What's new

30 muslims clear civil service exams ----Emerged toppers

30 from all over India and 7 from Kashmir alone. Way to go !

Actually in Jamia Millia Islamia , they run free coaching classes for Kashmiris and also give scholarship for their living expenses in Delhi....

In India General class is most discriminated class now a days...

can any one tell the 4.5 % reservation quota for OBC minorities was applicable for this year's UPSC Test or it took place before the GO?

No quota has been implemented yet.

Felicitations to the successful candidates, however, how is this any different from any other candidate, say a Hindu, Sikh, Christian or Parsi passing the ICS exams? Not headline worthy in my opinion, the last thing you want is to highlight ANY difference within your society, a homogeneous society is a healthy society.

Felicitations to the successful candidates, however, how is this any different from any other candidate, say a Hindu, Sikh, Christian or Parsi passing the ICS exams? Not headline worthy in my opinion, the last thing you want is to highlight ANY difference within your society, a homogeneous society is a healthy society.

Agreed. Common Civil Code is the way to go.

Actually in Jamia Millia Islamia , they run free coaching classes for Kashmiris and also give scholarship for their living expenses in Delhi....

In India General class is most discriminated class now a days...

No quota has been implemented yet.

Don't look at it like that. Think of it as stepping aside to give a handicapped sister priority in a queue. You would do that readily. Why feel uncomfortable about educational quotas?

Service quotas are a completely different thing.

Well what you said is absolutely true and is the ideal scenario..but when we have (fake) bleeding hearts crying from rooftops about how the Muslims are being discriminated everywhere by the Hindus and more vehemently so in case of Kashmiri Muslims, such news , unfortunately, needs to be told to shut them up.

The minorities need some encouragement, without compromising quality of leadership.

Don't look at it like that. Think of it as stepping aside to give a handicapped sister priority in a queue. You would do that readily. Why feel uncomfortable about educational quotas?

Well if the sister herself is partly responsible for the handicap due to her nature and actions, then that stepping aside part is debatable. But another topic, another debate.

Well if the sister herself is partly responsible for the handicap due to her nature and actions, then that stepping aside part is debatable. But another topic, another debate.

No individual deliberately handicaps himself or herself. If rigid social systems hand over the initiative to regressive people within a segment, we need to rescue that segment. In India, we have handed over one community to its most backward elements for 65 years now. Surely we need to rescue the innocent victims of this posturing and hypocrisy by our politicians?

Well what you said is absolutely true and is the ideal scenario..but when we have (fake) bleeding hearts crying from rooftops about how the Muslims are being discriminated everywhere by the Hindus and more vehemently so in case of Kashmiri Muslims, such news , unfortunately, needs to be told to shut them up.

Not worth it really, leads to an identity crisis like the one we are facing. For the first time in history, the words Pakistan and Islam are being taken as two divergent terms. That has lead to a social fissure, there are people like me who put state before the state religion and other who do the opposite. Resultantly, we find it harder to choke the TTP's supply of recruits, money and arms. I may be thinking too far ahead of myself, but that's why I generally speak against highlighting religious and social differences, even in positive occasions. A spade is a spade, whether it is a 9 of spades or an Ace of spades.

Not worth it really, leads to an identity crisis like the one we are facing. For the first time in history, the words Pakistan and Islam are being taken as two divergent terms. That has lead to a social fissure, there are people like me who put state before the state religion and other who do the opposite. Resultantly, we find it harder to choke the TTP's supply of recruits, money and arms. I may be thinking too far ahead of myself, but that's why I generally speak against highlighting religious and social differences, even in positive occasions. A spade is a spade, whether it is a 9 of spades or an Ace of spades.

I see what you mean. You certainly have a point. I would like to suggest, however, that on this side of the border, we can afford to nurture our minorities some more without suffering a religious blow-back.

@ Joe Bhai.....

The Law is like that.....

If you are general and dont have money its completely your fault ( ok I agree ) govt would not do any thing you got landed in wrong class...
If you are from reserved class and you dont have money its General class's fault (Historical) and make current generation(general class) pay for that with interest.
If you are from reserved and have money too YOU ARE SUPERSTAR in INDIA...

Totally Agreed !!

My two cents

1) Agree with Icarus, Muslims clearing exam shouldn't even be a news......... not sure why it is being reported as an achievement.

2) Is there any correlation with being a topper in UPSC exam and being a good administrator at all?

I'd rather have an honest IAS officer who barely made it than have a corrupt IAS topper in my district............ :pop:

I see what you mean. You certainly have a point. I would like to suggest, however, that on this side of the border, we can afford to nurture our minorities some more without suffering a religious blow-back.

True, since India is not a playground for the Global Powers and Islamic Factions, every sect is pumping money here to help Madrassahs propagate their version of the same faith, often by force, if need be. Pakistan was such a progressive country up till the 70s. Everyone was just muslim and just Pakistani, now everybody seems to belong to a different sect and a different ethnic stock.
Though I fear I am hijacking this thread an leading it off-topic. So, on-topic: So are there State-based Quotas for Seats in the ICS or are all the seats on open merit?

In Kerala, evenafter nurturing our Muslim community (25% of Kerala population) since 1952 (The whole of Muslim Community is OBC in Kerala, no matter their income) they form only 12% of the Govt jobs in Kerala and this is a state which is highly literate and have HDI index at par with some developed countries. If I am not mistaken, this so called 'under representation' finds mention in Sanchar Committee report also. So tell me who is responsible for this 'backwardness'.

Back
Top Bottom