What's new

Will Pakistan become US junkyard?

some folks are so anti US that all sane thinking is the first casualty when it comes to any news on US!! Our soldiers patrol in open topped veh. i.e. sitting ducks, in FATA!!! Those poor souls would be more than grateful to get their hands on this so called "Junk."

I say let them come!!!!

some folks are so anti US that all sane thinking is the first casualty when it comes to any news on US!! Our soldiers patrol in open topped veh. i.e. sitting ducks, in FATA!!! Those poor souls would be more than grateful to get their hands on this so called "Junk."

I say let them come!!!!

True they should not be transported in god forsaken open hooded Jeeps, if Pakistan can get APC it will help the army greatly.

@niaz,

Thank you for your comments---as the english saying goes---" never look a gift horse in the mouth "---which goes parallel to the desi saying you posted.

We need learn to appreciate the sacrifices of our soldiers by complimenting them with needed weapons and transportation systems---ground transportation in hazard area that can protect them----and when it comes at no cost---then where lay the problem.

Maybe that would take the future operation in Lyari to a diffferent---maybe it would take operation against the taliban to a different level.

Pakistan has never been U S's junkyard----it has always utilized the american equipment to the best of its abilities all the time.

Last edited:
Again these mumbo jumbo think tankers repeating same. Where the **** were u when our great unbreakable airforce had rejected Su27s in 94 in favor of used mirage 3/4? And these same mirages r today involved in plan crashes and killing even experienced pilots. There is the hard cash airforce had in that time? where was it utilized that in just upto 97 or kargil conflict we were grounding our majority fleet of F-16 crap? Who even didnt had a BVR.

Even the most insulting thing is this is same US who blocked their 14 F16s (same muftas) just after soviat war, and when they got a chance they again got f16s and that too just 18.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mean seriously for how long will this a/c which flown for the first time in 1979 will serve u? up till just 2030? Common. Even the manufacturer is replacing them and so r those tiny israelis. If u really had a brain u would have been saving funds for 5th gen fighter.

And now again Mufta of some old 40 ton mammoth MRAP(which im dead sure our road infrastructure and bridges in FATA wont be able to bear) and that too a few 100s and in just five years u will again cry abt spares, yes and im ready to bet on that!

U Armed Forces guys r making a fool out of yourself and u even dont realize this.

Izzat insan k apne haath main hoti ha but sometimes when it comes to US and its muft weapons u people even lose yr mind and past experience.

This shows to us that yr people r still mental slaves of Americans even their shit is seen as Gold in yr world. Typical Colonial Thinking.

This actually is called madness not the other way around.

Last edited:
Again these mumbo jumbo think tankers repeating same. Where the **** were u when our great unbreakable airforce had rejected Su27s in 94 in favor of used mirage 3/4? And these same mirages r today involved in plan crashes and killing even experienced pilots. There is the hard cash airforce had in that time? where was it utilized that in just upto 97 or kargil conflict we were grounding our majority fleet of F-16 crap? Who even didnt had a BVR.

Even the most insulting thing is this is same US who blocked their 14 F16s (same muftas) just after soviat war, and when they got a chance they again got f16s and that too just 18.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mean seriously for how long will this a/c which flown for the first time in 1979 will serve u? up till just 2030? Common. Even the manufacturer is replacing them and so r those tiny israelis. If u really had a brain u would have been saving funds for 5th gen fighter.

And now again Mufta of some old 40 ton mammoth MRAP(which im dead sure our road infrastructure and bridges in FATA wont be able to bear) and that too a few 100s and in just five years u will again cry abt spares, yes and im ready to bet on that!

U Armed Forces guys r making a fool out of yourself and u even dont realize this.

Izzat insan k apne haath main hoti ha but sometimes when it comes to US and its muft weapons u people even lose yr mind and past experience.

This shows to us that yr people r still mental slaves of Americans even their shit is seen as Gold in yr world. Typical Colonial Thinking.

v Ship them out then, genius. Ride your Toyota P-cups to battle.

well atleast whose r sanction free and we make them in home. We dont need to worry abt spares and ''Do More or no AIDE'' rhetoric on them.:pop:

That doesn't sound right, quite funny. :lol: :sarcastic:

Perhaps you are not aware of the Classic Car business or the countless TV programs on ‘Barn find’ cars which are later sold at hundreds of thousands of dollars after an engine overhaul and a new coat of paint.

When large mansion and houses are sold, most people leave behind unwanted ‘Odds & ends’ such as old furniture, statues, fire place facia etc. New owners have their own ideas and want everything out. One of my neighbours has a thriving junk business. His company picks up all this junk for a fee. Items that can be salvaged are cleaned, restored and sold some times at astronomical prices.

A brand new ‘Aga cooker ‘ costs around £5,000/- in the UK. I personally purchases a refurbished one from my neighbour at a fraction of the price and have been using it for the last 3 years without a hitch; it is good for another ten years at least.

Therefore what I said is based on personal experience. However it pleases me that I made you laugh.

IEDs are the biggest threat to our soldiers.

IEDs are the biggest threat to our soldiers.
even with these MRAPs the thread will remain so........And im 100% sure that in just one year or so we will be forced to ground the ''few 100s'' we can get as lack of spares and high maintenance costs.

All that Glitters is not Gold.

This post is typical example of accepting rumours as ‘facts’ without any fact finding effort. Firstly it is only a rumour that Russia offered ‘Su-27’ to Pakistan in the 1994 after our F-16's were blocked.

USSR had not forgotten Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan. Hon Fatman 17 posted in a thread this forum that there was no truth it. Another rumour was that Poland has offered Su27 & Mig29 to Pakistan. Polish Air force never operated Su-27’s only Mig -29s. Also since Poland does not manufacture Russian planes, any aircraft offered were only second hand and thus ‘Junk’ as some members call second hand US equipment. Besides Polish Airforce currently operates F-16 block 52. Of course Poles are also stupid.

PAF is a professional organization. Presumption by a nonprofessional that PAF High Command were stupid to buy second Mirages from Australia, Libya & Lebanon is indicative of an extremely myopic outlook and self-delusion.

Most important constraint; availability of “MONEY” to buy new Su-27’s has also been completely ignored.

I have nothing more to say, if some Pakistanis prefer ‘Hara Kiri’ just to spite the US, they are welcome.

Last edited:
Ironically.. all of this is ignored on the account that the whiff in the air is the Government of Pakistan is counting on these being given free to us.
so even if there are some 500 MRAPs that come in. and 300 work.. the other 200 can provide the spares for a while.. and the rest through FMF financing that will help US industry for years.

Shipping them out will be a horrendous expenditure for the US. Its better off blowing them up like the predator support equipment at Shamsi base rather than let them sit around for the Talibunnies to drive around in .

I say let them come!!!!

those toyota hilux trucks are tin cans these MRAPs will not only reduce the casualty rates to almost zero but will enhance our operational capability in mounting more ambitious operations just like our airpower nullifies their sneak attacks , ambushes and suicide tactics, these vehicles will further blunt their weapon of choices like suicide ramming and road side IED.

it is true that American hatred is blinding our fellow countrymen wonder if the same thing came from KSA then it would have become Halal immediately.

@niaz,

Thank you for your comments---as the english saying goes---" never look a gift horse in the mouth "---which goes parallel to the desi saying you posted.

We need learn to appreciate the sacrifices of our soldiers by complimenting them with needed weapons and transportation systems---ground transportation in hazard area that can protect them----and when it comes at no cost---then where lay the problem.

Maybe that would take the future operation in Lyari to a diffferent---maybe it would take operation against the taliban to a different level.

Pakistan has never been U S's junkyard----it has always utilized the american equipment to the best of its abilities all the time.

Sir

a retired army officer who was a friend of mine and is currently living up north of you in Canada told me something about the American "junk" during his service. he was in EME and during his posting in POF and heavy industrial complex he said that there was a marked difference and quality& sleekness of design while comparing our iconic American M113 APC's he has nothing but praise for that vs our T series factoring that rebuild and manufacture the Chinese and Eastern European tanks. he said that American factory its equipment and the finished product although dated outclassed the tanks in every sense.

if we are lucky to get even 4 or 5 of these vehicles we can enhance the capability, reach, survival and mission success of our COIN operations by many fold. these vehicles can wipe the smug off the taliban faces only issue will be that our logistics and supply corpses will have to work their backs off to keep the roads and bridges worthy for these vehicles but then again we have even deployed our tanks there already.

I can understand the butt hurt people like Najam Shethi, Hamid Mir, Kamran Shafi and other taliban spokesmen having a chocking fit over the possible delivery of these vehicles

so correct you are, in Karachi they can spell the end of terror gangs as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom