What's new

U.S. sends carrier to South Korea, live target for Chinese navy?

trident2010

Reaction score
Country
India
U.S. sends carrier to South Korea

c1main.carrier.navy.jpg

The United States is sending the aircraft carrier USS George Washington to South Korea this week in a display of "the strength of our alliance and our constant readiness to defend the Republic of Korea," the ship's commander said Monday.

The visit comes after months of heightened tensions on the Korean peninsula after the sinking of a South Korean warship in a torpedo attack in March. A multinational inquiry found North Korea responsible for the attack on the corvette Cheonan, in which 46 South Korean sailors were killed. North Korea has denied any connection with the attack and said it is the victim of an international conspiracy.

Earlier this month, the United Nations formally denounced the sinking of the Cheonan, but did not specifically mention North Korea.

In anticipation of the U.S. announcement, Pyongyang at the weekend said the presence of the carrier would be a "reckless provocation," according to the state-run Korean Central News Agency. It said the U.S. and South Korea were trying to save face after suffering a "diplomatic defeat" in the United Nations.

Two U.S. destroyers will also join the George Washington for its call in the port of Busan. A third destroyer will visit Chinhae, U.S. Forces Korea said. The four-day port call begins Wednesday.

"The U.S. Navy maintains a robust forward presence in the Asia-Pacific region and the people of the Republic of Korea are our good friends and allies," George Washington commanding officer Capt. David Lausman said in a statement Monday.

The 97,000-ton George Washington, based in Yokosuka, Japan, is the only U.S. carrier whose home port is outside the United States.

U.S. sends carrier to South Korea – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

The visit comes after months of heightened tensions on the Korean peninsula after the sinking of a South Korean warship in a torpedo attack in March. A multinational inquiry found North Korea responsible for the attack on the corvette Cheonan, in which 46 South Korean sailors were killed. North Korea has denied any connection with the attack and said it is the victim of an international conspiracy.

Earlier this month, the United Nations formally denounced the sinking of the Cheonan, but did not specifically mention North Korea.

In anticipation of the U.S. announcement, Pyongyang at the weekend said the presence of the carrier would be a "reckless provocation," according to the state-run Korean Central News Agency. It said the U.S. and South Korea were trying to save face after suffering a "diplomatic defeat" in the United Nations.

What the hell uncle sam is upto this time .. startin off another adventure in the Korean peninsula.. !!!

I think China can check if their Sea search radars pick it up, and do mock fly pasts......:p

A big slap to chinese who forgot their real status in the front of USA.....America is still 10 times stronger than Chinese and his alliances...

some day ago i heard many chinese singing here,U.S navy will not dare to enter in china's sphere of influence,it's a matter of time for us to bombard american navy,korea fear to piss us off,and now,now what?

Now chinese will hold joint excercise with NK. Gamble americans in Iran.
Tit for tat.

A big slap to chinese who forgot their real status in the front of USA.....America is still 10 times stronger than Chinese and his alliances...

Do not conclude in haste. USA is not stupid who's sleep is disturbed because of this rising giant in the world. So keep it cool and let this reach where it is intended to. I do not consider China would attack it without any provocation but if it does....... ;) USA is 10 times stronger? Its also 10 times away from its center of strength, the USA mainland. :cheers:

Now chinese will hold joint excercise with NK. Gamble americans in Iran.
Tit for tat.

Yup. China will soon launch joint exercise with Mexico near US coastline.
China will send "Aircraft Carrier killer" there to send Uncle SAM a message.

China should donate "carrier Killer" to Iran, Cuba, Libya, Taliban, North Korea etc etc....LOL

1 stone 2 birds from USA, 1st bird USA try to make China can not hold her temper 1 single bullet flying out from China gun, USA goverment will automatic enjoy debt free. 2nd bird that USA could sell armed for SEA which are already outdate for US Army, instead of paying to get rid of old weapon, military excercises etc.. and the main thing USA will be a hero of SEA.

Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dare China not!

In Vietnamese society these days, they are so excited about the incident the Vietnam sea patrol boats detained some Chinese surveillance ships!? I wonder what just happen? :what:

Tàu VN

In Vietnamese society these days, they are so excited about the incident the Vietnam sea patrol boats detained some Chinese surveillance ships!? I wonder what just happen? :what:

Tàu VN

To me that is just normal reaction for anyone who just got being pushed by bully guy. I don't see that's a bad thing, some time and it will be dumb if you just keeping be nice to a guy who was countinued buly you from time to time. To the face of a nation, that only way it could be use. That's what I think.

Tàu VN

It's a reflection of Vietnam's chauvinistic attitude towards the sea. Look at how the Vietnam boats ramped at Chinese Public Service Ship and how excited the Vietnamese are about it.

To me that is just normal reaction for anyone who just got being pushed by bully guy. I don't see that's a bad thing, some time and it will be dumb if you just keeping be nice to a guy who was countinued buly you from time to time. To the face of a nation, that only way it could be use. That's what I think.

I think you just spited at your face mr vietnam, YOU is the ONE who containing the most AGGRESSIVE attitude these days in the region, the World witnesses everything so don't be too thick face to lie that way!!! You look like a thug who is trying to rob and alarming himself! That represents your abusing history of thousand years of being beaten down by stronger powers and still raise your cocky vietnamese face towards us Cambodian. Shameless!!!

It's a reflection of Vietnam's chauvinistic attitude towards the sea. Look at how the Vietnam boats ramped at Chinese Public Service Ship and how excited the Vietnamese are about it.

why don't you react anything???

Back
Top Bottom