What's new

168 Sukhoi Su-30 MKI Presently Flying In The Indian Air Force [IAF]

By 2020 India should build up at least 42 squadrons....and also get rid of the aging old fleets of Migs except the 29 series, Jaguar and Sea harrier.... The main workhorse should be the FGFA, Su-30MKI, Rafale, LCA-MK1 and MK2, Mig-29....and I hope DRDO will not delay the AMCA ...it should be in its trial phase by then. I hope Indian Navy gets their hand of some F-35's too. Should be a nice blend of fighters...

By 2020 India should build up at least 42 squadrons....and also get rid of the aging old fleets of Migs except the 29 series, Jaguar and Sea harrier.... The main workhorse should be the FGFA, Su-30MKI, Rafale, LCA-MK1 and MK2, Mig-29....and I hope DRDO will not delay the AMCA ...it should be in its trial phase by then. I hope Indian Navy gets their hand of some F-35's too. Should be a nice blend of fighters...

42 SQUADRONS BY 2020 is pretty tough for IAF. Hope we will achieve ~38 squadrons so far.
May be we will see bisons till than(although little possibility). FGFA will be in very low no by 2020.
F35 for navy......:no:

Which doesn't mean that these crashes were caused by technical problems, some of them were simply human errors. Sad, but that happens too!
One thing that I want to highlight as an important part of the safty reckord is, that afaik not a single MKI pilot lost his life during these crashes! This shows that there were credible improvements in Russian ejection seats and safty measures, not only to the general quality of Sukhoi fighters, since most of our Mig crashes ended with the loss of a precious life!

Couldn't agree more :tup:

1. Harriers will be retired ASAP, they are completely outdated and no match for the new Mig 29Ks with their latest avionics, weaponry and flight characteristics.

2.AMCA will be delayed as usual. HAL has to produce MKIs, Hawks, Dhruvs, LCH, (maybe Tejas) and most importantly it will have to produce and absorb the technology for the Rafales and the FGFAs. I dont see a realistic chance that they will have enough resources nor facilities to develop, test and produce a 5th gen aircraft in time.

3. Buying the F35 would be the dumbest decision ever. Who knows whether the Americans wont simply put in a switch to disable them whenever we do something we dont like. Better go for a naval variant of the FGFA.

Keep them coming!

525082_10151358139028071_2044803283_n.jpg

LOVE THE PLANE DTN News - INDIA DEFENSE NEWS: India

The size of the flanker MEANS we could one day add internal weapons bay or mki to carry internal weapons pods like the F15S of USA.

We need to keep on updating this baby with MLU to a near fifth gen standard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom