What's new

UK ONLY: Cars under £1000

Yeah tin can is the better definition

But the seating position is quite high with a large windscreen... My cousin loves it, I don't like that.

The high seating position allows the car to be shorter, so it is a design feature. Does this model have the central cyclops gauges? I hate those far more than the high seats.

The high seating position allows the car to be shorter, so it is a design feature. Does this model have the central cyclops gauges? I hate those far more than the high seats.
naa it doesn't have it

and the engine of these cars is one of the most silent I have ever driven...

Gonnai switchover to Toyota Prius soon

I'm planning to buy a car soon. I'm stuck between the choice of vaux hall astra or a prius. I need a car with a big boot so I would prefer estate version of vauxhall astra.

Either I get something like this.
Vauxhall%20Astra%20Estate.png

or Toyata Prius

2010-toyota-prius-hybrid+2.jpg

I'm planning to buy a car soon. I'm stuck between the choice of vaux hall astra or a prius. I need a car with a big boot so I would prefer estate version of vauxhall astra.

or Toyata Prius

Vauxhall Astra is a good choice but Prius is very economical. If I was you I would still go for Prius... -- but then it all depends upon the individual's needs and preferences

Vauxhall Astra is a good choice but Prius is very economical. If I was you I would still go for Prius... -- but then it all depends upon the individual's needs and preferences

It will also depend on insurance group and more importantly how many Prius garages are there locally, how much do the spare parts costs etc. Although Prius does save a lot of money in the long run. Astra on the other hand is a common car, practical and cheaper insurance. Maybe Prius being a hybrid might bring their insurance premium down.

Go to autotrader.co.uk...

He said it's some sort of shadow...

But anyways --- I am have finalised the deal for this car

2006 PROTON GEN-2 LOW MILES 24 HOUR LISTING | eBay

If everything goes smoothly this is what we hope to purchase.

Are you there?

Edited...
Do not buy proton mate...a cheap replica of mitsubuishi...one of the most failed car...if u really wanna buy, keep in mind the few things:

Mileage, hpi report, category( meaning it's not a damaged car) and most importantly number of owners...too many owners means too many change of hands and also try to get the service history.

Last edited:
It will also depend on insurance group and more importantly how many Prius garages are there locally, how much do the spare parts costs etc. Although Prius does save a lot of money in the long run. Astra on the other hand is a common car, practical and cheaper insurance. Maybe Prius being a hybrid might bring their insurance premium down.
Im not sure but i think with a prius you pay no road tax

or Toyata Prius

I had one of the worst experience with vauhall Astra, British cars have one of the worst resale value, I would suggest go for the German cars if it falls within your limit.

Im not sure but i think with a prius you pay no road tax

I looked at some Prius on autotraders, mostly low milege second hand ones. Even a decent one will cost around £3000-4000.

I had one of the worst experience with vauhall Astra, British cars have one of the worst resale value, I would suggest go for the German cars if it falls within your limit.

I think astras have some technical faults with them. They do tend to develop technical issues earlier then other makes. German cars on the other hand are very reliable. But right now my choices are limited. Either astra or a prius.

I looked at some Prius on autotraders, mostly low milege second hand ones. Even a decent one will cost around £3000-4000.
Thats the only thing they expensive and repairs are alot but you save on road tax and petrol.Another option for a cheap car is look for dealers who sell ex MOD cars they all have full service history and the price is good as well.

With that budget you could buy a second-hand Malaysian car. Kancil or something.
You probably do not know how much cheap the cars are in UK. You could literally purchase a car by selling your old mobile phone. The car you are mentioning is nothing in comparison to popular brands of Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, Peugeot - all within the reach of budget I have mentioned.

Either astra or a prius.
The other alternative can be the hybrid version of Honda Jazz just in case you have not seen it before... It's very similar to Prius

Back
Top Bottom