What's new

1948 British report: Arabs will lose war

Irgun was a terrorist group which Israel dealt with very harshly. In terms of deaths and destruction though, it cannot be compared to Palestinian groups. They have the monopoly on terrorism

Altalena ship

Altalena Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The new Israel sank a weapons ship of the Irgun

11c4m80.jpg

It's still at the bottom of the sea.

I don't need any explanation. So, there's a Jewish terror group to right? That's what I wanted to know.

We didn't

Palestine was not a country and never has been at any time in history. Ever.

That's too extremist man. There's a Palestine ,but now it's been wiped off the map.

I don't need any explanation. So, there's a Jewish terror group to right? That's what I wanted to know.

Well, technically it wasn't really "Jewish" as it was a secular organisation.

That's too extremist man. There's a Palestine ,but now it's been wiped off the map.

I don't think you understand. It isn't extremist, it's a historical fact. There has never been a nation called Palestine.

There was a region called Palestine which was controlled by several empires (the last empire being British)

The region was split into Israel and Jordan.

We didn't

Palestine was not a country and never has been at any time in history. Ever.

Even dumber, so you are telling me that North Korea has never ever been a country since it splitted from Korea? According to your dumb logic no country on earth has the right to exist. Look my friend, why to bother with dumb after dumber after another dumbest lie, you just can say that Jews are stateless and want just to live in peace in a state of their own just like other people of earth and we will just accept it. Believe me, it's better for you guys. Millions have been immigrating to this region seeking refuge and they have been always welcomed and embraced by native people, the thing that didn't happen to you as you deny the native people of Palestine right to exist and establish their state on their own lands. I hope you get it now, I just hope..

There was a STATE called Palestine actually. Anyway, such discussion will give me nothing but a headache.
I don't think you understand. It isn't extremist, it's a historical fact. There has never been a nation called Palestine.
There was a region called Palestine which was controlled by several empires (the last empire being British)

Yeh, Palestine was empty when British occupied it. The same as France which was empty until Germans occupied it.

You don't have to expect any goddamn thing, it's crystal clear to the world it's considered to be a State. Otherwise Obama won't sign the check for you. :omghaha:
Dude :lol:

You're trying to argue about something that is an absolute fact.

I expected better from you bro.

Wow, I'm ashamed to say that zionist version of history bears resemblance to some of the revisionist historians in my country that talk about India the same way.

Palestineans were a people, with their own culture and history, inhabiting the land of Palestine for thousands of years. and there was a Palestinian 'state' established several times throughout history, but perhaps not in the European nation state kind of way (i.e. where you originally come from), because Eastern cultures had their own political philosophies and models.

But just say that back to yourself. Even if your lies were true.. does that make invasion of the land, expulsion of natives and brutal occupation by Europeans any less reprehensible? perhaps you've gone senile.

Any extremist will use this card against Palestinians man. No biggy (;
Wow, I'm ashamed to say that zionist version of history bears resemblance to some of the revisionist historians in my country that talk about India the same way.

Palestineans were a people, with their own culture and history, inhabiting the land of Palestine for thousands of years. and there was a Palestinian 'state' established several times throughout history, but perhaps not in the European nation state kind of way (i.e. where you originally come from), because Eastern cultures had their own political philosophies and models.

But just say that back to yourself. Even if your lies were true.. does that make invasion of the land, expulsion of natives and brutal occupation by Europeans any less reprehensible? perhaps you've gone senile.

Could you name be a government of Palestine that doesn't include the recent PA Abbas/Arafat.

Just name me a government or a Prime Minister.

Then we'll talk.

The only state here is you. A terrible state of education :omghaha:

Seriously. I'm not being rude...well, I am - but you really need to do a bit of research. The Islamic blinkers need to come off though.

Slightly interesting, this stuff. I have a biography of Israeli diplomat Abba Eban (St. John, 1972) which describes how these reports were written. Eban, who worked in Palestine for the Brits at the time (1946), wrote the reports on Arab sentiment, while his Arab counterpart wrote the reports on Jewish sentiment. The two shared the same office, back to back, never sharing.

I wonder why it took so long to be declassified. I don't wonder that the Guardian's article is full of misrepresentations and prevarications - like not pointing out that it was Britain who was defying the letter and spirit of the Mandate by trying to restrict Jewish immigration, under the phony excuse that "there wasn't enough room in Palestine for all the Jews who want to settle there."

The Brits wanted domination and dominion, and they knew they could achieve that working with Arabs - who had limited experience with self-government and depended on intermediaries to handle relations with the larger world - than with Jews who were just as capable as Europeans at self-government and external relations.

Actually, @Controlled Pair is correct when he says that there has never been a "Palestinian" nation in history. The name of that area/province was palestine, but the people never identified them as "palestinians". Always as "Arabs". The area was named "Palestine" by the Romans after they defeated the Jews because they wanted to erase jewish connection to that land.

The whole Palestinian thing started after the defeat in the 1967 war - those with Jordanian passport were turned to "palestinian" overnight.

There is a good, hard hitting poster about this for anyone who seeks the truth

D09524_1600.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom