What's new

Weaponised Dhruv test firing

Simply awesome dude cant imagine the havoc this baby will do ... :P

1842.jpg

Thanks but actual credit goes to Shiv Aroor who managed to get it.

Eagerly waiting for LCH firing videos. :D

Can u please explain why was smoke present in the first video. Is it after gun fire if so i couldn't see anything.

Can u please explain why was smoke present in the first video. Is it after gun fire if so i couldn't see anything.

Its the smoke due to gun fire. You can compare the sound of the gun fire and relative smoke in second video and then compare it to first video.

The first one is the turret mounted Nexter 20mm gun firing. So you dont see the bullets as they are not tracer bullets.

In the second video it is the unguided rocket pods firing. Hence the visible flame of the rocket motor from rockets fired from the left and right pods.

The first one is the turret mounted Nexter 20mm gun firing. So you dont see the bullets as they are not tracer bullets.

In the second video it is the unguided rocket pods firing. Hence the visible flame of the rocket motor from rockets fired from the left and right pods.

Thanks for clearing.

Weaponised version of ALH Dhruv firing trials at Nashik....

YouTube - ALH Dhruv Weaponised Firing Trials 2

In the second video, we can see the rockets fired in a line, the trajectory gradually moving to the right (wrt pilot). Is it the helmet mounted sight at work for the rocket pods too? :) Or did the heli itself move to the right? or was there some problem with the test? I thought it (HMS) worked only for the turret mounted gun(?)

Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) - Army Technology

Last edited:
Can anyone clarify the second video- the rockets seems to change direction not in a straight line... these are unguided rockets right?
Or is it just due to the turbulence of the Chopper?

I think you already got the answer from southpaw ans sivadreams. yeah its because of gun fire.

Can anyone clarify the second video- the rockets seems to change direction not in a straight line... these are unguided rockets right?
Or is it just due to the turbulence of the Chopper?

In the second video, we can see the rockets fired in a line, the trajectory gradually moving to the right (wrt pilot). Is it the helmet mounted sight at work for the rocket pods too? :) Or did the heli itself move to the right? or was there some problem with the test? I thought it (HMS) worked only for the turret mounted gun(?)

Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) - Army Technology

Yes the HMS works only for the turret mounted gun. When the HMS moves so as the gun in the same direction. The rockets are not following the same flight path because of movement of the chopper. It doesn't has any problem but the targets were at different positions.

Back
Top Bottom