Why British Left India

GURU DUTT

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
1907556_10152080923243071_1259811902_n.jpg

1. Growing anger against British

2.British had lost too many "younger british" In WW2 so they needed all able men back in Britain

3. INAs mutiny by "netaji subhash chandra bose"

4. USA was the now new power and had promised all the "races"who faught against "evil Axis Forces @ Japan & Germany "there Freedom from there easterwhile "colonial powers"

5. Deu to valiant heroics of indian Sikhs , gurkhas , Mahars , jats & some other regiments both british and Americans knew its better to "befriend" such people than to keep them "enslaved" as this time they were in no postion to fight back a 1857 kindda revolt

6. Ghandies quitt india movement had "united" all india against the common enemy "The british" and unlike 1857 indians were more learned(about the world owtside india) and most have now started asking for "equal rights" & deu to growing demand of UNO it was becoming immpossible fr british to afford keep " the Jewel in the crown" enslaved longer

7. indian growing "kranti karies" forces like those of "chandra shekar azad" had made british more vaunrable than ever before

8. USSR had gone to become a great power and it was at gates i.e just beyond the afghanistan and after seeing stalin's ruthless & unstoppable force against the germans british wanted to get owt before its realli late

Now my fellow friends and members of PDF kindli give your esteemed opinion on this subject

Thanks In advance

India's independence from the British empire cannot be seen in isolation. Devastated by the WW2, all colonial powers vacated their colonies.

I have said it before I will say it again: Only reason India gained independence was because Britishers ran out of bullets and there was not much left in India to loot. The theory of Marginal Utility was at play.

You need money to maintain a large colony like India and Great Britain was run out of all its resources, it's economy became weak and it had signed Lend lease agreement with Roosevelt who despised Churchill's wish to keep British colonies intact after the war.

Not having Bose to run India...and seeing how Congress continues to hide information.....I would have preferred the British ruling us like Hong Kong and then gaining Independence after India was transformed. Our politicans are our worst enemies. I pray and hope these continous incidents involving the Navy force our defence personnel to realize that our govt does not care about their lives.....India needs a coup to correct the wrongs that have been ingrained in our system. Otherwise we all just fighting a loosing battle. Following the British model of democracy was our first mistake....when we should have been following the Americans. Why the fuk would we follow a system that is not meant for us?

The Uk could have kept India as a colony.....but the resistance form ppl was to overwhelming.....at the end of the day...after exploiting us for 200 hunded yrs.....it wasn;t worth the trouble....so they pushed off....

Netaji was the true hero behind independence.....Indians never supported true leaders but they always crave for one....funny.

Last edited:
Netaji was the true hero behind independence.....Indians never supported true leaders but they always crave for one....funny.

Actually Congress did everything it could to erase his image and his efforts. Cant blame Indians when so few knew how to read and write...our govt should have been educating them....and after all these yrs....it has done SHIT. Just look at Amethi ....home of the Gandhis? Look at the literacy rate?

Actually Congress did everything it could to erase his image and his efforts. Cant blame Indians when so few knew how to read and write...our govt should have been educating them....and after all these yrs....it has done SHIT. Just look at Amethi ....home of the Gandhis? Look at the literacy rate?
Congress's strategy is to rule the people by keeping them poor, uneducated and hence ignorant......
keep a beggar the way he is and give a penny to him everyday....he'll remain 'happy' and will be grateful to you since his expectations would remain low....

EXACTLY!!! To be honest BJP is not better......Congress and BJP are just two sides of the same coin BUT I have hope in MODI...

Here are the prime two reasons why British left.

1. After WW2 it was difficult to run colony like India when profits it offered did not over weigh the problems Brits would have faced continuing the rule.

2. British depended upon loyalty of British Indian Armed Forces for ruling India, which was no longer guarnteed after 1945.

Uprising of Naval soldiers i 1946 is such an example.

In this situation, it was not possible for them to continue rule.

1907556_10152080923243071_1259811902_n.jpg

1. Growing anger against British

2.British had lost too many "younger british" In WW2 so they needed all able men back in Britain

3. INAs mutiny by "netaji subhash chandra bose"

4. USA was the now new power and had promised all the "races"who faught against "evil Axis Forces @ Japan & Germany "there Freedom from there easterwhile "colonial powers"

5. Deu to valiant heroics of indian Sikhs , gurkhas , Mahars , jats & some other regiments both british and Americans knew its better to "befriend" such people than to keep them "enslaved" as this time they were in no postion to fight back a 1857 kindda revolt

6. Ghandies quitt india movement had "united" all india against the common enemy "The british" and unlike 1857 indians were more learned(about the world owtside india) and most have now started asking for "equal rights" & deu to growing demand of UNO it was becoming immpossible fr british to afford keep " the Jewel in the crown" enslaved longer

7. indian growing "kranti karies" forces like those of "chandra shekar azad" had made british more vaunrable than ever before

8. USSR had gone to become a great power and it was at gates i.e just beyond the afghanistan and after seeing stalin's ruthless & unstoppable force against the germans british wanted to get owt before its realli late

Now my fellow friends and members of PDF kindli give your esteemed opinion on this subject

Thanks In advance

Please take a look at this thread.

This article suggest Brits knew in 1930s that their raj was coming to end.

Indian Railways

After the boycott of the Simon Commission, from 1927, and the death of Lala Lajpat Rai, it was clear (especially to the British) that their days were numbered. Facing problems at home and abroad, the significant British interest in India was extraction of remaining wealth in Indian hands.

A prime example of that was the railways.

indian%20railway.jpg

During WW2, nearly 40% rolling stock from India was diverted to the Middle East.More than 50% of the track systemwas the outdated metre gauge and narrow gauge. Track systems were nearly a century old. 40% of the railway system went to Pakistan. 32 of the forty-two separate railway systems operating in India, were owned by the former Indian princely states. So much for the British gift of railways to India. More than 8000 outdated steam engines were used as motive power– and less than 20 diesel locomotives were in use.

Busting the myth of "British Railway Gift" and other gifts to India

Last edited:
Here are the prime two reasons why British left.

1. After WW2 it was difficult to run colony like India when profits it offered did not over weigh the problems Brits would have faced continuing the rule.

2. British depended upon loyalty of British Indian Armed Forces for ruling India, which was no longer guarnteed after 1945.

Uprising of Naval soldiers i 1946 is such an example.

In this situation, it was not possible for them to continue rule.

Please take a look at this thread.

This article suggest Brits knew in 1930s that their raj was coming to end.

Busting the myth of "British Railway Gift" and other gifts to India

I have always heard the British looted us...but do you or others have specific examples of where the British looted us? I heard the Taj usd to covered in gems and jewels, but the British soldies and mercs, picked it apart? I think a list of such incidents should be catalogued for history. We should never forget.

That's always why I depise our current politicans....they were too cozy to the British elite to care about the common man in India. You dont have to create a coup and install a puppet to control a nation, just be extremely close with the elite of that nation will suffice

Kuch zyada hi jaldi sawal jaga hai :pop:
so thats you could come up with and you are a so called "senior member"o_O

well bhai at least we indians ask questions and try to find answers from them but as for land of the pure ... khair jane do aap ko bura lag jayega ;)

so thats you could come up with and you are a so called "senior member"o_O

well bhai at least we indians ask questions and try to find answers from them but as for land of the pure ... khair jane do aap ko bura lag jayega ;)
bhai nahi behen hai :pissed::pissed:

Back
Top Bottom