What's new

What if candidate wins multiple National Assembly seats?

arsipk

New Recruit

Reaction score
Salam everyone,
I just saw news on dawn that Imran khan will be contesting election from four national assembly seats. NA-1 (Peshawar – II), NA- 56 (Rawalpindi – VII), NA-71 (Mianwali – I), NA-126 (Lahore – IX). My question is if Imran Khan wins on all four seats what happens then. Will there be re-election on the three seats as he can only hold 1 as per my knowledge.

Imran to contest from four NA seats | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

you are absolutely right, he has to give up 3 seats in that case and then their will be re-polls.

you are absolutely right, he has to give up 3 seats in that case and then their will be re-polls.

Umm no actually its a little different... you see the seats stay in the party. he will put soemone else from hsi party on them . for example If Imran wins from 3 areas then he will take one area and then give the other two area to someone from his party.

Thats how Raja basharat became a member. He lost from his are but since Elahi had one from more then one he gave him one seat.

Umm no actually its a little different... you see the seats stay in the party. he will put soemone else from hsi party on them . for example If Imran wins from 3 areas then he will take one area and then give the other two area to someone from his party.

Thats how Raja basharat became a member. He lost from his are but since Elahi had one from more then one he gave him one seat.

Yah if this is the case it looks pretty nice. cuz there are lots of candidates contesting multiple seats and i dont see re-election on seats where one candiate has to give up his seat

Same was the case with Molan Fazlu Rehman (JUIF Chief) who lost in his constituencies but Akram Durrani won more than two seats so he gave one to Fazlu Rehman... and he's chief of the party.

I think four is the maximum limit one can contest elections from?

you have to contest on the seat again. its not that you just give it to other party member.

You have to contest again...

But yes, since you have won it once, you can endorse someone else and they will win it again.

I think this is the most stupid thing in Pakistani politics. Everyone should be allowed to run from just ONE seat. You win, you lose. You're wasting national resources by contesting from multiple seats and then forcing the ECP to conduct a revote and make your voters come out to vote for you again.

I hope Imran Khan passes some legislation to end this in the next elections.

I was having this same question! IK will win all four for suree!

If in NA-1, Sherpao backs off, and supports Imran then it should be an easy win for Imran in Peshawar.

Bilours se zyada kaun ganda hua hai?

Mianwali, done deal.

I'm looking forward to a Lahore win the most.

You have to contest again...

But yes, since you have won it once, you can endorse someone else and they will win it again.

I think this is the most stupid thing in Pakistani politics. Everyone should be allowed to run from just ONE seat. You win, you lose. You're wasting national resources by contesting from multiple seats and then forcing the ECP to conduct a revote and make your voters come out to vote for you again.

I hope Imran Khan passes some legislation to end this in the next elections.

:lol: Man, your love for this chap is making you blind. The guy is contesting from four constituencies. What legs will he have to preach on the subject?

Same was the case with Molan Fazlu Rehman (JUIF Chief) who lost in his constituencies but Akram Durrani won more than two seats so he gave one to Fazlu Rehman... and he's chief of the party.

I think four is the maximum limit one can contest elections from?
No Bhutto contested from 5 won 4 lost one to Mufti Mehmood

:lol: Man, your love for this chap is making you blind. The guy is contesting from four constituencies. What legs will he have to preach on the subject?

Don't be silly, he's doing it because if he doesn't then he will lose and never make the change required... Everyone's doing it, so he has to do it too. That doesn't mean hes supportive of this provision.

The way legislations work is that you have to be in a position to legislate. You can do squat sitting on the outside.

Don't be silly, he's doing it because if he doesn't then he will lose and never make the change required... Everyone's doing it, so he has to do it too. That doesn't mean hes supportive of this provision.

The way legislations work is that you have to be in a position to legislate. You can do squat sitting on the outside.

I'm not the one being silly. You are. He is afraid he would lose? Is this the sign of a man who is going to change things? It is a bit like saying that one will only indulge in corruption in order to get to office whereupon one will immediately put a stop to it. :) Real life doesn't work like that. Whatever his reasons for contesting in 4 seats are now (fear of loss etc) won't go away. It can happen again & again. He will also be in the unfortunate predicament of preaching what he certainly didn't practice.

I'm not the one being silly. You are. He is afraid he would lose? Is this the sign of a man who is going to change things? It is a bit like saying that one will only indulge in corruption in order to get to office whereupon one will immediately put a stop to it. :) Real life doesn't work like that. Whatever his reasons for contesting in 4 seats are now (fear of loss etc) won't go away. It can happen again & again. He will also be in the unfortunate predicament of preaching what he certainly didn't practice.

Oh c'mon, anyone can lose. Be realistic, this is not Hindi movie heroic time. You have to ENSURE victory. If he fights on those 4 seats, PTI will probably win.

He can keep one seat leave the rest to an endorsed candidate.

EVERYONE is contesting from multiple seats, and they are all fielding heavy weights at first. In the second round they'll bring in the others.

For example to fight with Nawaz Sharif he himself must stand against him.

Back
Top Bottom