What's new

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024

suryakiran

Reaction score
The agreement would allow not only military trainers to stay to build up the Afghan army and police, but also American special forces soldiers and air power to remain.

The prospect of such a deal has already been met with anger among Afghanistan’s neighbours including, publicly, Iran and, privately, Pakistan.

It also risks being rejected by the Taliban and derailing any attempt to coax them to the negotiating table, according to one senior member of Hamid Karzai’s peace council.

A withdrawal of American troops has already begun following an agreement to hand over security for the country to Kabul by the end of 2014.

But Afghans wary of being abandoned are keen to lock America into a longer partnership after the deadline. Many analysts also believe the American military would like to retain a presence close to Pakistan, Iran and China.

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024 - Telegraph

Deal to keep US forces in Kabul

This is getting more interesting now. Few of the points worth noting in these news articles are,

Afghan forces would still need support from US fighter aircraft and helicopters, he predicted. In the past, Washington officials have estimated a total of 25,000 troops may be needed.

But Afghans wary of being abandoned are keen to lock America into a longer partnership after the deadline. Many analysts also believe the US would like to retain a presence close to Pakistan, Iran and China.

The prospect of such a deal has already been met with anger among Afghanistan's neighbours including (publicly) Iran and (privately) Pakistan.

''If they train our police and soldiers, then those trainers will not be 10 or 20, they will be thousands.''

The US will never leave Afghanistan until the Greater Israel is created...

Muslims viewers should see the video below to know the Objectives Of US and Zionists Israeli terrorists. I would request the Muslim members to please see the whole lecture on youtube.com:-

9-The Last Crusade.mp4 By Dr Israr Ahmed - YouTube

Zionism is related to race hatred. They are liars and thieves. If Afghanistan thinks it will be left in peace they can think again.

The US will never leave Afghanistan until the Greater Israel is created...

Muslims viewers should see the video below to know the Objectives Of US and Zionists Israeli terrorists. I would request the Muslim members to please see the whole lecture on youtube.com:-

9-The Last Crusade.mp4 By Dr Israr Ahmed - YouTube

US is going to stay in Arghaniztan to keep an eye on the terrorists and also to have a presence in the key area which is very near to China, Pakistan and Iran.

How is this related to Israel? There are so many countries, that too geographically big countries including Saudhi Arabia, Iran and Iraq and other countries like Jordan and Syria inbetween Afghanistan and Israel. How come having a military base in Afghanistan help Israel?

US is going to stay in Arghaniztan to keep an eye on the terrorists and also to have a presence in the key area which is very near to China, Pakistan and Iran.

How is this related to Israel? There are so many countries, that too geographically big countries including Saudhi Arabia, Iran and Iraq and other countries like Jordan and Syria. How come having a military base in Afghanistan help Israel?

Good Question.

I would request you to kindly see the video full for the answer. If you are interested, you can see the whole lecture . .

But even then if you don't believe, then i will request you to just wait and see what happens. (its just a humble request. i don't want to offend you by saying this)

Motto of USA "Borrow from China, Dump it in Afghanistan"

It'll become bankrupt then, & could break up like the Soviet Union.

I do not think so mate. There are few other countries in this world which are keep on rumored to become bankrupt for so many years, but still they are surviving. How do you think that a country with largest economy in the world, which has very strong industrial base, technological base, one of the best R&D, so many MNC's, very good environment for doing business, strong military, strong allies around the world both economically and militarily, at most influence in this world than most other countries, and still has the huge potential to grow, and a super power for the past 6 decades will go bankrupt? I seriously do not think so...

Yes, they are in a huge trouble and they are the one created this mess which affects many other countries, But, I think they will come out of this mess slowly.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Not surprising.

True, this is expected. Even untill 2024 is also not true, they are going to stay there for very long time.

Again, not surprising. And do you know why?

Iran.

And also China? Looking at the present situation and Afghaniztan's geographical location, Pakistan and even China can also be closely monitored from Afghanistan.

Another Trillion Dollar Down the drain
How the hell does Obama plan to reduce US debt
by continueing overseas deployment in an unwinable war

It means northern alliance will rule Afghanistan for another 10years and indans will continue getting construction contracts of construction contracts worth billions but nothing on ground.

Most of above.. Pakistan will continue to face the menace of TTP for all those years.

Don't worry about US getting Bankrupt....They are not fools...There are billions worth of minerals in Afghanistan but the people there doesn't have the tech nor investment to dig it out.... US can import minerals from there or do wat they want...
So forget bankruptancy

Back
Top Bottom