What's new

What do you know about these indian special agencies??

relativiti

Reaction score
We are very familiar especially the pakistanis are with the indian agencies like Research and Analysis Wing(RAW), Intelligence Bureau(IB), Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI), National Investigative Agency(NIA) but how many of you guys have known of the following mentioned ones??

National Technical Reconnaissance Organization(NTRO)

The country's prime civilian technology intelligence agency. Modeled on the American NSA. Works in very close coordination with the Aviation Research Centre.

Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA)

This agency was established on 5 March, 2002 with the appointment of Lt. General Kamal Davar as the first Director General (DG). The DG reports to the Chief Of Defence Staffs (CDS). It is supposed to be the nodal agency for all defence related intelligence, thus distinguishing it from the R&AW. Much of the agency's budget and operations are classified.

The DIA has control over some of the Army's prized technical intelligence assets – the Directorate of Signals Intelligence and the Defence Image Processing and Analysis Centre (DIPAC). While the Signals Directorate is responsible for acquiring and decrypting enemy communications, the DIPAC controls India's satellite-based image acquisition capabilities. The DIA also controls the Defence Information Warfare Agency (DIWA). DIWA handles all elements of the information warfare repertoire, including psychological operations, cyber-war, electronic intercepts and the monitoring of sound waves.

Joint Cipher Bureau(JCB)

The Joint Cipher Bureau works closely with the IB and R&AW. It is responsible for cryptanalysis and encryption of sensitive data.[citation needed] The inter-services Joint Cipher Bureau has primary responsibility for cryptology and SIGINT, providing coordination and direction to the other military service organizations with similar mission. Most current equipment providing tactical intelligence is of Russian origin, including specialized direction finding and monitoring equipment.

The Joint Cipher Bureau is also responsible for issues relating to public and private key management. Cryptographic products are export-controlled licensed items, and licenses to India are not generally available for products of key length of more than 56 bits.[citation needed] The domestic Indian computer industry primarily produces PCs, and PC-compatible cryptographic products have been developed and are being used commercially. More robust cryptologic systems are not commercially produced in India, and progress in this field has been slow due to the general unavailability of technology and know-how. Customised cryptographic products have been designed and produced by organizations in the defense sector are engaged in the implementation of cryptographic techniques, protocols and the products.

All India Radio Monitoring Service(AIRMS)

The Central Monitoring Service of All India Radio monitors all radio broadcasts in India as well as all foreign radio broadcasts which can be received in India.

Central Monitoring Services based in New Delhi, Jammu and Kolkata is taken over by NTRO, National Technical Reserach Orgnisation in 2005 and now working as open source intelligence unit.

Signals Intelligence Directorate(SID)

The Signals Intelligence Directorate is a joint service organisation, manned by personnel from the Army, Navy and Air Force. It has a large number of WEUs (Wireless Experimental Units) that carry out the task of monitoring military links of other countries.

The Central Monitoring Organisation (CMO) is directly under the Ministry of Defence. It has several monitoring companies, located at different locations around the country. Task is to monitor use of radio spectrum by all users, such as Defence, Police, AIR, Railways, PSUs etc.

Aviation Research Centre(ARC)

Aerial surveillance, SIGINT operations, photo reconnaissance flights (PHOTINT)[3], monitoring of borders, imagery intelligence (IMINT) are the main functions of the Aviation Research Centre (ARC). The aircraft are fitted with state-of-the-art electronic surveillance equipment and long range cameras capable of taking pictures of targets from very high altitudes. ARC also takes the responsibility along with the IAF to transport Special Frontier Force (SFF) commandos from their trans-location at Sarsawa, 250 km north of New Delhi, though the SFF's own base is in Chakrata in Uttarakhand (UK) state.

Directorate of Air Intelligence(DAI)

The DAI is responsible for air and satellite reconnaissance missions.

Directorate of Navy Intelligence(DNI)

This is the Indian Navy’s intelligence arm.

GUYS CARE TO SHED SOME LIGHT IN THIS MATTER??
especially JCB, ARC, NTRO, DIA could not find much on the net

SOURCE: WIKI - list of indian intelligence agency

Thank god im happy to see such a big list. Atleast i hope they will be working efficiently not under politicians control.

I know.

They are the unorganized special agencies of our country. Hence not effective as we can say for sure terror would not have touched us if they are organized. Directorate of Navy Intelligence where they created after 26/11 ?? :undecided:

I know.

