What's new

West sees China economy as threat to its failed economic system: Analyst

Hasbara Buster

Reaction score
West sees China economy as threat to its failed economic system: Analyst

Interview with Scott Rickard

Press TV has conducted an interview with Scott Rickard, former US intelligence linguist from Orlando, about the US pressure on China over the issue of disputed islands.

The following is an approximate transcript of the interview.

Press TV: Firstly the close encounter between Chinese and Japanese military jets in the disputed East China Sea. Beijing called it a Japanese intrusion into what they call ADIZ i.e. the Air Defense Identification Zone.

Do you think that this is an intrusion or is China within its rights in setting this identification zone?

Rickard: China is actually flexing muscles as well. They are basically putting together a very large organizational push into both the East China Sea as well as the South China Sea and they are trying to put themselves in a position to combat the West’s aggression not only in Japan, but also out of Vietnam and the Philippines.

It looks as though... Japan has actually gone after transport aircraft as early as November of last year. So they have got American F-15s. They have also got American backing across their entire military.

China is reacting in a very respectable manner. The Americans have been at their backdoor for some time and looking at the history as early as the Korean War and the encroachment that the Americans did there, I would not say the Chinese are being that aggressive. They are just basically flexing their muscles and rightfully so.

Press TV: Well, Japan is perhaps being aggressive based on the posturing that has taken place and I’m going to refer to this incident and dig deeper based on what China has said – it kind of raises the eyebrow because they have said that these two Japanese airplanes that entered the East China Sea, they were there to scout and interfere with Sino-Russian naval drills.

First of all, do you think that that is true – do you think that China is coming out saying the truth? And if so obviously then there is a motive, an ulterior motive to come into that area?

Rickard: No doubt. That is absolutely true.

For many years in the Sea of Japan, that is, the incident where the Russians shot down Korean airliner 007 in the 1980s and that has been a common place whereby they are going towards the Russian activities and the Chinese activities in that area and they have constantly tried to do surveillance methods with both military and commercial aircraft.

So there is no doubt that those exercises and those aircraft were equipped with reconnaissance capabilities and that they are working hand in hand with the Americans to do that.

Once again I’d say China is definitely within their legal and international law boundaries to try to keep the Japanese from encroaching upon these islands, which have been under dispute for many years.

Press TV: You talk about reconnaissance enhancing its activities based on a report we had about two surveillance drones that are now stationed in Japan and are going to be moved to a base in Guam.

And it is said that this is to monitor the Chinese naval maneuvers including activities that are taking place in North Korea. Of course China does not like this in the least. The US is becoming more and more obvious – in this case based on this report – of how it wants to monitor China in particular, is what I’m referring to.

Why is the US playing this game in the backyard of China? What motives do they have in your assessment in terms of how they’re posturing themselves in the East China Sea?

Rickard: No doubt. The reason that the Americans are doing that is basically they have been put into a position to position themselves against the alliance with the Russians and the Chinese and they are aggressively pushing into the East China Sea as well as these northern areas and are using their allies unfortunately in a very aggressive manner.

Now... the Chinese and Japanese have been enemies for centuries so it is not a hard sell for the Americans to involve them in this. And the surveillance technology – as everybody is very much aware of today – has been on a much more aggressive push as well especially given the fact that you can use unmanned aircraft to do that with drones and technologies like that.

And a lot of these things are launched from anything from aircraft carriers as well as several bases within Japan and also within South Korea.

So to give the fact of what is the reasoning behind this, well, obviously one of the big reasons is that you have the US military and what I’d say imperialistic nation that has continued really since the USS Maine, right following the USS Maine false flag when the US basically took over Cuba; they took over the Philippines.

They took over nations basically and got onto the activity or picked up the activity that imperialist United Kingdom that the British were doing prior to that. We picked up the ball for the British in the 19th century and the 20th century I should say.

And here we are in the 21st century with the biggest military in the world working for the same financiers who realize that China is defeating the West in an economic war. So I really think it has more to do with economics and we also have a standing history of war against China when it comes to the British empire and the Japanese empire.

Press TV: What is so interesting is the fact that the US says there is a perceived threat that comes from both China and North Korea though perhaps North Korea has been more flagrant and obvious in terms of the threats that it announces, but when it comes to China is there really a perceived threat? I ask that question because I know that China does a lot of trade with these countries, we could talk about Vietnam, even Japan.

And at the same time you have this anti-China rhetoric displayed from Vietnam recently – we know that a lot of Chinese there actually had to leave Vietnam and come back to the mainland.

Is this perceived threat really true, I mean, would China ever do anything military when it comes to these countries there?

Rickard: Absolutely not. It’s very similar to the relationship that the world has with Iran.

If you have a look… the indoctrination that the Americans have gone through with the Chinese, the Soviets, the Iranians this is more or less a false representation of those nations and those nations are forced into what I’d say is global servitude to the World Bank, IMF, Paris Club - the individuals who are running the financial institutions. And they are also forced into the global GDP race into a secondary place economically.

So when these countries are prospering beyond what the West has allowed them to do because they are controlling the international finance for the last 200–250 years they find them to be a threat economically.

So typically what you see is when these countries are properly using their resources and building their economic rebounds from the – really - insurrections for the West, instigated on Libya, instigated on Syria, and now being instigated on Ukraine. These types of activities are commonplace for empires that are basically fighting the economic imperialism around the planet.

So really I think it has more to do with the fact that the Chinese empire is doing fantastically economically and the West sees that as a threat to their failed global economic system.

PressTV - West sees China economy as threat to its failed economic system: Analyst

Back
Top Bottom