What's new

Zardari visits Pindi blast victims

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tuesday, December 08, 2009

By Muhammad Saleh Zaafir & Asim Yasin

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Zardari on Monday visited the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) to enquire after the injured of the Parade Lane mosque blast.

The president was accompanied by Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar. Talking to the injured, President Zardari said: “Forces of extremism and terrorism pose a threat to our national security and stability, but the armed forces are fully prepared to fight this menace. We as a nation will never bow down against the cowardice acts of terrorism,” he said. He said the nation, along with the armed forces, stood united in sharing the grief of the injured persons. He prayed for the early recovery of the wounded. He expressed sympathy with the bereaved families and praised their exemplary strength in this moment of trial.

It was the first occasion ever since becoming head of the state that Zardari visited a hospital to enquire after the wellbeing of the victims of any terror attack. He could not spare more than 19 minutes for the injured, who are under treatment.

The president’s helicopter landed at 2:30pm and left at 3:00pm. His staff earlier distributed fruit-baskets among the patients on his behalf and the president in rush-through-like action shook hands with the injured, asking conventional queries and completed the round of the general ward and officers blocks.

The president was given due protocol on his arrival at the hospital as he was received by Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Surgeon General Pakistan Army Lt-Gen Rehan Burney and commandant of the hospital Brig Muhammad Abbas Malik.

President’s personal friend and owner of a Karachi hospital also accompanied him. Asif Zardari was confined in his friend’s hospital during his detention days in Karachi and his friend took care of his comforts. He did not take with him the federal health minister or the federal health secretary, instead allowed a personal friend for the company, who is aspiring to become governor of Sindh.

Sources pointed out the president was visibly in a hurry as he did not console the injured by staying beside them for a while and inquiring about treatment and other relevant things in a relaxed manner. It looked as if he was doing the job for some photo session. The Army chief and other senior officials stayed with him in the round.

Interestingly, Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, who attended the funeral of soldiers and officers of the gory incident, had spent about two hours with the dear and near ones of the victims on Saturday. Army Chief Gen Kayani has visited the hospital thrice since Friday last and he has also spent much time with the relatives of the martyred and the injured.

No patient could understand what the president was talking about as he was in a great hurry. He could not spare time to attend the funeral of any of the martyred in 14 months of his presidency.

Before the visit of President Zardari to the CMH, security arrangements were made so stringent that the relatives/attendants of the injured were asked to leave their respective wards and even the premises. The president reached in a most sophisticated chopper that Pakistan has recently acquired from Italy. Yet another helicopter also flew as decoy chopper with the Presidential helicopter. Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani who visited the CMH on Eid day had spent about three hours with patients.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

this news deserves mentioning as our beloved president has finally come out of his bunker

Yes because in yesterday newspaper in Dawn, it was written that he didn't even bother to go on the funerals of Army officers in Rawalpindi

He just care for his life and does not have any interest in Pakistan.

Due to this news i think he just visited the hospital formally. :hitwall:

Finally he woke up... Can some Pakistani friends translate the gist of the article.

Give him some credit....

Considering the security situation the taliban will always be looking for high value targets and visits by state head is a pain for all the common people any way coz of the security protocol.

Give him some credit....

Considering the security situation the taliban will always be looking for high value targets and visits by state head is a pain for all the common people any way coz of the security protocol.

Yeh we give him credit for taking out of 15 mins from his busy life which he been spending to improve economy of pakistan from the last one year :)

When prime minister and Chief of army staff can take the security risk and spend some time with the families , who are victims of terrorism attacks. then why he cant go out..
If he is so scared of his own people then i dont think that he got any right to rule the country...:hitwall:

Give him some credit....

Until the enemies of Pakistan want it to continue committing mistakes, they won't touch the President. ;)

81e65f295b52790dcdac143b939e9b62.jpg

I don’t know who allows donkey heads to publish their foolish items in internet and print Media. Saleh Zafar is not so non-sense as he presented him in the article. I don’t think there was any need to make fuss of it. Reading this article I am forced to think that Saleh Zafart needs to grow up. He seems much immature. I suggest him please come up with some solid criticism and issues. Such items just show immaturity and non-sense. Zardari visited CMH and enquired about health of wounded in the blast despite huge threats to his life. Despite commending Zardari, criticizing him shows nothing but bad intentions. Everyone knows Zardari’s life is at stake and those who martyred want to target him now. Even president has several time expressed these concerns but despite threats to his life he visited CMH and inquired health of wounded. Such childish attitude of Mr. Saleh Zafar is condemnable and shows his mental approach

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I don’t know who allows donkey heads to publish their foolish items in internet and print Media. Saleh Zafar is not so non-sense as he presented him in the article. I don’t think there was any need to make fuss of it. Reading this article I am forced to think that Saleh Zafart needs to grow up. He seems much immature. I suggest him please come up with some solid criticism and issues. Such items just show immaturity and non-sense. Zardari visited CMH and enquired about health of wounded in the blast despite huge threats to his life. Despite commending Zardari, criticizing him shows nothing but bad intentions. Everyone knows Zardari’s life is at stake and those who martyred want to target him now. Even president has several time expressed these concerns but despite threats to his life he visited CMH and inquired health of wounded. Such childish attitude of Mr. Saleh Zafar is condemnable and shows his mental approach

Breaking News:Zardari came out of Aiwan-E-Sadar

He's out of Aiwan-E-Sadar quite often, actually - I think he's already gotten 2x as many airmiles as our foreign minister, incidentally the guy who should be travelling the most.

Back
Top Bottom