What's new

Why India started to build Blue Water Navy

Sorry I meant LunoKhod unmanned rover sent by USSR to the moon like modern day spirit and opportunity on Mars.

Unmanned submersibles are regularly used by oil industry like in the Gulf of Mexico spill.

6 Gen fighter aircraft will rely on stealthy connections; I think. However, that connection intensity may be the biggest problem because I have heard subs always have connectivity issues to the outside world.

I just thought that would be much cheaper to build and in large numbers.

yeah i've always thought that ppl here have lost their sesnse of rational thinking:hitwall:

As economy is growing so the threats.. 1.5 trillion dollar should cross 2.5 tril at the end of this decade.. So it is quite justified to hv 4 cbgs to secure our shores and waters from any kind of threat.. So Chill..

Why India needs to venture in to a Blue water Navy?
The answer is simple, 1000 years ago, we were a economic hub of the time, we florished in art, culture and metalargy but we did not concentrate much on military power hence were inavaded by the Mugals, later by the British. So now we evolve from that learning and we need super strong military might that is that need that we are transforming from BROWN WATER NAVY TO BLUE WATER NAVY.

we dont need 3 aircraft carriers. two are enough. but they should be lethal. IC 1 weighs 36,500 tons according to vijendar kaul.

i think IC 2 will weigh 50,000 tons at least. but she wont be in water for at least a decade. so for foreseeable future we will have IC 1 and ADMIRAL GORSHKOV.

we must have at least 20 modern subs and 3 nuclear subs. some people will say this number is not enough but we cant spend too much on navy. lets think about our economy also.

so total strength of navy in 2020 according to me>

IC 1

ADMIRAL GORSHKOV

20 diesel subs

2 SSN and 1 SSBN

10 destroyers

25 frigates

12 ASW aircrafts

In addition to these there will be 24 ASW Corvettes (p-28 and P-28a) along with the follow-on class of Arihant SSBNs,a few LPDs etc.

The answer is simple, 1000 years ago, we were a economic hub of the time, we florished in art, culture and metalargy but we did not concentrate much on military power hence were inavaded by the Mugals, later by the British. So now we evolve from that learning and we need super strong military might that is that need that we are transforming from BROWN WATER NAVY TO BLUE WATER NAVY.

Well the objective of the blue water navy would not be just to gain military might but ability to operate well beyond country borders. As per international maritime laws, Aircraft carriers are sovereign territory even when operating in International territories. This gives them the flexibility to allow for overhead flights or prevent them. Also they serve as the sovereign territory during evacuation as well as military operation.
Technically a destroyer/frigate off the Coast of Somalia would be nomore than an asset of India placed there, an Aircraft carrier would be a piece of India being placed there.

Absolutely!

Every nation strong enough to make an impact on the global markets and make sizable contributions to the world economy should have a blue navy. Reason is simple, India, like China, is one of the world's fastest growing economies and they would have to anticipate and look into securing its future energy needs to fuel its expansion. One way to secure its energy need is to ensure that the sea lanes are secured. The last thing we want is to gamble on the chances that our cargo ships and oil tankers may not make it back to the home ports.

Another interesting reports on what happend back then and the following part is quiet interesting as well:

The Admiral congratulated me and asked, "Were you worried about a battle against the American carrier?" He answered himself: "Well, you had no reason to be worried, as I had a Soviet nuclear submarine trailing the American task force all the way into the Indian Ocean."

http://www./NAVY/History/1971War/9-Cold-War.html

P.S. Add http://www./NAVY

Best of the best.. cant have anything better from Russia..

Back
Top Bottom