What's new

Why Pakistani think Indians as Baniya people ?

lolz and Pakistanies call them by this name intentionally to tease them...

like we have Sheikhs in Pakistan heyna? jokes are made on them....

Yes but not all Sheikhs were from "baniya" caste only the khatri who converted to Islam were traders. They call themselves khoja sheikh.

Yes but not all Sheikhs were from "baniya" caste only the khatri who converted to Islam were traders. They call themselves khoja sheikh.
how do you know alot about them?:undecided: even living in the US:what: even i dont know such details!

all or not....Sheiks are kunjoos thats it..no ifs and buts....everyone says that hence jokes on them!:happy:

how do you know alot about them?:undecided: even living in the US:what: even i dont know such details!

all or not....Sheiks are kunjoos thats it..no ifs and buts....everyone says that hence jokes on them!:happy:

Lol all Punjabis ask each other about biraderii thats why. Even over here I get asked every so often by Punjabis I meet.

There has a stereotype in Pakistan about India . That Indian people are mere Baniya people and so not so with fighting attitude.

But there are lots of 'martial races ' in India like Rajput,Jaat, Sikh, Ahir/Yadav , Gurjar, Maratha , Bhumihar etc. . I also find Brahmans doing all martial job equally good ,if not better, with all so called 'martial races'.

But I don't find mention of these castes in Pakistan's view of India. Why ?

I think this stereotype of 'Hindu/Indian Baniya' is used mostly by the less educated, immature, less successful in life, frustrated types - usually when you have nothing meaningful to say, you start criticizing a person's religion, heritage, nationality, colour, race etc. Like any other large group of people, Pakistan has its own share of life's losers. We see them resort to the 'baniya' argument at the drop of a hat.

In a way, this argument (slur in their eyes) is something that helps them keep a bit of sanity - "We may be suffering from polio, terrorism, military coups and what not, but we are still better than these hindu baniyas" goes the line of thought of this group. As far as I am concerned, this kind of a thing doesn't harm India, and if it helps an otherwise hopeless person cling to some shreds of self-esteem, I am happy for him.

Thank you for the definition and answer. Is it considered bad to occupy these positions in life in India?
Negative connotation like Stingy / Miser, remember the Character of Shylock of Shakespear Novel "Merchent of Venice"
If someone dont give Money then we usually used that word for saying him Indirectly Stingy & miser (money lover) :enjoy:
By profession (now a days) they are Elite, bcoz they are doing Business as compared to other So called Elite like us ..who prefer jobs:D

Back
Top Bottom