What's new

10 Foods to Try Before You Die

Besan Halva(gram flour halva)

4413042696_744c827e7f.jpg

yuuuuuuuuk to all ten go to hell them tandoori chiken is best on earth with chiken fried rice :D

As I said before cuisines are very well integrated in the east thats why we have similar tastes.

İrmik helvası
irmik-helvasi.jpg

Another delicacy from my neck of the woods.. Shellfish (we call it 'marwai')..

before​

after...

Some sweets from South India:

Mysoor Paakk (Mysore Pak):
krishnasweets_mysurpa.jpg

Kozhikode Aluva (Calicut Halwa):
dsc02645.jpg

Dharwad Peda:

kandi+pedha+6.JPG

Holige or Poli (not Chapathi! this is made from Banana):

3095174299_04d64f1aea.jpg

Avalose Unda:

4184635958_b019df87cf.jpg

Palada Pradhaman: Palada pradhaman is a sweet dish made of flakes of cooked rice, milk, and sugar.

Palada+payasam.png

Kuru Fasulye & Pilav , classic couple of our dinner tables at home, these two goes too good together but later turns your body to gas station :)
kuru20fasulye.jpg

Idli, Sambar and chutney, common south Indian food
Idli_Sambar.JPG

Idli-Vada with sambar and chutney

idli-vada-sambar-coconut-chutney.jpg

Rawa/suji Upma :smitten:

Upma.JPG

that vada looks too light. looks like it's only half fried. it has to be dark brown.. :lol:

And sambar and chutney too look too much watery.:laugh:

saw some regional tv program, they are saying, south Indian food is also famous in konkan region too(as in daily diet).

I always wondered how South Indians make vada with a "hole" until one day I saw vada making utensil in supermarket in Chennai. :laugh:

And sambar and chutney too look too much watery.:laugh:

spot on.. looks like that one is cooked by a non-south indian.. :lol:

btw Spark failed to mention this famous traditional delicacy called Puttu from his own backyard..

& this is a traditional delicacy from my own backyard.. rice noodles (locally known as Semige)..

Kuru Fasulye & Pilav , classic couple of our dinner tables at home, these two goes too good together but later turns your body to gas station :)
kuru20fasulye.jpg

Don't forget fresh onion and ayran, it is a must with kuru fasulye!

Back
Top Bottom