What's new

V K Singh joins BJP, will he be Next Defence Minister of Country?

Not at all.. GoI must inquire if need be. But the inquiry itself does not make a General bad now, does it..?

Of course not. There exists tons of paperwork to prove that!!!! :enjoy:

Am I lying, now? How about going by the opinion provided by the Indian Army?

He may not be the leader of Sikh community but Army personals are regarded highly by Sikhs. One of the important grouse of khalistanis was that a Sikh has never became Army chief.

My point was that, given the shitstrom that has occurred over this issue, it would be wise to let him complete his term peacefully. Army chief is not a lifetime appointment and even if there were some irregularities, he would retire in a year.

And frankly, the DoB controversy was due to mishandling at level of ministry rather than Army.
gen singh points accusative fingers at his former top brass not on def min. Army was on same page with def min till gen Singh became chief.
He might as well be genuinely victim of a conspiracy of his seniors, but the way he went public showed him in poor light, made the chief look undignified.
He should have let it go.

We need a professional managing our defense.

Enough of these sarkari babus and useless, incompetent, lazy netas that have made a hash of things.

He may not be the leader of Sikh community but Army personals are regarded highly by Sikhs. One of the important grouse of khalistanis was that a Sikh has never became Army chief.

My point was that, given the shitstrom that has occurred over this issue, it would be wise to let him complete his term peacefully. Army chief is not a lifetime appointment and even if there were some irregularities, he would retire in a year.

And frankly, the DoB controversy was due to mishandling at level of ministry rather than Army.

Well a sikh has been a PM now AND a army chief so that grouse can be placated.

I believe the current army chief line of succession can only be cleansed by some blood letting. How to do is will be best know by an ex-Army chief.

Not many people know this but Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and General Bikram Singh are close relatives. Gursharan kaur (wife of Manmohan Singh) and Bikram Singh`s wife Surjeet kaur are cousin sisters and childhood friends. So in this context Surjeet kaur is the sister in law of Manmohan Singh.

Worse Gursharan Kaur and wife of JJ Singh, Anupama Singh are very good friends and come from the same place in Patiala. (maybe even distant relatives)

Honest Manmohan Singh have much to answer for :angel: ........ah the perks of being PM.

Poor V K Singh was the fly in the ointment, one that was cheaply thrown out. Be very suspicious of convenient "Mishandling" by the ministry. :coffee:

Last edited:
We need a professional managing our defense.

Enough of these sarkari babus and useless, incompetent, lazy netas that have made a hash of things.
professionals will make situation worse, you need certain degree of incompetence in that post. :p:
sarkari babu and lazy netas are cliches, in reality any of 3 service chief (including IA chief) will much rather prefer an outsider in def min than one of their own. I would leave it to your imagination as to why.

I watched an NDTV debate once where some army generals bitching about babus, the only babu there (a lady) made more sense to me than all those unnecessarily senti generals.
People of coursed clapped when generals speak and made a villian out of the babu.

gen singh points accusative fingers at his former top brass not on def min. Army was on same page with def min till gen Singh became chief.
He might as well be genuinely victim of a conspiracy of his seniors, but the way he went public showed him in poor light, made the chief look undignified.
He should have let it go.

Total nonsense. Gen. V K Singh showed admirable character by standing up for the truth and fighting for what was right.

He did not start a coup but fought it out in the SC like a loyal citizen of India. Kudos for him and his ilk.

Total nonsense. Gen. V K Singh showed admirable character by standing up for the truth and fighting for what was right.

He did not start a coup but fought it out in the SC like a loyal citizen of India. Kudos for him and his ilk.
are you giving credit to him for just being normal? I expect better from an army chief. He could have stopped there when govt decided against him.
I dont know who was his legal counceller but that guy was as incometent. Was SC ever going to entertain it and precipitate a constitutional shitstorm?

professionals will make situation worse, you need certain degree of incompetence in that post. :p:
sarkari babu and lazy netas are cliches, in reality any of 3 service chief (including IA chief) will much rather prefer an outsider in def min than one of their own. I would leave it to your imagination as to why.

I watched an NDTV debate once where some army generals bitching about babus, the only babu there (a lady) made more sense to me than all those unnecessarily senti generals.
People of coursed clapped when generals speak and made a villian out of the babu.

Just watch how the navy submarine situation has been allowed to deteriorate by these incompetent neta/babu nexus. Same goes for any acquisitions and making our own armaments.

The neta/babu nexus has been a failure on all fronts.

are you giving credit to him for just being normal? I expect better from an army chief.

He is the FIRST army chief to drag the govt. to court. There is nothing 'normal' about it or him. What he did was extraordinary and took tremendous courage backed by strong conviction.

He is a true leader of men. One who lives and dies by honor. He is just what I would expect from an Army chief or even a Defence Minister.

I dont know who was his legal counceller but that guy was as incometent. Was SC ever going to entertain it and precipitate a constitutional shitstorm?

LOL. There was NO victory possible in Gen. V K Singh's fight. Even if he had won the case in the SC he could and would have been dismissed by the govt. Even he knew that.

He fought for a Moral Victory and to expose the corruption in the govt. That is true grit and true courage. One that makes me admire him even more.

Last edited:
Just watch how the navy submarine situation has been allowed to deteriorate by these incompetent neta/babu nexus. Same goes for any acquisitions and making our own armaments.

The neta/babu nexus has been a failure on all fronts.
do you realize armed forces (of all countries) would rather bitch about politicians/babus and lack of essential hardware, than agree to their own incompetence.
Do you want to deny them that right?

It hurts that the smart members are disagreeing with me...:cry:

Hehehe...

I am not disagreeing with your POV. I support it completely. But the last 10 years of this govt. has made me a bit cynical. Lets see what future has to offer to us.

He is the FIRST army chief to drag the govt. to court. There is nothing 'normal' about it or him. What he did was extraordinary and took tremendous courage backed by strong conviction.

He is a true leader of men. One who lives and dies by honor. He is just what I would expect from an Army chief or even a Defence Minister.

LOL. There was NO victory possible in Gen. V K Singh's fight. Even if he had won the case in the SC he could and would have been dismissed by the govt. Even he knew that.

He fought for a Moral Victory and to expose the corruption in the govt. That is true grit and true courage. One that makes me admire him even more.
I would be very careful in making heroes out of such people. We should be really afraid of such self righteous , well meaning, 'good' people for they can do more real damage than the corrupt and incometent.
But thats me, may be Indians deserve some more kejriwals. :cheers:

I would be very careful in making heroes out of such people. We should be really afraid of such self righteous , well meaning, 'good' people for they can do more real damage than the corrupt and incometent.
But thats me, may be Indians deserve some more kejriwals. :cheers:

Gen. VK Sing is a Hero by his actions and deeds. Who am I to designate heroes ?

Kejriwal is not corrupt and more importantly he is NOT COMPETENT.

Comparing that clown to much admired and accomplished Indian Army General who commanded more than a Million men is just plain stupid.

Gen. VK Singh is a COMPETENT and righteous (not self righteous) man.

However if you are able to substantiate your attempt at character assassination by proof or any past incidence I will be happy to concede my position.

Back
Top Bottom