What's new

Will minorities(Sikh) ever get justice in India?? Your views

Nav84

Reaction score
Country
India
1) Indian government is not recognising sikhs as a different religious and still registering Sikhs marriage under Hindu acts.
2) No justice for Blue star operation.
3) No justice for 1984 Anti Sikh riots.
4) Not releasing Sikhs from jails who have already served the terms of imprisonment.Recently kidnapping of Bhai Gurbaksh singh who was on hunger strike for seeking release of sikh prisoners.

Please Note: It is not Anti India thread. So stay away for trolling!! I would like to request to everyone watch this video!!

1984:unforgettable! Even if i am not a sikh, it make me cry when i watch film about this event!
BTW love this song:

1) Indian government is not recognising sikhs as a different religious and still registering Sikhs marriage under Hindu acts.
Yeah thats not a big issue. The reason is that Sikhs dont have separate marriage and succession laws from Hindus. Only the Muslims have. Its the same for the rest of Indians. The Hindu Marriage Act can be called Indian Marriage Act for all the difference it makes.
Lastly if you are one of those to whom form matters over substance - anyone who wants can get his marriage registered in the Special Marriage Act instead of the Hindu Marriage Act.

What justice needs to be done?

That is a case under trial. Literally everyone wants those bastards caught and hanged. Sadly since the matter is old, witnesses have revoked their statements. Supreme Court is still trying its best to nab them. The Congress still tries to protect them. And everyone still hates them - the tytler and his types.

4) Not releasing Sikhs from jails who have already served the terms of imprisonment.Recently kidnapping of Bhai Gurbaksh singh who was on hunger strike for seeking release of sikh prisoners.
There are a lot of undertrials in India who have served their sentences but still awaiting release. Dont give it a religious flavour as though its only Sikhs who are suffering this. Its a violation of human rights for everyone around. Sadly the justice system is understaffed and overworked so this tragedy occurs more frequently than anyone likes it to.

Hopefully though, with judicial reforms and increasing judicial strength, this would cease to be an issue in the decades to come.

1984:unforgettable! Even if i am not a sikh, it make me cry when i watch film about this event!
BTW love this song:

and I cry for minorities of Pakistan if their Pakistani brethren belonging to majority community had cared even 1% about them instead of thinking so much minorities of other countries they wouldn't had face so much atrocities and left on the verge of extinction

Please Note: It is not Anti India thread. So stay away for trolling!! I would like to request to everyone watch this video!!
apart from anti sikh riots which needs closure, I dont see other issues. Sikhs have their own state which they rule as they wish. May be center should give more autonomy to states.

and I cry for minorities of Pakistan if their Pakistani brethren belonging to majority community had cared even 1% about them instead of thinking so much minorities of other countries they wouldn't had face so much atrocities and left on the verge of extinction
Seriously their is something wrong with you guys! Who told you i don't care about pakistani minorities? i am not like you a hind---and as a punjabi it make me cry whenever something wrong happen to sikh, in pakistan or india, i have a lot of respect for them!

Seriously their is something wrong with you guys! Who told you i don't care about pakistani minorities? i am not like you a hind---and as a punjabi it make me cry whenever something wrong happen to sikh, in pakistan or india, i have a lot of respect for them!
If that is so, did it pain you when ISI fueled the insurgency in Indian Punjab?? or bombing of Air India flight in Canada??

justice for operation bluestar? I thouht all the khalistani terrorists died in the operation, thus justice was dutifully served...
Justice for the sikhs who were killed in the riots who had nothing to do with terrorism but were butchered by congress thugs.

Justice for the sikhs who were killed in the riots who had nothing to do with terrorism but were butchered by congress thugs.
I think everybody agrees with that, anti sikh riot needs closure by punishing the culprits.
marriage is a non issue, akalis were power in center before they could have forced bjp govt to get a bill.
I have never seen a popular demand among sikh for that.

Operation bluestar was the golden temple operation, op asked about justice for operation bluestar, which seems like justifying acts of terror and implicating Indian army, thus I stated specifically for the OP Bluestar that the justice was dutifully served to to terrorists holed up in a shrine with pakistani sourced weaponry.

Riots and the delivery of justice for the accused is failure of the justice system, and is known to everyone. The accused are backed by influential politicians thus social justice has to bite the bullet....

punjabis in india ryt now are one of the most prosperous communities in the nation......ryt now they have no problem with anybody....yeah but the culprits of 1984 shld be punished

You're basically a Pak troll aren't you?

Back
Top Bottom