What's new

$30bn deal: US to sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

saudis will get these planes in 2025 I guesss.

The SANG is getting am Air Arm. We will have to see what those aircrafts will be.

What is the purpose/role of the SANG, vs the air force?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

The SANG is getting am Air Arm. We will have to see what those aircrafts will be.

Hey, if ya'll are short on labor, employ some engineers and researchers from Kamra won't ya ;)

saudis will get these planes in 2025 I guesss.

Work will start on modernizing the existing F-15s in 2014 and delivery starts at 2015 training is to start soon.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

What is the purpose/role of the SANG, vs the air force?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Hey, if ya'll are short on labor, employ some engineers and researchers from Kamra won't ya ;)

Already 5,500 Saudis will be trained as part of this deal.

I honestly think the price tag of $30Bn for this deal is a rip-off someone said Locheed Martin has to invest 50% of the money in domestic KSA industries or factories,....

I think you meant Boeing. F-15 is built by Boeing after they purchased McDonnell Douglas.

The reason why Saudi had purchased the Tornadoes was because the Israelis had pressured the US in to not selling them the F-15s.

19 of the hijackers/plotters of 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia. And Americans are giving them Weapons, state of the Art. American Public is being left in the dark...or shall i say....a very good job with brainwashing them...thanks to the media.

And we thought only the North Koreans were brainwashed zombies....

Saudi Arabia has 80 bln surplus budget , they can buy these toys. f-35 was a better option

Boeing had already lost a lot in the fighter market after failing to win the JSF competition. Maybe the Saudi deal will boost their morale and keep the F-15 production lines open for the foreseeable future

Saudi Arabia has 80 bln surplus budget , they can buy these toys. f-35 was a better option

RSAF historically maintained 3 types of Aircrafts at all times. The Typhoon is replacing the F-5s and the new more advanced F-15s will continue the F-15s and something has to replace the Tornado. The question is what will replace the Tornados.

Thanks I am more excited about the tech we will get out of this rather than then the plane itself. Mandatory offset reinvesting will breath good life for our companies R&D coupled with helluva tech.

Sometimes it would be hard for Uncle Sam to hand over their tech to you, since they would like to keep you always dependent to their tech.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

We wish we could. But as far as one can see, there is only one prototype under trial flight.

BTW 62 trial flights within a year. That's a pretty good record right?

We have at least dozen of prototypes, there are some pics can prove it.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

No, i doubt they would give anyone their best, and neither can Pakistan easily master the technology of an aircraft like J-20 within a short span of time. However the Chinese are developing a single engine 5th generation fighter aircraft, and unofficial sources claim that this might be the future PAF 5th generation aircraft of choice. But only time will tell.

We would sell J-20 to Pakistan according to its need, but most likely Pakistan would need it.

the dogs that bark a lot must be "put to sleep".

How can you put anyone to sleep when you are sleeping yourself, wake up saudis the deal is only to keep the Iranians at bay as mentioned above and to give the US companies a lifeline. Before you go on about me being a persian supporter and Arab hater, i would like to state i consider both parties equal as my brothers. Only another brother can open anothers eyes even if they don't like the argument.

Do you really think you will be able to use them against anyone other than Iran, the answer is NO. The mission computers will not allow you to attack Israel, you are deluded if you think you can use them against the zionists.

It is understandable that you want to buy the latest tech, but you need to realise what you are buying and from whom. You could have merely upgraded your exisiting fleet and waited for 5th gen fighters from other nations, attack heli's could have been bought from the Russians or the T129 and black hawk equivalent heli's from the Turks. You would have saved a lot of dollar, obtained more TOT with no limitations to the usage of the military assets and given the change to Palestine.

But no your leaders continue to support those who kill, maime and rape muslims whether it be inadvertently or not. Petrodollars provide a significant support in this you can simply bring america to its knees by changing the currency in which you trade and have enough influence to bring about change. Invest in your own country and those other muslim nations. No wonder we are so backward in science and technology. For this reason your leaders should not even hold the title of custodians of the two holy mosques, they do not deserve this. They should however have the title American lovers.

PS. Do not take any comment against the great nation or people where Islam was delivered, i only have ills feelings for your hypocritical leaders.

Saudi Arabia getting latest version of F-15 with old ones will be upgraded and also new attack helicopters now Saudi Arabia should also focus on the training of their Pilots so they can use these machines effectively in war times

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

U.S., Saudi Arabia agree to $30 billion deal for F-15s - CNN.com

As long as they are using their own money there are no concerns, its not like they are stealing it or asking for loans or aid. And doesn't the Saudi government have a pretty good revenue because of their oil exports, so I don't see whats the problem.

There is no problem from my point of view.
Saudis don't care much for their citizens so it is OK to waste oil money.
Saudis are no threat to Iran, because in any real conflict the boss (US) will be involved.
Recycling petrodollars.
it's understandable, SA has no potential as a country on its own.
It can only prosper by recycling its revenues to the boss and saying yes, master !
Otherwise, it would have been obliterated by Iraq long ago (not to mention Iran).
In this ways, the royal family can have bathtubs made of gold while its bedouins are starving.
A few towers / hotels in Mecca/Jeddah for show.
In fact, this may be the best they can do.
Few countries can be independent and the price is heavy.
The sheikhs may have chosen the past of least resistance.
At least they have peace within the kingdom.
As long as they are using their own money there are no concerns, its not like they are stealing it or asking for loans or aid. And doesn't the Saudi government have a pretty good revenue because of their oil exports, so I don't see whats the problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom