What's new

US hopes for Pacific cooperation with Indian navy under Modi

Naswaris should not troll on Important Indian threads or I will give you negative rating as well!!! (Yeah, a lame troll bait)

BTW, what do we have to do with Pacific? Our submarines start burning up while being parked. They are a risk to Pacific ocean and not really an asset for any allied forces dreams of US.. (ab bolo, this is a point to ponder over)

Long time fellas!

It looks like US is expecting India to be it's bitch.
Expect away......the reality is quite a different matter. India has the worst voting record against the US in the UN bar no other nation except, perhaps, Cuba. India defied US-led sanctions against Iran on oil imports.

India has proven it will uphold its sovereignty no matter what and against whomever, the US isn't stupid they know this and that's why they tread very carefully around India.

Damn!! can we somehow get back to the topic.

OT: Isn't the malabar on? I thought the JMSDF is also joining India and US in it.

That is a rather big stretch. Pacific doesn't serve our strategic interests in any way other than using trade routes from China., Korea and Japan, which are already going on.
Ya, you kinda' defeat your own argument there. I'm sure the Indian Navy would say that is exactly why India needs a presence in the Pacific. It is why China is rapidly building up it's navy there.

Expect away......the reality is quite a different matter. India has the worst voting record against the US in the UN bar no other nation except, perhaps, Cuba. India defied US-led sanctions against Iran on oil imports.

India has proven it will uphold its sovereignty no matter what and against whomever, the US isn't stupid they know this and that's why they tread very carefully around India.

You're trying logic with him? :tsk:

The last time I logged into PDF was the April 20 and I'm responding to alerts that I receive when someone mentions me or responds to my post.

....yes it was a one liner and therefore against forum rules but at least the guy expressed his opinion using words. Had I read his post before you brought it to my attention he may have received a negative rating from me.
PDF think tank analyst logging once a month...thats good for the forum :disagree:
@WebMaster sir u may have to review these people....

on topic: i don't think we have enough assests to stretch our reach to pacific!!
may be after a decade its possible!!

Last edited:
Ya, you kinda' defeat your own argument there. I'm sure the Indian Navy would say that is exactly why India needs a presence in the Pacific. It is why China is rapidly building up it's navy there.

Trade corridors have more than our presence, buddy. The Japanese Navy is the most advanced and powerful navy in Asia.
While they are not provocative, they are strong enough to ensure that trade corridors from their country don't get blocked.

Not to mention a whole host of maritime laws that bind Chinese as much as all others including us and you, do. Harassing Indian trade ships, which ALSO come to Chinese ports for trade and commerce will gain China nothing.

Piracy is a big issue yes, but it is in the long term.

I am not saying that it is NOT completely important.

But we need to establish strong control and ensure IOR remains our, well... how you put it.. 'area of influence' first.

The incompetent jerk who held the top job in our country for the last 10 years and his cabinet of ministers have left our foreign influence in tatters and decimated our military 'force projection' by at least two-thirds, despite many new platforms inducted. One is to make platforms and one is to convey their relevance to 'dissident countries' if you get the idea.

We need to round up our immediate waters before we can head to the Pacific.

In any case, you, us and the Japanese are having trilateral naval exercises already.

Back
Top Bottom