What's new

What Russia’s Stealth Fighter Developments Mean for America

Russia is so not ready to make a stealth fighter. Just look at that pair of humongous airintake. If that's stealth then so is a flying elephant.

The PAK-FA is nothing more than a little scam that keeps Putin happy. The Russian aviation industry has declined to the point that it can no longer compete with the best of the world.

The report might have a few inaccuracies, but the existence of the T50 is not something that can "make your day" if you are an american analyst.
if it does, then you are not doing your job properly.

2000+ F35s for the USAF and friends is I believe unrealistic. The plane is just to damn expensive.
The F22 does not cost 140m if you average out all the production costs, for 187 planes it must have come around 250 or so per plane. And I very much doubt if anyone knows exactly how much the damn thing actually costs.

One way to estimate this is to see all the budget allocations over the years and make some calcs.

The final price of the T50 is not the issue here.
the issue is that -and I have said that before but some americans simply refuse to listen- the biggest change the americans have to make is to start thinking about strategies to engage stealthy targets.

The F22 has an X active detection range, and almost 3X passive detection range. The T50 is designed to have a Y active and a Z passive range..

Who will emerge on top is very much dependent on the equations made up by those factors in the end.

it is easy to say "america rules" or "we have the better tech", but quite clearly .. you don't always.

pride is a deadly sin... don't be sinners

With having a 763 billion dollar defense budget, which is just paper defense analysis have clearly stated the our defense budget goes into the trillion dollar mark. We have the best Scientists in the world working out our defense firms, LockHeed, Boeing, etc..US and Friends?? clearly you didn't read my segment, the U.S by itself is procuring over 2000 F-35 Variants for its 3 Armed forces, Army, Navy and AirForce. We will be phasing out our F-16s and F-18s by the year 2020-2025, so the clear substitute in replacing those Fighter Jets, is the F-35 II. When you're the U.S nothing is unrealistic.. 7 Deadly Sins huh? Lust, Greed, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, Pride, and Gluttony. I think I've done all of that, guess what I'm still here..

:cheers:

With having a 763 billion dollar defense budget, which is just paper defense analysis have clearly stated the our defense budget goes into the trillion dollar mark. We have the best Scientists in the world working out our defense firms, LockHeed, Boeing, etc..US and Friends?? clearly you didn't read my segment, the U.S by itself is procuring over 2000 F-35 Variants for its 3 Armed forces, Army, Navy and AirForce. We will be phasing out our F-16s and F-18s by the year 2020-2025, so the clear substitute in replacing those Fighter Jets, is the F-35 II. When you're the U.S nothing is unrealistic.. 7 Deadly Sins huh? Lust, Greed, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, Pride, and Gluttony. I think I've done all of that, guess what I'm still here..

And that confident arrogance is ,my friend, the stuff winners are made of.:cheers:

Russia is so not ready to make a stealth fighter. Just look at that pair of humongous airintake. If that's stealth then so is a flying elephant.

The PAK-FA is nothing more than a little scam that keeps Putin happy. The Russian aviation industry has declined to the point that it can no longer compete with the best of the world.

Have you seen F-22's (Raptor) air intake?

f22_1.jpg

the problem i dont think is russia and india getting the planes the problem for the US is who the russian decide to sell those planes to

LOL, lets see what the final production PAK-FA looks like compared to this prototype. There going to be a lot of changes. (Engines, cockpit, radar blocker, intakes (to an extent) are all going to be different )The air intakes are massive for a good reason.

7 Deadly Sins huh? Lust, Greed, Wrath, Sloth, Envy, Pride, and Gluttony. I think I've done all of that, guess what I'm still here..

wow, well that put me back in my place, and elevated all your arguments to being true. well done!!!

the problem i dont think is russia and india getting the planes the problem for the US is who the russian decide to sell those planes to

Even conspiracy theorists can put like this "USA funded India to partner PAK FA programme in order to contain its sales to rouge states"

Hows it?

Are you blind? The F-22 intakes are sooo much smaller, and shaped in the way you can't see through straight to the back. This is crucial in the stealth concept The PAKFA is basically a rectangular see through. A world war 2 radar will be able to detect that hundreds of miles away.

Sorry to break it to you but the PAK-FA is nothing more than a wider body Su-27

Have you seen F-22's (Raptor) air intake?

f22_1.jpg

Are you blind? The F-22 intakes are sooo much smaller, and shaped in the way you can't see through straight to the back. This is crucial in the stealth concept The PAKFA is basically a rectangular see through. A world war 2 radar will be able to detect that hundreds of miles away.

Sorry to break it to you but the PAK-FA is nothing more than a wider body Su-27

4672063e7977.jpg

The PAK FA intakes are smaller than the F22s.

Ooofff...And if I can eyeball those engines blades, so can a radar. Verdict = Fail.
That is a photoshopped photo, it was debunked on MP.net and key pubs a while ago. The engine blades are probably exposed but no where near what's shown in the picture.

Ooofff...And if I can eyeball those engines blades, so can a radar. Verdict = Fail.

Isn't it too kiddish to think that engineers working at Sukhoi are idiots who don't know how to create a serpentine air intake?

There are a few possibilities:
- the engines on prototype weren't the final engines, so the new engines could have a different shape altogether, to accomodate a serpentine tunnel between the intake and the enigne

- Sukhoi might have found a completely different approach to stealth. Rather than using shapes to deflect radar waves, they might have found a way to warp them around the aircraft.

It could be anything. The only sensible thing would be to wait and let the aircraft reach its final config.

Isn't it too kiddish to think that engineers working at Sukhoi are idiots who don't know how to create a serpentine air intake?

There are a few possibilities:
- the engines on prototype weren't the final engines, so the new engines could have a different shape altogether, to accomodate a serpentine tunnel between the intake and the enigne
No...I do not think that they are idiots. But we do know that they are constrained by the overall design for the placements of inlet ducts.

- Sukhoi might have found a completely different approach to stealth. Rather than using shapes to deflect radar waves, they might have found a way to warp them around the aircraft.

It could be anything. The only sensible thing would be to wait and let the aircraft reach its final config.
You should know by now my opinions about that...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom