What's new

Used and Discarded By RAW

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Daniel hails from Gurdaspur district's Dadwain village and was apprehended by Pakistani rangers in 1993. He was jailed for over four years. He now pulls a rickshaw. He alleges that the Indian authorities who sent him across the border refused to recognise him and help him out once he was caught. According to him, he met many other Indians incarcerated in jail in Pakistan on espionage charges. Daniel, Indian who served jail term in Pakistan, joined IBNLive readers for an interaction on the life of an Indian in a Pakistani jail.

Read the full interview

I was sent by RAW but no one recognised me when I was in jail: Daniel

Q. Would you do it again? For the country? After all that's happened. Asked by: Shabbir

A. Never, never again. All that talk about country is very rosy from the outside. Once you face the music, you will know. It's very murky.

@Windjammer
This article has raised a lot of questions in my mind,especially treatment of government and intelligence sector with respect to their agency workers and about their secure future.

Both countries should focus on providing their agents a secure future...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Q. Would you do it again? For the country? After all that's happened. Asked by: Shabbir

A. Never, never again. All that talk about country is very rosy from the outside. Once you face the music, you will know. It's very murky.

@Windjammer
This article has raised a lot of questions in my mind,especially treatment of government and intelligence sector with respect to their agency workers and about their secure future.
!

Then u fail to understand the trade.Its was never rosy to begin with.

Both countries should focus on providing their agents a secure future

A feel good thought but can only happen if no secrets were compromised ,or have been rendered irrelevant.,sadly.

Then u fail to understand the trade.Its was never rosy to begin with.

i understand the trade very well and know that this is so not rosy,but what i meant to say that at least government should take responsibility in securing future of their families..like CIA

i understand the trade very well and know that this is so not rosy,but what i meant to say that at least government should take responsibility in securing the future of their families..like CIA

That's never a given, many thing raise complications
what about poor countries ? how many do u compensate? what if the family knew noting of there breadwinners trade? Level of secrecy.

Many other things can raise suspicion and are probably avoided.

@Windjammer

Both countries should focus on providing their agents a secure future...!

Indeed it's a far cry from the world of James Bond, however it exposes the fact that Indians don't exactly nurture Angels in their land. !! @Topic, it's pathetic attitude by any government or establishment if they turn their backs on the person who would risk everything for his mission. !!

Daniel hails from Gurdaspur district's Dadwain village and was apprehended by Pakistani rangers in 1993. He was jailed for over four years. He now pulls a rickshaw. He alleges that the Indian authorities who sent him across the border refused to recognise him and help him out once he was caught. According to him, he met many other Indians incarcerated in jail in Pakistan on espionage charges. Daniel, Indian who served jail term in Pakistan, joined IBNLive readers for an interaction on the life of an Indian in a Pakistani jail.

Read the full interview

Buddy i guess u know the rules of spying. If a spy is caught he is abandoned by his country every spy knows that and that is why the best of the best men are chosen for such missions.

Now if he really was a spy he would have held himself up like Sarbjit Singh not break down in front of the media. Or he was just a informer not a trained spy.

Read the full interview

You mean to say ISI does not do the same, this is how spy networks work buddy.

You mean to say ISI does not do the same, this is how spy networks work buddy.

I guess these guys havent watched the MI series movies.... even if they cant watch the entire movie watch the first 15 min....

epic facepalm...this is how it works..

Dude. You dont know the SOP of Intel Agencies do you?

Number 1 Rule: You get caught, we erase all recognition of you.

MI6 Left James Bond to rot in a North Korea Gulag.

Come on now.

What do you expect RAW to do?

Launch a Surgical attack to get 1 man out?

Thəorətic Muslim;4237233 said:
Dude. You dont know the SOP of Intel Agencies do you?

Number 1 Rule: You get caught, we erase all recognition of you.

MI6 Left James Bond to rot in a North Korea Gulag.

Come on now.

What do you expect RAW to do?

Launch a Surgical attack to get 1 man out?

why will we or for that matter any country launch any attack to get a single man out ? Thats senseless !

epic facepalm...this is how it works..

Here rub it on your face, he was talking about it after arriving back in India. :cheesy:
Q. Once you came back, Did our politicians ans authority help you? Asked by: Mahesh V

A. No they did not help me at all. Instead I was interrogated and tortured by policemen. They instead levied a case on me saying I willingly went to Pak.

Here rub it on your face, he was talking about it after arriving back in India. :cheesy:

LOL ! Don't get me started with the treatment of so called mohajirs in pakistan !

Thəorətic Muslim;4237359 said:
You probably missed my sarcasm. :wave:

my .02 ... sarcasm sucks on interwebz ! Nobody is hearing your 'tone' here !

Back
Top Bottom