US to prepare strategy with Pakistan’s help

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
US to prepare strategy with Pakistan’s help
The Newspaper's Correspondent
WASHINGTON: The United States wants Pakistan’s cooperation in formulating its future counter-terrorism strategy for Afghanistan and the rest of South Asia, the White House said on Sunday.

Briefing the media on President Barack Obama’s surprise visit to Kabul earlier in the day, his Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes said the US had not yet decided how many troops to keep in Afghanistan after 2014 but all US allies in the region would be consulted before making any major decision.

“We’ve been looking broadly at counter-terrorism and how do you have a counter-terrorism strategy in Afghanistan, in South Asia, in cooperation with Pakistan that keeps Al Qaeda core on its heels,” said Mr Rhodes.

A transcript released by the White House quoted Mr Rhodes as saying that while preparing a future counter-terrorism strategy, the United States would also see “how does it fit into the broader counter-terrorism challenge across the entire region all the way to North Africa.”

The president is expected to highlight some aspects of this strategy in a policy speech next month.

Published in Dawn, May 26th, 2014

and i suddenly wonder.ye sale eff sola kaise aa rahe hai itne aram sukoon se.:D

No the recent Jordanian F-16 sales is not related to any US bounties for cooperating, i can explain but that would be take time.

Any bounty that would come would be in hard cash and some has already arrived, I say good for Pakistan lets use it to cleanse terrorists..

No the recent Jordanian F-16 sales is not related to any US bounties for cooperating, i can explain but that would be take time.

Any bounty that would come would be in hard cash and some has already arrived, I say good for Pakistan lets use it to cleanse terrorists..
yea u r right.but we see that americans have been quite on this matter.its a silent help.

yea u r right.but we see that americans have been quite on this matter.its a silent help.
Pakistan should never repeat the mistake of selling cheap, like musharf did, whatever U S
is interested in.This fair weather friend has made us pay colossal amount in cash, kind , blood and lives to assist in her misadventures in the very near past.Future is bright if we keep over selves at a distance.

US to prepare strategy with Pakistan's help yet Obama stays in Afghanistan and not once have decided to come over to Pakistan and have a discussion or maybe at least show how important Pakistan is.

US only uses Pakistan to its advantage and unfortunately this time too history is going to repeat itself.

US to prepare strategy with Pakistan's help yet Obama stays in Afghanistan and not once have decided to come over to Pakistan and have a discussion or maybe at least show how important Pakistan is.

US only uses Pakistan to its advantage and unfortunately this time too history is going to repeat itself.

Now that India has a strong, nationalist regime in power, expect US to come running behind you giving you indefinite favours to 'contain' us.

That's what they do.

The decision is yours. Your country's people are banking on your leaders' decisions.

i pray that we atleast negotiate a huge arms deal.half paid by saudis half by US.just give them what they want.take what we want finish it once and for all

Now that India has a strong, nationalist regime in power, expect US to come running behind you giving you indefinite favours to 'contain' us.

That's what they do.

The decision is yours. Your country's people are banking on your leaders' decisions.

Not really. US has long term interests with India nationalist or no nationalist will change that. They are not going to agonize India.

Back
Top Bottom