What's new

With F-35 delay, IAF looking at purchase of used F-15s

bhagat

Reaction score
Fearing major delays to the Joint Strike Fighter, the IAF is exploring whether to purchase a used squadron of F-15 fighter jets from the US Air Force, as it faces a possible drop in its number of combat aircraft.

Israel decided to purchase a squadron of 20 F-35 stealth fifth-generation JSFs, which are made by Lockheed Martin, last year in a massive $2.75 billion deal, to be financed by the military assistance Israel receives from the United States.

The program has recently encountered significant development delays. Other countries, such as Turkeyand Norway, have also reportedly put their purchases of the aircraft on hold.

The F-35 is supposed to be one of the most advanced fighter jets in the world and will enable Israel to phase out some of its older F-15 and F-16 models.

According to the IAF, the plane will significantly boost Israel’s deterrence in the Middle East and provide it with an edge on adversaries that operate advanced anti-aircraft systems, since it is a stealth jet that cannot be detected by existing radars.

Due to the delays, the IDF is working on a plan that includes upgrading its current fleet of legendary F-15s and F-16s that it had planned on phasing out, as well as the procurement of a squadron of used F-15s from the USAF that will serve as a “gap filler” for the IAF until the JSF arrives, now expected as late as 2018.
With F-35 delay, IAF looking at purchase of used F-15s

Hopefully, the F-35 will be delayed even further and out to 2020. By the time oil runs out, the US will be paralyzed.

By the time oil runs out, China will be so crippled that even a paralyzed man could beat the PLA, or whatever is left of it.

Man, when I read IAF in the subject line, I thought it was about the Indian Air Force and my heart was thumping heavily.

But when I read the article it was about Israel.

As a convention, Israel Airforce is denoted as IsAF.

IAF is only for Indian Air Force.

i thought that only the countries in the f-35 project got this airplane?

is it only israel without this countries that is going to get this weapon?

Hopefully, the F-35 will be delayed even further and out to 2020. By the time oil runs out, the US will be paralyzed.

I love how the Chinese pretend that it's only the United States who uses oil in the world. rofl.

Haha i for once was like we going for f15 wtf but after that i realised it was about our friends

When are IsAF F-16s and F-15s retiring??? For USAF F-16s it is 2025 (isnt it???). So i guess there is still some good time left!!

i thought that only the countries in the f-35 project got this airplane?

is it only israel without this countries that is going to get this weapon?
Prime developer - US
Level I partner - UK
Level II partners - Italy, Netherlands
Level III Partners - Canada, Australia, Turkey, Norway, Denmark.
Security Cooperative Participants - Israel, Singapore

F-35 was also offered to India.

gambit..By the time oil runs out, China will be so crippled that even a paralyzed man could beat the PLA, or whatever is left of it.

Medically a paralyzed man can't move unless he is part of X-Men chronicles..illiterate statement..

If you are mad enough bite your self...due to forum rules i'll omit part of the statement.:lol:

Let me rephrase..by the time oil runs out for us of a, China would be in control of major energy corridors that is becoming a fact..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom