What's new

14 More F16 for PAF (Approved by US)

Details Please: How much money to be paid, which blk etc etc

no details mayray bhai.... it was on ptv news and thats all they told. there are other people on this forum with great contacts who could easily get this news confirmed.

More F-16s; God knows when we will come out of this obsession of American-made sanction-prone military hardware. The entire 60s era was not sufficient to learn a lesson? Entire 70s era was not sufficient to learn the similar lesson for the second time; Entire 90s era was not sufficient to learn the similar lesson yet again? I can not speak for others, but I myself have developed kind of an allergy for this 70s era F-16. If I were to protect my home, I'll go for a far inferior shot gun for which I have ample cartridges, and related supplies than with a most sophisticated Machine gun whose ammo and supplies are in the hands of an ever-mood-changing supplier who is also the friend of my arch enemies.

The leading air forces are concentrating all their efforts and resources to develop/acquire the 5th generation air-superiority fighter air planes and we are chanting the acquisition (hopes of) old F-16s. May Allah have mercy on our state though I very much doubt.

oo yaar why u guys put Indian concern into this ? dafa karooo unke sunta koon hey lol rootay rahtay hain sare dunya ko pata hey India ka let confirm this news by Senior Military pros over here...

More F-16s; God knows when we will come out of this obsession of American-made sanction-prone military hardware. The entire 60s era was not sufficient to learn a lesson? Entire 70s era was not sufficient to learn the similar lesson for the second time; Entire 90s era was not sufficient to learn the similar lesson yet again? I can not speak for others, but I myself have developed kind of an allergy for this 70s era F-16. If I were to protect my home, I'll go for a far inferior shot gun for which I have ample cartridges, and related supplies than with a most sophisticated Machine gun whose ammo and supplies are in the hands of an ever-mood-changing supplier who is also the friend of my arch enemies.

The leading air forces are concentrating all their efforts and resources to develop/acquire the 5th generation air-superiority fighter air planes and we are chanting the acquisition (hopes of) old F-16s. May Allah have mercy on our state though I very much doubt.

Qsaark
I respect your views but would you mind telling us what else is on hand for an AF which is so strapped for cash that it has to buy the planes it has itself helped create on a loan. These are EDA planes, and spending 12 million per plane will get you a zero life reconditioned plane good for another 10-15 yrs. Yes sanctions hit us badly in the 80s and 90s, but the point is we have catered to this possibility by importing adequate parts.Also even during sanctions we were able to field an almost complete fleet by buying parts on the open market, as F16s are used by many friendly countries.
Your comment about 70s era plane while logical is not borne out purely on financial basis. The threats that we have are now and not ten yrs from now. We need a plane to fight internal and possibly external insurgenciesnow and not in the future.Besides, which country is in a position to offer you a fifth generation plane now or even in the next five yrs. JXX is at least a decade away before we can even talk to the chinese about exporting it. Do you propose going back to uncle Sam again and ask for F35? The decisiojn regarding Fifth generation plane will be taken on time, but for now the need is to modernise our current inventory with as many 4th generation fighters as we can, and i see no better fighter in our current state than F16s. Even J10s when they come will require setting up, of an infrastructure, and the engine issue is not resolved as yet.
One has to be realistic, we cant go down the route to modernisation without help, if the US is providing us the help we need , we need to be thankful rather than be critical. Prepare for the worst, and then hope for the best should be our motto.
regards
Araz

Rightly said... we do want help in defence but not from the killer of inocent children of palestine and lebanon. and about F16 well i think originally the plan was to buy 28 blk15 ex-peace gate.... so i think these 14 are from the ex peace gate blk15.

Bhai we already co developed the depleted uranium shells with Israel!!!!:what: So leave this "Killer of Innocent Children" aside. None of the Arab states are actually standing right besides us in our war on terror against some of the fellows from their own countries.

Want to how PakArmy is viewed by those Terrorist Taliban??? It all depends upon who is looking at whom from which angle!!!:no:

In mid 80s Pak ordered 70+ F-16s in additional to 40 already delivered but only 28 were built out of 70 and embargoed. So 18 were returned back couple of years ago and now they have agreed to 14 more but where does the 4 air craft comes from when they were never built? perhaps 4 different block? or 4 Block 52+ and 10 block 15?

guys...!
PAF has ordered 14 more f16 blk-52 from the remaining 18 that were kept in option.
now over all inventory of PAF f16 block 52 will be 18+14=32 till 2014.

Last edited:
Hi,
Personally i don't even consider DAWN NEWS credible enough, but i hope its true, since India has hinted it will not go with American jets or at least f -16, then is there any sign now that Pakistan might get block 60 ?

there is no way paf can get blk 60!
this web says that we will get these by december!
U.S. to provide 14 F-16 jet planes to Pakistan
:pakistan:

The US has agreed to give 14 more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said on Saturday.

Briefing the media at the air headquarters, Suleman said the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was ready to thwart any internal or external threat.

He said an air exercise now under way would continue till May 10. "Its sole purpose is to ensure the country's security," the Online news agency quoted him as saying.

He said the US had agreed to give 14 F-16 jets in addition to the 18 it was committed to.
Pakistan will also participate in a joint exercise with the US, he said. He added that the air force had not asked the US for drone technology and that it would develop it on its own.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

wat is this 18+18+14?
all i am aware of is 18 and now another 14. anyone?

Back
Top Bottom