What's new

What will the new PM of India do to improve relations with Italy?

We don't give a damn to a third rate country like Italy.

Maybe some Peon in MEA will be incharge & take care of relations with Italy, Modi is too busy a man for Italy.
Come on now, that's unfair. Italy has a pretty large economy and as very good defence industry that was selling to India (well until recently, the less said about that the better).

It would be FOOLISH to just overlook any nation as well off as Italy where India can potentially make billions in trade. India/Modi needs to bolster ties with every single nation on earth that is not an immediate threat to India's national security.

The recent rift in Indo-Italian diplomatic relations were unfortunate and I sincerely hope that the both of the governments will do the needful to solve that Marines case at the earliest. As far as our Prime Minister is concerned - he is very favorable towards European Union countries including Italy in terms of expansion of economic ties - he even met a delegation led by the Italian Ambassador to India back in November 2013 for the same purpose!

1469838_10153542101705165_1219422719_n.jpg

Met a delegation from Italy led by the Italian Ambassador to India…

Recent developments in the Marines case:- Italian minister calls up Sushma Swaraj, discusses marines case | Business Standard
the solution is actually quite simple, serve the term and go back to Italy. If anything reduced sentence based on good behavior...

Come on now, that's unfair. Italy has a pretty large economy and as very good defence industry that was selling to India (well until recently, the less said about that the better).

It would be FOOLISH to just overlook any nation as well off as Italy where India can potentially make billions in trade. India/Modi needs to bolster ties with every single nation on earth that is not an immediate threat to India's national security.

Some of the garbage being spouted against Italy is real crazy. Like some people can't think beyond Sonia Gandhi.

the solution is actually quite simple, serve the term and go back to Italy. If anything reduced sentence based on good behavior...

They will get tried for 'Manslaughter' or 'culpable homicide' to use the Indian Legal Jargon. That is not a capital offense.

Some of the garbage being spouted against Italy is real crazy. Like some people can't think beyond Sonia Gandhi.
Indeed, I knew it would go like this. To too many Indians whenever they think of Italy all they can think of is Sonia Gandhi and vice versa.

Literally every topic I've seen on PDF about Italy has at some point been degraded to an anti-Sonia Gandhi thread. No matter how far removed from Sonia Gandhi the story is.

They will get tried for 'Manslaughter' or 'culpable homicide' to use the Indian Legal Jargon. That is not a capital offense.
let the legal process continue, the notion of India being ruled by their "girl" did not fly... whatever the verdict is, let the legal recourse take place, let them serve the term and then let them go home.

let the legal process continue, the notion of India being ruled by their "girl" did not fly... whatever the verdict is, let the legal recourse take place, let them serve the term and then let them go home.

Absolutely. Let there be a fair and speedy trial. It is simply a case of poor judgement on the part of the Marines, reflects very poorly on whatever training and SOPs had been set up for them as ship's sentries.

Italy is a joke - other than for our Maino @MarkusS

Sure it is. A better economy than you have, they produce goods and services that the world wants, which you don't and have a rich cultural heritage they still keep up with i.e. arts, classical music and so forth.

The only joke here, a bad one a that, is your post. :-)

I remember two years ago when you switched on our educational TV channel you saw documentations about nature of India, history, improvments in social projects and so on. This has changed completly. All you see in TV now is rape cases, barbaric practices and poverty.
Quite interesting, as any positive or negative news on italy doesn't even feature as a footnote on an indian newspaper. No one really cares.

So India got a new PM and media here wonder what he will do to better the relations between Italy and India.

It is a well known fact that india and italy shared friendly relations for more than 100 years. Italy was the nation that opened the EU for india and which allowed india acess to the market here.

Italy was the first western nation that did chose india to send a commercial satellite (AGILE) into space which opened the indian spaceprogram into commercial service.

The general view about india was quite positive in italy. This has dramatical changed in the last months. The bitter case about our two marines poisoned the relationship. The indian embassy is bombarded with thousands of hate mail each day and even a bullet was put in their post box recently. India is portrayed as an evil 3rd world banana republic in our media and mentioned in one sentence with regimes like Iran and North Korea.

I remember two years ago when you switched on our educational TV channel you saw documentations about nature of India, history, improvments in social projects and so on. This has changed completly. All you see in TV now is rape cases, barbaric practices and poverty.

I see this as unfortunate and i hope that indians also see this curent status as unnatural and bad. Both our nations made mistakes in this diplomatic train wreck and i would like to know what steps should be done that this can be solved so both nations can be happy and go back to normal behavior.

We also like Italy till that Sonia lady badly intereferd in our systems.
But that was remained in political circle only..But when your politicians unwantedly pass comments about India in your country and their action also makes bitterness in India.Well we dont care more about that.
Damage is done.You had an golden opportunity to settle whole this issue with much less noise.But you cheated our SC and runaway shamelessly with the culripts.We Indians dont target that marines .Because they did their jobs.But your politicians cause whole this mess for scoring politicial points domestically.

This was a mistake to have let it drag on this far. This should have been resolved very early by the government.

What could the governments (Union or State) could have done about it?

It is not up to the PM or CM of any state to rule whether they are guilty or not!

Only a judge can do so!

Sure it is. A better economy than you have, they produce goods and services that the world wants, which you don't and have a rich cultural heritage they still keep up with i.e. arts, classical music and so forth.

The only joke here, a bad one a that, is your post. :-)

Sorry,both of your points are wrong-There are products which India can produce & Italy can't and India too has a rich cultural heritage.

Back
Top Bottom