What's new

We want to solve all disputes with Pakistan: General V K Singh

Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
We want to solve all disputes with Pakistan: General V K Singh - World News, 147942

We want to solve all disputes with Pakistan: General V K Singh

New Delhi, Feb 15 : Army Chief General V K Singh has said India wants to solve all its disputes with Pakistan.

''We have always said that all our issues with Pakistan, should be resolved. Pakistan should not think we want any part of their country or that we want to impose anything on them. We just want them to live and let us also live happily,'' General Singh said in an interview to a news channel, to be telecast tonight.

On whether India was concerned with the growing relations between Pakistan and China, he said, ''Well, every country has the right to develop close ties with other countries. However, we are keeping a close watch on the developments.'' He also refuted the view that India was afraid of China.

''Our Army is not weak. We are not living in the year 1972 but in 2011. I trust my Army.'' Expressing concern over continuing terrorism from across the border, the Army Chief said, ''Terrorism is a very big problem, especially for India. It is a universal problem. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has also expressed his concern over it.'' On the proposal to withdraw the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, Gen Singh, while stating that the matter was under Government consideration, however, asserted that the Army had not done anything wrong.

''There has been a lot of discussion on the issue. Right now, it is with the government and I would not like to say much on it except that it (AFSPA) was enforced with some objective. I would like to tell you that those people opposing it, do it for their personal interest.

''It is only 3.7 per cent things, which have been taken into consideration. And the whole investigation is done and many times it is done to give a bad name to the Army. And its the speciality of our Army that we don't do anything wrong,'' Gen Singh asserted.

On the corruption scandal plaguing the Army, he said, ''In every system, one faces problems. But I hate corruption and when things are wrong, I always make them happen in the right manner - the way it should be.'' He claimed the Indian Army was an idol for Armed forces of several countries in the world, which was why they wanted to come and study the working of the Armed forces.

''We have more of practical experience, plus we have fought four wars,'' he added.

--UNI

---------

900 chohay kha k billi Hajj ko chali..?

So when Army Chief General V K Singh is planning to pull out his men out of kashmir.....

I know this man personally and his cold blooded hatred for Pakistan and Bangladesh makes me wonder why they made him chief in the first place. IMO he is yearning to press that red button against Pakistan and this speech is just a disguise of his true feelings

So when Army Chief General V K Singh is planning to pull out his men out of kashmir.....

Soon. intelligence reports claims that the local cops in Kashmir can handle the problems there. Perhaps you would like to visit once the IA is out of Kashmir

I know this man personally and his cold blooded hatred for Pakistan and Bangladesh makes me wonder why they made him chief in the first place. IMO he is yearning to press that red button against Pakistan and this speech is just a disguise of his true feelings

explain bold part plz..
i think he is cool guy

Thank god red button is in PM hands.And if he wont listen to the PM he will be unceremoniously asked to retire.

Back
Top Bottom