What's new

Will Pakistan Get Dassault Raffale In Near Future?

Araz sb you misunderstood my post sir. I know that the reprocessing plant was canceled but that is an altogether different story because that involved sensitive technology regarding nuclear. Also part of the blame lies upon us because we had other intentions in mind and not just producing electricity which those countries(France) were not aware of and hence when they did become aware of our real intentions, they decided to cancel it.
I agree with you and i have stated the very same in many posts that we need to stop relying on China to an extent that we do now and indeed self reliance is the key to success however i would like to add here that Pakistan being a small country and with a small and relatively young infrastructure cannot afford the luxury to develop everything at home and as far as TOT is concerned, i remember ACM remarks that Pakistan does not have currently the technology to handle anything like the gripen. I think he was pointing towards the TOT.
I will again state that France has been a reliable supplier. I will back my statement by the mere fact that even in the 90s when we under strict US military embargo's we kept our mirages alive and that is because we never ever faced any restriction on spares from the French, French never oppose when we went for the libyan mirages. Also while US had posed embargo's on F-16 spare parts, we were getting it through a third party and i remember reading somewhere that it were the French. The example of Agosta-90b is right infront of us as well.

ICeCold my friend.
I agree with your post and mostly agree with your previous post as well. My point is the west is reliable to a certain extent only. The french Rose Mirages were also held back in 2002 when there were clouds of war over the sub Continent. the french do help us but charge us to the hilt for it. I remember a PAF friend telling me a simple part costing 20 Rs in Pakistan was being sold to us for Rs 4000.
So while I understand the limitations that pakistan has , we need to reduce our non developmental expenses and spend more on research. The rest I am in total agreement with you.
Araz

Rafales are very very expensive, though I have no doubt it is a very very solid plane.

Back
Top Bottom