What's new

Warning raised against China-made plastic toys

Lil Mathew

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
TACLOBAN CITY -- The Department of Health (DoH) warned anew against China-made plastic toys that might contain hazardous chemicals.
Agnette P. Peralta, director of the DoH Bureau of Health Device and Technology, said there may be illegal importations of counterfeit and dangerous toys in preparation for the Christmas season.

“We ask the public not to buy toys in sidewalks. It should be from a store with a permanent address,” Ms. Peralta told reporters.

Health Secretary Enrique T. Ona declared it unlawful in December 2011 to manufacture for sale, offer for sale, distribute in commerce, or import into the country any children’s toys that contain concentrations of more than 0.1% by weight of di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), or benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP).

“Enforcing the law is very difficult... The best thing that we can do is to make the public aware,” Ms. Peralta said. -- Sarwell Q. Meniano.

http://www.bworldonline.com/content...ised-against-China-made-plastic-toys&id=78858

Chinese toys , other than just being infamously of shabby quality, has always been known as dangerous for kids because of the chemicals they use or lead products.

Don't blame everything on China. What you pay is what you get. If they want better quality, then pay more or purchase elsewhere. Blame those greedy companies.

Yeah the latest iPhones are flying off the shelves in India. That is a case for concern, since it was all "made in China".
That's an American product bro. Just like Taj Mahal belongs to Shah Jahan and not 20000 labors who built it, similarly, the Iphone i am using is an American product and not Chinese and I trust American for their quality.

That's an American product bro. Just like Taj Mahal belongs to Shah Jahan and not 20000 labors who built it, similarly, the Iphone i am using is an American product and not Chinese and I trust American for their quality.

Iphones are made in China.

TACLOBAN CITY -- The Department of Health (DoH) warned anew against China-made plastic toys that might contain hazardous chemicals.
Agnette P. Peralta, director of the DoH Bureau of Health Device and Technology, said there may be illegal importations of counterfeit and dangerous toys in preparation for the Christmas season.

“We ask the public not to buy toys in sidewalks. It should be from a store with a permanent address,” Ms. Peralta told reporters.

Health Secretary Enrique T. Ona declared it unlawful in December 2011 to manufacture for sale, offer for sale, distribute in commerce, or import into the country any children’s toys that contain concentrations of more than 0.1% by weight of di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), or benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP).

“Enforcing the law is very difficult... The best thing that we can do is to make the public aware,” Ms. Peralta said. -- Sarwell Q. Meniano.

Warning raised against China-made plastic toys | BusinessWorld Online

What are his/her plans for increasing wages that would allow for the people to buy licensed made and quality toys from America?

@2600 per capita, one remote controlled car would set you back 300 bucks, so more than 10% of a years earning, so.....

I am sure those 20000 laborers were quite skilled for building Taj Mahal even thought the tomb belonged to the king. I am also sure you are too dumb to build that.

I am wondering why modern day Indians cannot even build iPhones if anybody can make it, or Indians prefer answering phones to making phones? Am I right?

I cannot stop laughing at some of the Indians talking about quality products when they don't even make anything, lol. A finished product needs both good design and skilled labor, neither of which India has.

Oh free advice to you, start making clothing for WalMart, then making toys, then making tools, and finally making phones that people would want to buy. It's an arduous process, but India will be a much better place. But don't get stuck in making clothing forever!

Same as those toys mentioned, they were all assembled in China. Shouldn't it be of concern? If companies aren't greedy, they can pay more for iPhone quality or they can "skimp" at the expense of the consumers. So blame it on the greedy companies or western media for selling sensationalism.

Last edited:
Chinese toys , other than just being infamously of shabby quality, has always been known as dangerous for kids because of the chemicals they use or lead products.

are da chemicals also da reason dat these toys have dat special irritatin smell?

Don't blame everything on China. What you pay is what you get. If they want better quality, then pay more or purchase elsewhere. Blame those greedy companies.

Here the concern is not about quality as everybody knows chinese quality is poor.. Because of the price poor and middle class buys chinese products although they know the cheap quality.. This is about hazardous chemicals in that toyz..

Here the concern is not about quality as everybody knows chinese quality is poor..

Is that why Apple select China as the place to assemble their iPhones and they sell well and is known for its built quality? Start pointing fingers when Indian can actually make something of that quality. We all know how bad India's manufacturing sector is.

Because of the price poor and middle class buys chinese products although they know the cheap quality.. This is about hazardous chemicals in that toyz..

Then blame the companies for not paying more for better quality products. They can go elsewhere, for example India, but why haven't they? :azn:

Here the concern is not about quality as everybody knows chinese quality is poor.. Because of the price poor and middle class buys chinese products although they know the cheap quality.. This is about hazardous chemicals in that toyz..
@Lil Mathew, you have a rather limited grey matter. You might want to change your ID to "Lil Grey Matter"

Back
Top Bottom