They are the unorganized special agencies of our country. Hence not effective as we can say for sure terror would not have touched us if they are organized. Directorate of Navy Intelligence where they created after 26/11 ?? :undecided:

every intelligence agency is not directed at combating terrorism, some are defence specific

I know.

- USA had better agencies than India.
- USA doesn't have Pakistan on its border.
- USA doesn't have a state with constant cross-border infiltration.
- USA doesn't have 18% muslim population.
- US agencies(FBI, DIA, CIA) are far better equipped and funded.
- USA doesn't have a ally who is protects and shields terrorists from its investigators(David Headley) and destroy evidences(Mumbai blasts evidence destroyed by FBI) against its enemies.
- USA has a leadership who doesn't give a sh*t to secularism and goto any level(anti-minority Patriot law, racial profiling) for security of its Christian population.
- Still 9/11 took place(done by same Jehadis which USA created, funded and used against Soviets & destroyed life of millions of Afghans).
- Indian scenario is far more complex and challenging than white USA. Americans can't even respect or handle their small minority of Muslims or win their trust. Forget about the black population oppressed since centuries.

Indian agencies are doing far better job compared to USA. I am proud of them. :tup:

Thank God, my country is not like United States. A total racial mess, full of hatred towards non-Christian cultures, specially muslims. Most ignorant americans don't even know difference between an average Malaysian and Afghani or in which continent Iraq is, on world map. May god help muslims of USA.

- USA doesn't have a ally who is protects and shields terrorists from its investigators(David Headley) and destroy evidences(Mumbai blasts evidence destroyed by FBI) against its enemies.
- USA has a leadership who doesn't give a sh*t to secularism and goto any level(anti-minority Patriot law, racial profiling) for security of its Christian population.
- Still 9/11 took place(done by same Jehadis which USA created, funded and used against Soviets & destroyed life of millions of Afghans).
- Indian scenario is far more complex and challenging than white USA. Americans can't even respect or handle their small minority of Muslims or win their trust. Forget about the black population oppressed since centuries.

Indian agencies are doing far better job compared to USA. I am proud of them. :tup:

Thank God, my country is not like United States. A total racial mess, full of hatred towards non-Christian cultures, specially muslims. Most ignorant americans don't even know difference between an average Malaysian and Afghani or in which continent Iraq is, on world map. May god help muslims of USA.

i think you are a bit mis informed about US intel agencies,
just for comparison, among the many interesting fact about US intel agencies is that they have a community!!! a community of 16 intelligence agencies working round the clock to protect their nation....

Members
The official seals of the 16 U.S. Intelligence Community members.

The IC consists of 16 members (also called elements). The Central Intelligence Agency is an independent agency of the United States government. The other 15 elements are offices or bureaus within federal executive departments. The IC is led by the Director of National Intelligence, whose office, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), is not listed as a member of the IC.

Independent agencies
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
United States Department of Defense
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency (AFISRA)
Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM)
Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Marine Corps Intelligence
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
National Security Agency (NSA)
Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI)
United States Department of Energy
Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence (OICI)
United States Department of Homeland Security
Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A)
Coast Guard Intelligence (CGI)
United States Department of Justice
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
United States Department of State
Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR)
United States Department of the Treasury
Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence (TFI)

try the wiki!!
United States Intelligence Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India having 18% Muslim population is a bad thing or not?

India having 18% Muslim population is a bad thing or not?

That 18% Muslim population is equal to your country's population, if not greater.

GoI cannot do an all out operation against Islamic militancy without stepping on some minority feet. Indian political leadership and its security/intelligence agencies will have to think twice if not more before authorizing action against anything with a Muslim/ Minority name. If you like it or not we do care about the sentiments of our minorities. On the other hand US does not have a considerable Muslim population to make an impact on its terrorism related policies.

every intelligence agency is not directed at combating terrorism, some are defence specific

Yes i agree but isint terrorism is also what we have to defend against ? as in this stage India is an country which every others like to have good relation at least in gesture including Pakistan or china they wont declare war just like that on us we know WAR is not at least 60% certain to occur but terrorism is sure to occur 100% if we don't take necessary steps. I hope you got what i intend to tell. Simply i can guarantee you there will be no war for next 3 months but cant guarantee that there will be no terrorist attack or booming in at least for next 1 months.

Comonnn ya i am proud of Indian agencies as proud as any Indian would be :victory: , But we need to improve a lot and definitely not as capable as USA but i am sure we will be there soon.

Back
Top Bottom