction started.

My 3g has been working on mobilink ever since the auction started.

Yeah my friend was also using it without any extra charges. Guess they are giving it for now for trial.

One can check his or her area, if 3g is offered there or not by dialing *7799#.

Back
Top Bottom