What's new

3 Million Pakistani Kids to Get Free Education.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10_11_2012_001_007.jpg

President Zardari, Brown launch Waseela-e-Taleem to enrol 3 mln children at schools

ISLAMABAD, Nov 9 (APP): President Asif Ali Zardari along with Special Envoy of UN Secretary General on Global Education Gordon Brown here on Friday launched Waseela-e-Taleem Programme aimed at enrolling three million children in Pakistan during next four years. They launched the initiative Waseela-e-Taleem - a component of Benazir Income Support Programme - at a well attended ceremony at Aiwan-e-Sadr. President Zardari said the initiative is aimed at providing free education to the children of poorest of the poor families.
Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) is the flagship programme of poverty alleviation and women empowerment, he said adding BISP has already launched programmes including cash grants, micro financing, skill development and life and health insurance.
He said BISP is not merely a cash grant programme but it aims at enrolling the poorest of the poor to stand them on their feet.
“It teaches them how to catch a fish,” he remarked adding. “We are committed to achieve Universal Primary Education.”
As a result of constitutional amendment, education is now included in the fundamental rights, he mentioned.
The President said no country can make progress without investing in its human capital.
“That is why we have education as a basic right. We believe that ignorance and poverty go hand in hand. Poverty has kept away many children from education,” he added.
President Zardari said poverty and ignorance fuel militancy and extremism.
“We must fight against ignorance to fight poverty and militancy.”
The President commended role of Chairperson BISP Farzana Raja for launching multiple programmes providing comprehensive and effective social safety net for under privileged people.
He said Waseela-e-Taleem Programme lays solid foundation for a brighter future for poor children.
The President appreciated the support of international development partners including DFID, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, USAID and the governments of United Kingdom, China and Turkey for their assistance.
“Their support has helped BISP to become a great success story.”
He said BISP is apolitical programme and its sole mandate is to help the poor regardless of political and other divides.
The role of provincial governments and administration is critical in successful implementation of the programme, he noted.
He urged the provincial governments to extend all possible support to BISP.
“They should become partners in ensuring that each and every child is enrolled in the schools. I urge everyone to make this initiative a success. Failure is not an option. I will personally monitor the progress and implementation. I assure you of all possible support.”
The President said programmes like Waseela-e-Taleem are the best way to pay homage to the spirit of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto.
“This is the way to fulfill her vision of uplifting the poor.”
President Zardari said the government’s initiatives are forthe sake of future generations and with the advent of communication revolution, they need to fulfil the responsibility of shaping a better future for coming generations.
UN Special Envoy and former prime minister of UK Gordon Brown assured of his full support for education and achieving of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by Pakistan.
He appreciated President Zardari for providing leadership on issues of social significance.
He said Waseela-e-Taleem shows commitment of Pakistan to carry forward a comprehensive measure to educate millions of children still out of school.
He said the programme will achieve the target of giving opportunity to millions of children to stay at school and get access to learning material.
Every girl and boy are special and they have unique talents, he said adding the whole international community wishes to support Pakistan in its endeavours to provide education to children.
Brown said that November 10, will be observed as “Global Day of Action for Malala Yousafzai” and life of the courageous girl will be celebrated in activities in different countries.
He said one million people across the globe signed a petition in solidarity with Malala, who stood up for the right of education of children.
Chairperson Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Farzana Raja said objective of BISP is to transform Pakistan into a welfare state.
“We have dedicated ourselves to provision of education and health facilities. We are fighting two wars. One is war against terror fought by our brave armed forces and the other is poverty alleviation through BISP initiatives,” she added.
President Zardari and Gordon Brown distributed certificates among children who will get money for education under Waseela-e-Taleem.
Gordon Brown also signed a petition already signed by one million people of Pakistan pledging support for children’s right to education.

Election time aaaa raha hai .. all failed attempts ... own children go to UK oxford university , and Local Pakistani children get a second class education , time to kick out this man out of Pakistan

do they teach in Urdu or English i am talking about university and colleges. i would prefer full urdu. teaching them just English only make matter worse as they would be the future Pakistanis who could be next politicians which could lead to colonist mentality . if your own politicians do this it make the masses think more highly of west i spoke to many of them who think it heaven and money falls out of the tree. as a nation we need to work towards educating them about reality and remove fictional thought.
education>languages is the key. try to explain to mum and dad in English about some technology they will have lack of interest it not in their language so they do not understand the potential.

3 million get "free education"
They are making it sound like they are doing these kids a favor
Education is a Human right, not a privilege.
Every kid in Pakistan deserves a free education.

3 million get "free education"
They are making it sound like they are doing these kids a favor
Education is a Human right, not a privilege.
Every kid in Pakistan deserves a free education.

No doubt education is basic human right but no one has told Taliban this simple truth. Number of schools that Taliban have destroyed runs into thousand. Despite this I have heard Munawwar Hassan & Fareed Paracha openly declaring their admiration of school destroying Taliban. Even though he did admirable work establishing Namal College in Mianwali; Taliban Khan thinks that continued US drones attacks are justifiable excuse for Taliban to carry on revenge attacks on Pakistani public no matter if it results in destroying girls’ schools.

This may well be an election gimmic, but even if one thousand additional children get free education at whatever level, it better than nothing.

Campaigning gimmick or not, let's hope this goes through.

Pakistan has the potential to be something great. Really great. And it can't achieve its full potential if its kids don't get their R-R-R.

Govt Schools or donation schools in Pakistan should not be under corrupt ministry of education but someone who really have deep love in his heart for Pakistan.

do they teach in Urdu or English i am talking about university and colleges. i would prefer full urdu. teaching them just English only make matter worse as they would be the future Pakistanis who could be next politicians which could lead to colonist mentality . if your own politicians do this it make the masses think more highly of west i spoke to many of them who think it heaven and money falls out of the tree. as a nation we need to work towards educating them about reality and remove fictional thought.
education>languages is the key. try to explain to mum and dad in English about some technology they will have lack of interest it not in their language so they do not understand the potential.

yes lets try that one more time, we have only ruined one generation, all the baby boomers now were the victim of political tamasha choosing the medium of education, from urdu to arabic to sindhi to English then back to urdu then English again. Now we are seeing the results of that drama, all we have is jahils running this country and see the results

I think it should be choice of every indivisual student whether they want to study in Urdu or English.

Personally I think that all Hard science in schools should be taught in English and all Humanities should be taught in Urdu. On top of this kids should be taught their local language (ie pushto, punjabi, etc) in their local areas, and option of Arabic should be available.
We cannot ignore English or Urdu, every student in Pakistan should be fluent in both. This is vital for the country to prosper.

and still some poor souls will fall for such things ... :coffee:

May God bless Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom