What's new

Unending Walk at Delhi's Terminal T-3!

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Guys, if you're arriving or departing T-3 be prepared to have a lot of glucose, a water bottle, packed lunch/dinner and multi vitamins. You'll need the stuff because it takes forever to reach your destination. The darn walk is endless! I think they should have a mini airport inside the terminal to fly you to your departure area!! Probably a helicopter service!! Jeeez! :cheesy:

Here's a video. You'll get tired just watching!! :undecided: I usually just sit on my briefcase on the walkalator and ride the distance instead of walking! Unless I'm late, which I usually am!! Typical Chennai-ite, what? :whistle:

Have any of you been through this agony? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of an idea to reduce distance and i had posted this in innovative ideas thread....may be they should install this.....check this out(i am 17 yr old student anyways)--

*Why not having an escalator expressway....this could be well worked out in massive airports by having multiple rollers..the initial roller will be fast..then the adjacent roller next to it faster and slowly it will increase the passenger speed to 40kmph.....and same at the ends for slowing down..it can be used in footpath of roads too!!

Fm9s0.jpg

walking is good for health and joints.Moreover always take stairs instead of elevator or escalator

I am doing this twice a month

are you in chennai?
Yep! Chennai, and Nilgiris which is my permanent abode. :smokin:

I thought of an idea to reduce distance and i had posted this in innovative ideas thread....may be they should install this.....check this out(i am 17 yr old student anyways)--

*Why not having an escalator expressway....this could be well worked out in massive airports by having multiple rollers..the initial roller will be fast..then the adjacent roller next to it faster and slowly it will increase the passenger speed to 40kmph.....and same at the ends for slowing down..it can be used in footpath of roads too!!

Fm9s0.jpg

I think wise men think alike as I was thinking about a contraption just like this! (Or is it that fools seldom differ? :lol: )

Cheers!

Great walk for Indians going in and out of Dehli Terminal. You lucky B*******.

Yep! Chennai, and Nilgiris which is my permanent abode. :smokin:

I think wise men think alike as I was thinking about a contraption just like this! (Or is it that fools seldom differ? :lol: )

Cheers!

Cool Chennai Rocks:tup:

Delhi is my home . I cannot stop a big toothy grin when i am at T-3. That's generally once a month . in the past decade delhi has improved transport infrastructure by leaps and bounds . And i don't mean just metros and T-3 . Even roads have become better . I can bet my *** that you cannot travel for 5 kilometers on Delhi roads without seeing a flyover or metro or expressways . Good time to be a delhiite and burn mumbaikars hearts :lol: :rofl:

Cool Chennai Rocks :thumpup:

But Chennai airport sucks. :tdown: Visited India and Thailand and in a span of 10 days last year and was there in the following airports
in the order of my travel.

1. Delhi T3
2. Bangkok Suvarnabhoomi
3. Phuket
4. Mumbai
5. Chennai domestic
6. Coimbatore
7. Delhi T1
8. T3

Even coimbatore though small was clean. Chennai domestic was the worse among the lot.

Delhi is my home . I cannot stop a big toothy grin when i am at T-3. That's generally once a month . in the past decade delhi has improved transport infrastructure by leaps and bounds . And i don't mean just metros and T-3 . Even roads have become better . I can bet my *** that you cannot travel for 5 kilometers on Delhi roads without seeing a flyover or metro or expressways . Good time to be a delhiite and burn mumbaikars hearts :lol: :rofl:

i am from orissa and can say east or west bangalore is the best....!!!:D:yahoo:

But Chennai airport sucks. :tdown: Visited India and Thailand and in a span of 10 days last year and was there in the following airports

1. Delhi T3
2. Bangkok Suvarnabhoomi
3. Phuket
4. Mumbai
5. Chennai domestic
6. Coimbatore
7. Delhi T1
8. T3

Even coimbatore though small was clean. Chennai domestic was the worse among the lot.

try the new chennai airport terminal i bet you wont be dissapointed.....

scaled.php

1. Delhi T3
2. Bangkok Suvarnabhoomi
3. Phuket
4. Mumbai
5. Chennai domestic
6. Coimbatore
7. Delhi T1
8. T3

wait for one month new terminal is opening in chennai

hahahahaha... Seriously this T3 and Metro has placed Delhi leagues ahead of Mumbai... Road quality has also improved a lot.
Am waiting for Mumbai's answer- their Metro and monorail...

Back
Top Bottom