What's new

10 Epic Military Last Stands

Ur Correct But the Maratha Recaptured the Lost territory & Revenged By Defeating both Rohillas & Nawabs of Oudh 10 years After the 3rd War of Panipat... & During the Peak of Maratha regime they Controlled Punjab , even Few Parts of Sindh ... the war of 27 years Led to the Decline of Mughal in India... Although there where Other Muslim Empires in India but Mughals Empire was erased to a level that they were just a Nominal head of Delhi by the Marathas ...

Aurangazeb fought 27 years against Maratha & Destroyed his Empire , the Whole Mughal Treasury Which Led to infight after his Death...
& Durrani empire Lost its Glory due to Sikh rebellion ...

Maratha Empire at its Peak... u can see clearly Punjab was in there Hand...

500px-South_Asia_1758_AD-_4.JPG

where are mysore and deccan kingdoms? dont spread what u cant prove

with All due respect to Sikhs 1,000,000 vs 48 IS IMPOSSIBLE even for NEO in matrix!!!!!

i think it must be 10,000 vs 48!!!!! that still is one man to 208:1 ratio!!!! abnormal yet still digestible

but a ratio of 21,000:1 is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

i goggled it only sources available are sikh sources. & i don't wish to upset any religious group hence just leave it at "beliefs"

The ratio is correct according the religious sakhis ,around 1 million mughals surrounded the chamkaur garhi (fortress) .But the number of mughals killed in wiki is wrong,too much exaggerated .

You must have heard the famous sikh quote " Sawa lakh se ek ladaun, Tabe Gobind Singh Naam kahaun.it was said by Guru Gobind singh at that time of Battle of Chamkaur.

i heard there was a battle in which the Muslims tried to get into the golden temple and got one dude but he had his head cut off and fought until the last enemy solider was killed? some sikh told me this, is it true :undecided:
Baba Deep singh

Baba Deep Singh - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.

don't know if it is a myth or not...But the place where his head dropped is still in the parikarma of Golden Temple.

where are mysore and deccan kingdoms? dont spread what u cant prove
Now who Told U Mysore & Nizam was under Marathas ... i was talking about Punjab... read all the Post from the start of the Thread then Comment...

Errrr does the gunfight at OK corral count? That one is my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
for muslim the best one was war of yarmok. (1000-3000 muslims VS 100000-150000 romans) muslims won actually.

best last stand i didnt remeber correctly but its was a muslim prince from current Kazakhstan agaisnt jangiz kahn

Funny to see fanboys blindly falling into propaganda without any idea of military history.

Durrani invaded western india with his afgan army of about 100000 men as there was no great power in that region.Having annexed punjab and descreted the golden temple he left with booty and prisoners he intended as slaves leaving behind a rearguard of 20000 men to hold punjab with his new governer,Baba deep singh and his followers some 1000-5000 went to avenge the desecration and free the prisoners .Some daring raids managed to free many .
The battle that took place between the governor's forces and deep singh's was possibly about 1000-4000 men vs 20000.So the odds were around 5-1 and not the ludicrous 48 men vs a million.
Though the sikhs claimed there vengeance later by reclaiming punjab and destroying the durrani empire under ranjit singh.

Propaganda is used in all histories.Greeks herodotus in particular said xerxes's invading persian army had 5 million men,it has been established it was probably around 200000.
Alexander's partisans claim a million men at gaugamela though it was no more than 100000-200000.

If anyone is interested i will give a full account of the third battle of panipat.

I recommend people interested in military history to download the osprey campaign ebooks available at the net.They are superbly illustrated and detailed and will clear baseless propaganda.

For those interested in a non biased account of yarmouk it is available in that series and is a great read.

Osprey Campaign 031 Yarmuk 636 Ad The Muslim Conquest Of Syria (50 Mb) Rapidshare Download

Enjoy.
Also recommend especially the napoleonic wars.

you guys should not forget the biggest thank attack which was India in sialkot Pakistan i think it was 500 tanks pasting army solider did suside attacks by getting under the tanks and blowing up them self’s with the bombs west on there chest :pakistan:

Thats not a last stand,if ur talking about fanatical battle zeal there are numerous examples.
the samurai,the arabs during the early abbasids,the waffen ss,sikhs and rajputs,the crusader knights,the japanese kamikaze on carriers and human bombs to kill us tanks in the pacific theatre.
Whenever men are sufficiently motivated by either nationalism,a proud history or military tradition or high espirit de corps,or religion they have committed inhuman sacrifices throughout human history accross all peoples.

The ratio is correct according the religious sakhis ,around 1 million mughals surrounded the chamkaur garhi (fortress) .But the number of mughals killed in wiki is wrong,too much exaggerated .

You must have heard the famous sikh quote " Sawa lakh se ek ladaun, Tabe Gobind Singh Naam kahaun.it was said by Guru Gobind singh at that time of Battle of Chamkaur.

again if a million people surround 48 people they might lose 100,000 but will easily over run the 48 people. so i am not doubting GOBIND SINGH's claim not even one bit but it is just a slogan & doesn't hold factual truth.

but yes never the less he might have been out numbered 2:1 but 20,000:1 sorry

Funny to see fanboys blindly falling into propaganda without any idea of military history.

Durrani invaded western india with his afgan army of about 100000 men as there was no great power in that region.Having annexed punjab and descreted the golden temple he left with booty and prisoners he intended as slaves leaving behind a rearguard of 20000 men to hold punjab with his new governer,Baba deep singh and his followers some 1000-5000 went to avenge the desecration and free the prisoners .Some daring raids managed to free many .
The battle that took place between the governor's forces and deep singh's was possibly about 1000-4000 men vs 20000.So the odds were around 5-1 and not the ludicrous 48 men vs a million.
Though the sikhs claimed there vengeance later by reclaiming punjab and destroying the durrani empire under ranjit singh.

Propaganda is used in all histories.Greeks herodotus in particular said xerxes's invading persian army had 5 million men,it has been established it was probably around 200000.
Alexander's partisans claim a million men at gaugamela though it was no more than 100000-200000.

If anyone is interested i will give a full account of the third battle of panipat.

I recommend people interested in military history to download the osprey campaign ebooks available at the net.They are superbly illustrated and detailed and will clear baseless propaganda.

For those interested in a non biased account of yarmouk it is available in that series and is a great read.

Osprey Campaign 031 Yarmuk 636 Ad The Muslim Conquest Of Syria (50*Mb) Rapidshare Download

Enjoy.
Also recommend especially the napoleonic wars.
is there any legit source for your claim

As to what claim?If ur talking abt baba deep singh sikhiwiki is a good source.
In any case sikhiwiki which can't be said to be a wholy neutral source provides the numbers 20000 and 5000.Baba Deep Singh - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.
I don't think sikhiwiki can be said to be a source biased against the sikhs[that would be against the whole point of making sikhiwiki] so these numbers in probability are more accurate than a million against 48.

In any case sikhiwiki which can't be said to be a wholy neutral source provides the numbers 20000 and 5000.Baba Deep Singh - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.
I don't think sikhiwiki can be said to be a source biased against the sikhs[that would be against the whole point of making sikhiwiki] so these numbers in probability are more accurate than a million against 48.

Propaganda is used in all histories.

You are mixing two events. The one in which Guru gobind singh participated fought against Aurangzeb(Battle of chamakur)in 1705 and
the other one in which Baba deep singh and company fought against Abdali's forces in 1757.BOTH battles have a time gap of 50 years....

Back
Top Bottom