What's new

Who is your favorite Superhero?

4126867_640px.jpg

tumblr_n2n4vce6Mc1ryvq99o1_400.gif

Yep, courtesy of the Dharmic transfer from across the Himalayas.

In fact, the entire story of the "Journey to the West" is a re-imagining of Xuanzang's famous 17-year journey across the Himalayas.

Then the Japanese took the story and made Dragonball out of it. :D
ive read the basic book classic of the monkey king as well as the pictorial one which showed him more of a jester than a fierce warrior

@Cherokee :enjoy:Awesome bleach characters though sasuke's kinda a bitch :partay:

Too many to name for me
images
images

1527256.jpg

Pain and Itachi :D Among many others

Do you know that he himself is inspired from Hanuman - the Monkey King in Indian historical texts.

Indians love to take credit for everything that is remotely related, just because both are monkey. The Chinese novel has a pig character who is second to the Monkey King, do you have Pig deity in Ramayana? There're more a dozen different animals in the Chinese novel.

Indians love to take credit for everything that is remotely related, just because both are monkey. The Chinese novel has a pig too, do you have Pig deity in Ramayana? There're more a dozen different animals in the novel.
Dont really care what you think.
Tomorrow you might also claim that Budhism also did not originate from India.

Fact is there was a lot of Dharmic transfer. Just like ancient Iran and India have a lot of similarities. Its a simple matter of happiness. Doesnt really become a 'mine is bigger than yours' contest unless people like you make it.

Dont really care what you think.
Tomorrow you might also claim that Budhism also did not originate from India.

Fact is there was a lot of Dharmic transfer. Just like ancient Iran and India have a lot of similarities. Its a simple matter of happiness. Doesnt really become a 'mine is bigger than yours' contest unless people like you make it.

Until I actually said it, don't assume, don't make yourself look stupid.

Refuting a dodgy claim doesn't equate to mine-is-bigger-than-yours contest.
Read the chinese novel and compare with your Ramayana, find me any similarity between the two characters. Monkey is not exclusive to Indian subcontinent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom