What's new

1,500km Babur II under Development, also SL Babur progress.

I mentioned earlier that even the mighty eurofighter still being armed with subsonic cruise missile Taurus...
If the missiles were that easy to destroy
,the europeans must have come up with a better thing to proudly display as marketing gimmick alongside their cherished fighter jet...?

Cruise missiles despite being 50s technology are going to continue for easily another 2 decades, considering there is not a single instance of a cruise missile being intercepted in modern wars.

Even after supersonic and current development of hypersonic. India is trying very hard to make subsonic Nirbhay cruise missile.:bunny:

That because the supersonic system they have is still based on a readymade russian blue-print.
Sure, they modified it a lot and a lot of Indian know-how went into it.
But at the end of the day.. the dough for the chappati was already there.. they just cooked it very well, added some of their own onions and garlic to it.. but the dough is still Russian.

When you do it yourself, you have more kinks to work out..

Pakistan was granted the god given gift of an intact tomahawk..

Even after supersonic and current development of hypersonic. India is trying very hard to make subsonic Nirbhay cruise missile.:bunny:

Not very hard, as India already had the technology base for a sub-sonic cruise missile as early as 1985 (DRDO Lakhsya). Problem is with accuracy.

That because the supersonic system they have is still based on a readymade russian blue-print.
Sure, they modified it a lot and a lot of Indian know-how went into it.
But at the end of the day.. the dough for the chappati was already there.. they just cooked it very well, added some of their own onions and garlic to it.. but the dough is still Russian.
And limitation of 300Km.
Indian every test will be on 290km or less.
+ India can't attackh nuclear tipped missile.
Lots of limitation according to international laws.

yes ,look down radars will pick up cruise missile,and so will systems like Tor,if they are at the right place at the right time..
But Babur has two way communication capability via beidou?
If one gets shot,its last position will be known,and a second missile can be launched via a different route?

And limitation of 300Km.
Indian every test will be on 290km or less.
+ India can't attackh nuclear tipped missile.
Lots of limitation according to international laws.

That limitation would end with the Brahmos-II.. since that would have a much larger percentage of Indian R&D involved..
Its range however..would still be much less than any subsonic cruise missile like the Nirbhay.. yet enough for Pakistan.

The thing with these two systems is simple..
with the brahmos , you know its coming from the few seconds its launched.. you can track it using both radar and IR..but you will have a difficult time intercepting it unless you have excellent SAMs and very fast tracking radar/optical guided AAA.

With the Nirbhay/Babur.. you may not know its coming till its very close.. but if you have the time , you can intercept it provided you have enough CIWSs on site.

This better not be another false rumor like that NASR 180KM range which turned out not to be the case.

Sir Nasr may well have achieved 180KM but confirming its range would kill the needed surprise. After having developed 60 and 3000 KM ranges, it shouldn't be hard to achieve 180. But Allah knows the best.

That limitation would end with the Brahmos-II.. since that would have a much larger percentage of Indian R&D involved..
Its range however..would still be much less than any subsonic cruise missile like the Nirbhay.. yet enough for Pakistan.

The thing with these two systems is simple..
with the brahmos , you know its coming from the few seconds its launched.. you can track it using both radar and IR..but you will have a difficult time intercepting it unless you have excellent SAMs and very fast tracking radar/optical guided AAA.

With the Nirbhay/Babur.. you may not know its coming till its very close.. but if you have the time , you can intercept it provided you have enough CIWSs on site.

Is there a compromise solution between the two ?

after india's ABM capability...its only logical for Pakistan to divert resources towards cruise missiles against which india has no defense.

I think both will be needed in parallel. cruise missiles can destroy defense shields before ballistic missiles get their turn.

I think both will be needed in parallel. cruise missiles can destroy defense shields before ballistic missiles get their turn.

Dude, I'm asking as a complete noob so don't scold me : Is it possible for a said 'cruise missile' to be developed as such that it goes in the subsonic mode whilst lying low for the better part of its journey and then just a few dozen KMs before impact it goes into Mach 2-3 mode speed ?

Dude, I'm asking as a complete noob so don't scold me : Is it possible for a said 'cruise missile' to be developed as such that it goes in the subsonic mode whilst lying low for the better part of its journey and then just a few dozen KMs before impact it goes into Mach 2-3 mode speed ?

Anything can be programmed and built. Not very complex systems. Major problem is communications and warhead miniaturization. And the BIGGEST one of them all is the underwater launch capability. The subsystem design for that is the most complex for any nation. Once you have that nailed down.... Surprise, surprise....

Enjoy the following informational video & soundtrack of a ballistic missile launch SLBM @ 2:50.

Note: All the videos are of ballistic launches and can not be compared to CM launch. Though, the underwater launch procedure will be somewhat similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLUH7qA_6sA&feature=related

And my most favorite video with ton of data about the basic operation of an ICBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdjgL40wc4&feature=related

I can confirm, that a newer longer range Babur is under development, it will form the initial asset in the Navy's Strategic Forces arsenal, and also the cornerstone in the Navy's planned deployment of precision guided munitions program. :pakistan:

Number two the mechanism for launching a large LACM from underwater has been validated after a series of experiments, this includes from considerably deep depth. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

It paves the way for interesting development in the overall program.

Also have news on the Nuke Submarine development - but cannot disclose, suffice to say - many significant milestones are being achieved, with a partner from the southern hemisphere chipping in. ;)

I don't doubt your credibility sir, but with all due respect, I believe you mixed-up the information a little bit. Now if I'm not wrong, you were told that the Babur-II LACM is for the Subs, but the range has been assumed IMO. What I'm saying, is that Babur-II (of same range as Babur) will be the designation for the LACM to be inducted by the Navy.

What is source of your news and even if develop it still we need more Submarines and Frigates to launch these missiles Pakistan Navy needs to have more Frigates and Submarines and than Missiles to protect our Sea
Remember your reply when i asked what is source that you have ICBMs? :p:P First you need missiles to defend your shore then acquire ships for offensive operations .

Well then it cane be applied to everything...
How can we know that Nasr can carry nukes? Probably Pakistanis are just bluffing to counter indian cold start? What about our Ballistic missile capabilities? What if they all are failures and we are having severe problems to form some sort of deterrence ..but still you know..psychological game...we say that we have deployed nuclear missiles etc... This can go on and on..isn't it?
Yes! U are absolutely right! Nobody knows the reality unless or until its proven within the field. By the way regarding the above discussion of 1500km range \Cruise missile discussion PN or the strategic command forces never claimed about it so its illusion or daydreaming by us on the PDF unless they publicly announce that claim or tests. ..........:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom