What's new

Yeh Bhi Umreeka Hey

VCheng

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yeh bhi Umreeka hey, the good, the bad and the ugly:

from:Larry DePrimo, NYPD Cop, Buys Homeless Man Boots (PHOTO)

Larry DePrimo, NYPD Cop, Buys Homeless Man Boots
Newsday | By Anthony M DeStefano

You have to like what NYPD Officer Larry DePrimo did for a barefoot man in Manhattan one frigid night this month. In fact, more than 260,000 Facebook users have "liked" DePrimo's actions, a number that's growing every day.

After a tourist from Arizona snapped a photo of DePrimo, of Holbrook, giving the man socks and boots to ward off the cold, the image became an instant hit on the NYPD's Facebook page.

PHOTO (Story continues below):
iJyOX.jpg

As of late Wednesday, the photo had been shared 47,716 times, boosting subscribers to the department's 5-month-old page by 7,000, to 95,000, officials said.

"I had two pairs of wool winter socks and combat boots, and I was cold," DePrimo, 25, said Wednesday, recalling the night of Nov. 14, when he encountered an unidentified, shoeless man on the sidewalk on Seventh Avenue near 44th Street.

DePrimo offered to get him socks and shoes.

"I never had a pair of shoes," the man replied, according to DePrimo, who's assigned to the Sixth Precinct and has been on the force nearly three years.

The officer walked to a Skechers store on 42nd Street and shelled out $75 for insulated winter boots and thermal socks. He returned to the man, knelt down and put the footwear on him.

"He smiled from ear to ear," DePrimo said. "It was like you gave him a million dollars."

The officer asked the man if he wanted a cup of coffee, but he graciously declined and went on his way.

"I didn't think anything of it," DePrimo said of his generosity.

But during dinner that night, he got a text message from a friend. The photo had gone viral.

"I was absolutely shocked," he said.

(c)2012 Newsday

There are good and bad people everywhere. Its outright ludicrous to say that all Americans or Jews are bad. Hats off to Officer DePrimo for a very courteous act. There is still some good left in the world, or else we humans would have destroyed this planet long ago.

Just watching the TV - tonight there are going to cover this story during newtime in various channels.

The difference is that when a Cop does something good he is considered as the symbol of how friendly the police force is in America. At the same time, when cops abuse their powers (which they do quiet often) they are first considered as "isolated" incidents by the authorities, and after all the "investigations" they are quietly brushed off as non-incidents.

Heat warming :) .These Acts Just get your Faith in Humanity Restored . We are not yet hopeless .

Another such Video .[video]http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/223387-faith-humanity-insaniyat-restored-heatwarming.html[/video]

Right outside the Port Authority in Queens, my cab dropped me with 5 big suitcases on the street. Now I was keeping one eye on my bags and one eye on some way of finding a trolley to haul the bags to the bus. I ask a cop standing right next to me, where do you suppose I can find a trolley here?

Answer: "Do I look like a port authority cop? I'm a New York city cop!" Snap.

Me: Ok ok...

Who came to my rescue? Rather to my mom's rescue, this nice Mexican guy - "Mama, I heeelp you!". He even refused to take any money for it. Then some drug addict homeless man came to help us too, he just asked for a dollar! Between them, myself and my mom we managed to get 5 pieces of luggage about 500 m down to where the bus departs.

So yeah you remember the kindness - and the meanness of at times of need.

its the white man helping a black homeless ........

thats why its a publicity news ?

Right outside the Port Authority in Queens, my cab dropped me with 5 big suitcases on the street. Now I was keeping one eye on my bags and one eye on some way of finding a trolley to haul the bags to the bus. I ask a cop standing right next to me, where do you suppose I can find a trolley here?

Answer: "Do I look like a port authority cop? I'm a New York city cop!" Snap.

Me: Ok ok...

Who came to my rescue? Rather to my mom's rescue, this nice Mexican guy - "Mama, I heeelp you!". He even refused to take any money for it. Then some drug addict homeless man came to help us too, he just asked for a dollar! Between them, myself and my mom we managed to get 5 pieces of luggage about 500 m down to where the bus departs.

So yeah you remember the kindness - and the meanness of at times of need.

Isn't it common with every society or are you reserving your judgement only for Americans?

Has VCheng retired?

VCheng: Born 09-29-10 Died 12-10-12. Resting in Eternal Peace. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom