What's new

US funded Pakistani Media EXPOSED by Pakistani actors

And who are PML.N pvt sold too ? .)

AAj news channel is sold. PMLN are their owner.

Every one ? lol NOT EVERY ONE.

apney aap ko sub sidha kerlo sub theek ho jaye ga.
How come everyone you meet in Pakistani street, bazar, restaurant, office is a sell out and willing to do anything for money.
How come every politician, soldier, policeman is a sellout
but how come every Pakistani on PDF is an angel I find it hard to believe, no one here is going to defend the sellout media for taking US money? come on anyone??
or are we hypocrites to the core

Don't get me wrong, if seen in the context of the Sesame Street stuff then the comments can be seen as reasonable - but to then assert that the entire Pakistani media is a US tool, that a little too rich for my blood

80-20 rule sir gee
get a handful of some very powerful media tycoons that command about 80% of the viewership and a fleet of leading opinion makers and your job is done. we can argue about the right number of people involved but some people are clearly a give away who dont just write and speak for the sake of freedom of journalism or difference of opinion with their criticism but seem to be on a crusade against usual targets of entities that are hostile towards Pakistan.

some media mongols for example distinguish themselves to lash at the khakis and some attack Pakistani ideology & show their disgust towards our local customs and norms.

some media mongols for example distinguish themselves to lash at the khakis and some attack Pakistani ideology & show their disgust towards our local customs and norms.

Examples of which are : ???

So this was over the Sesame street fiasco in Pakistan and US claims of fraud -- So now, US is funding Pakistani media? and Pakistani media is worth 50 million dollars?

Don't get me wrong, if seen in the context of the Sesame Street stuff then the comments can be seen as reasonable - but to then assert that the entire Pakistani media is a US tool, that a little too rich for my blood

US stop the money to their firm because of corruption. It was a ten million program. maybe it was one reason for their criticism. But well you never know what is the real picture.

I do not know but some times I get the feeling that The Express Tribune is going with a agenda in their mind. I don't know whether I am right or wrong. What other forum member thinks about it?

The U.S. has terminated funding for a $20 million project to develop a Pakistani version of "Sesame Street," the U.S. Embassy said Tuesday. The decision came as a Pakistani newspaper reported allegations of corruption by the local puppet theater working on the initiative.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57447258/u.s-ends-funding-for-pakistani-sesame-street/

Examples of which are : ???

Kamran Shafi is one example, he is a disgraced ex officer who was kicked out due to some serious misconduct, pickup any article of his and 80 to 90% is anti army that has nothing to do with criticism but is openly hateful, demeaning and spiteful. his reason to exist is to write against army.

Hamid Mir is another character, while the rest of the private media and government media were showing victims of TTP at the Khuni chowk, he was crying a river over the Sawat operation saying Pakistan army was destroying mosques. and then we have good old Najam Sathi who claims that FC and Pak army dumps Baloch youth from helicopters (when its fleet only manages to to fullfill the most vital mission let alone a scarface style execution)

Madam Aisha Sadiqa also has earned a lot of international praise for her "courage", although she has not gone the same level as Kamran shafi who clearly seems to see every single Pakistani soldier as the part of the court martial team that kicked him out.
I saw him in one talk show where even Shaikh Rashid told him to cut it and get hold of himself because he was going overboard in his army hatred to which he started babbling incomprehensible nonsense and was completely ignored by shaikh rashid. sorry dont recall the program but it was aired few years ago.

I used to do the Ctrl F and looked up the words like "commando", "tin heads" and oxymorons whenever I saw his article before reading it and 9 out of 10 times it contained many of such words and I didnt bother reading any further.

^^^ so basically whoever talks against the army has an agenda? Could it be that they are all telling truth(at least sometimes) but you refuse to believe it.

^^^ so basically whoever talks against the army has an agenda? Could it be that they are all telling truth(at least sometimes) but you refuse to believe it.

indeed they all could be but you need to listen to what they are saying i.e. how much there is flesh on the bone (truth as you put it) and how much is rhetoric, swearing and hate.

. and also why you want to ignore the fact that most of these leading critics are found out to be on US payroll?

Not among the strongest positions you have taken -- One has to wonder why the armed forces seem to attract such revulsion - oh wait, didn't they gives this Islamism stuff, and the Jihad fi.... and now claim that the politico (a curse on their house) don't support them and therefore they will allow their ****** to butcher Pakistanis at will ---- Irfan, is this rhetoric or reality?

One can understand the indignation but no surprises here.

Pak today stands infiltrated completely on all fronts. Never again does the world ( read US) want to be surprised again. The US embassy has phenomenal staff- wondered why ? The campus in Islamabad they is the largest anywhere in the world.This has happened slowly, systematically and in a very organized manner. Given the fact that the Army controls the Nukes - they too have been infiltrated. It may seem diff for ppl to agree / comprehend.

The options were two - either let anarchy prevail and allow the risk of having a rag tag ornisation getting hold of an odd Nuke or allow its control with an orgnisation which has an established & verifiable structure. The PA fits the bill. However, despite all the talk one hears & reads about them , they have the briefcase but one button also lies elsewhere.

A corollary to this would be the media which needs to happen alongside & is the next logical step.

Slowly , systematically . $$ helps and smoothens it all along.

Make it sound like a movie - the all knowing all seeing US - be afraid, be very afraid - Booooooo!

It's not really like that you know - they put their pants on one leg at a time

Once the pants are in both the legs , they close at the top.

Kamran Shafi is one example, he is a disgraced ex officer who was kicked out due to some serious misconduct, pickup any article of his and 80 to 90% is anti army that his nothing to do with criticism but is openly hateful, demeaning and spiteful. his reason to exist is to write against army.

Hamid Mir is another character, while the rest of the private media and government media were showing victims of TTP at the Khuni chowk, he was crying a river over the Sawat operation saying Pakistan army was destroying mosques. and then we have good old Najam Sathi who claims that FC and Pak army dumps Baloch youth from helicopters (when its fleet only manages to to fullfill the most vital mission let alone a scarface style execution)

Madam Aisha Sadiqa also has earned a lot of international praise for her "courage", although she has not gone the same level as Kamran shafi who clearly seems to see every single Pakistani soldier as the part of the court martial team that kicked him out.
I saw him in one talk show where even Shaikh Rashid told him to cut it and get hold of himself because he was going overboard in his army hatred to which he started babbling incomprehensible nonsense and was completely ignored by shaikh rashid. sorry dont recall the program but it was aired few years ago.

I used to do the Ctrl F and looked up the words like "commando", "tin heads" and oxymorons whenever I saw his article before reading it and 9 out of 10 times it contained many of such words and I didnt bother reading any further.

Sorry friend!
Bt most of the problems, including paid & secretly cia funded & manged media are there jst because we, hve a COAS sitting with closed eyes & ears?
Why?
Cause he was blackmailed or trapped by croupt politicians & judiciary? Yes that the truth, & with media conspiracy ,state of pakistan been destroyed on tv channels 24/7 every now & then!
Sometimes it becomes so funny, that even you can't laugh?
Like 24 peoples got killed in karachi, 27 in hangu SS bomb blast ,bt most of our anchors were doing programs on the survival of damocrazy in pakistan?lol
Its really really bloody funny, hopefully COAS must be, enjoying it too?lol

Not among the strongest positions you have taken -- One has to wonder why the armed forces seem to attract such revulsion - oh wait, didn't they gives this Islamism stuff, and the Jihad fi.... and now claim that the politico (a curse on their house) don't support them and therefore they will allow their ****** to butcher Pakistanis at will ---- Irfan, is this rhetoric or reality?
I like to agree with you if some of them would have used the same argument and actually criticised army on the above points only. but when almost every sentence has a poison tipped prefixes then its nothing more than rant and hate
more like a barking of a Sectarian fanatic who says shia kafir & all sunnis also kafir if they dont agree with shia being kafir

toppling democracies & supporting extremism are known facts that are universally agreed and there is no harm done there something which the military already knows has done it a lot more harm.

but when someone questions the very existence of an institution & makes unqualified statements about every single person who has ever served or is serving then its not criticism or truth but can be only labelled as a rant of someone. like a far right supremacist who is warning all white parents to save their daughters from the savage Asian & African men.

I am not really worked up to prove a point here, all I am saying is a writer should keep a criticism a criticism not a hate campaign although I know its all subjective and open to interpretation but the choice of vocabulary is normally a give away if the said person is criticizing or just being hateful.

Sorry friend!
Bt most of the problems, including paid & secretly cia funded & manged media are there jst because we, hve a COAS sitting with closed eyes & ears?
Why?
Cause he was blackmailed or trapped by croupt politicians & judiciary? Yes that the truth, & with media conspiracy ,state of pakistan been destroyed on tv channels 24/7 every now & then!
Sometimes it becomes so funny, that even you can't laugh?
Like 24 peoples got killed in karachi, 27 in hangu SS bomb blast ,bt most of our anchors were doing programs on the survival of damocrazy in pakistan?lol
Its really really bloody funny, hopefully COAS must be, enjoying it too?lol

Shekh Rashid taunts the army by saying "Satooo pee kay soay hoay hay"
but hey democracy is the best revenge so suck on it. the tiger of Raiwand is already rehearsing his victory speech so enjoy.

I must say though, some of this funding seems to be getting wasted, although TTP says that it committed atrocity yet again on Shias or attacked pak army for its help of Americans to kill some terrorists etc but despite all that some journalists only chose to blame the Americans for all the chaos.

Everyone has forgotten the Malik Riaz scandal already?

Mubashir Luqman getting phone calls, 15 minute ads running primetime when a couple of minutes cost lakhs...anchors going to his house, and this is just one person.

BTW, i completely agree with Irfan Baloch, that criticism is one thing, outright hatred ala Asma Jehangir and Hamid Mir is another.

Back
Top Bottom