What's new

Vietnam requests Indian Navy to train personnel

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
In what will strengthen defense ties, Vietnam has requested the Indian Navy to help train Vietnamese naval personnel on Russian-built kilo-class submarines. Vietnam has already been extending special privileges to Indian naval warships to berth at their ports. The two countries have shared close ties for decades and both have been the victims of Chinese aggression in the past.

India recently held defense secretary-level talks with Vietnam. India is also keen to sell the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile, jointly developed with Russia, to Vietnam. India could also offer its experience in ship-building to Vietnam, which currently has a small Navy.
China, meanwhile, has been increasingly nervous about growing Indo-Vietnamese defense ties since it is anxious about the presence of the Indian Navy in the South China Sea which China considers its own backyard.

China and Vietnam also have maritime disputes over the oil-rich Spratly and Paracel islands in the South China Sea. The northern part of Vietnam is also not far from the Chinese island of Hainan where China is reportedly stationing some of its submarines.
India had earlier taken the first tentative steps towards establishing a “sustainable maritime presence” in the South China Sea, not far from the Chinese mainland. Vietnam had allowed Indian naval warships to drop anchor at its Nha Trang port during naval goodwill visits.
At the time, the Indian Navy was perhaps the only foreign Navy to have been given this privilege.

Vietnam requests Indian Navy to train personnel | idrw.org

Strange move by Vietnam. Vietnam, one of the toughest countries in Asia, has fought against America, China and France with no losing record. What are they going to learn from the Indians? How to flee or surrender? ;)

Strange move by Vietnam. Vietnam, one of the toughest countries in Asia, has fought against America, China and France with no losing record. What are they going to learn from the Indians? How to flee or surrender? ;)
you are hilarious. We are new in underwater warfare, while India has operated the Kilos since ages. There are valueable experiences India Navy can share with us.

For example, in future Vietnamese Kilos can operate in the Indian Ocean, while Indian subs can play some hunting games in the SC Sea. :pleasantry:

To sink their own submarines in their own ports.

you are hilarious. We are new in underwater warfare, while India has operated the Kilos since ages. There are valueable experiences India Navy can share with us.

For example, in future Vietnamese Kilos can operate in the Indian Ocean, while Indian subs can play some hunting games in the SC Sea. :pleasantry:

We are also one of the oldest operators of ACs in ASIA

Not only does India have, the Largest Navy in South Asia. It is the second largest Navy(after USN) in the entire Indian Ocean.

Indian Navy is far more trained and Ocean going than the PLAN, and has participated in War successfully. It has blockaded Pakistan or parts of Pakistan twice and bombarded land territory far too many times to count.

Indian Navy is also the only Navy in Asia with an operational Aircraft Carrier with decades of Carrier experience. With another Carrier due to join the Navy early next year and another one in construction.

I was just messing around. But I truely don't believe the Indians can teach you anything that you don't already know. They may have operated Kilos but they never used them in real combat situations. You'll learn far more from the Russians. Don't tell me about aircraft carriers. Unless Vietnam is aquiring AC of its own.

So this is just a political smoke screen to show China that Vietnam and India are ganging up. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was just messing around. But I truely don't believe the Indians can teach you anything that you don't already know. They may have operated Kilos but they never used them in real combat situations. You'll learn far more from the Russians. Don't tell me about aircraft carriers. Unless Vietnam is aquiring AC of its own.

So this is just a political smoke screen to show China that Vietnam and India are ganging up. Nothing more, nothing less.
are you sure? I guess not. More likely is our navy wants to expand operation radius.

Not only does India have, the Largest Navy in South Asia. It is the second largest Navy(after USN) in the entire Indian Ocean.

Indian Navy is far more trained and Ocean going than the PLAN, and has participated in War successfully. It has blockaded Pakistan or parts of Pakistan twice and bombarded land territory far too many times to count.

Indian Navy is also the only Navy in Asia with an operational Aircraft Carrier with decades of Carrier experience. With another Carrier due to join the Navy early next year and another one in construction.
you are right. These hard facts speak for India navy. I am sure VN army can learn from more cooperations with your navy, especially it comes to operate a large naval fleet in a big theater.

Indian Navy to hold rescue drill in Da Nang - News VietNamNet
20130605130616-1.jpg

20130605130616-2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom