What's new

U.S. Navy Ship To Arrive In Bangladesh Mid-March For Joint Training Sessions

cool very cool....
US should keep couple of their boats permanently in Bay of Bengal like Japan Sea.

Super cool...!!!:partay:

Its like every single month we are having trainings and exercises with the US Navy.....:yahoo:

Man, i guess something is really cooking......;)

Cheers!!!

cool very cool....
US should keep couple of their boats permanently in Bay of Bengal like Japan Sea.

That would be literally having a base at the BoB....and i personally support such an inclusion.....:thinktank:

Cheers!!!

China will certainly oppose a permanent US presence in the BoB. I think, we will be more inside the burning fire if US is allowed a base. Since both China and India will oppose it, therefore, BD should extract maximum benefit out of its sensitive location from all three countries, and strengthen its defence capabilities.

China will certainly oppose a permanent US presence in the BoB. I think, we will be more inside the burning fire if US is allowed a base. Since both China and India will oppose it, therefore, BD should extract maximum benefit out of its sensitive location from all three countries, and strengthen its defence capabilities.

Bro, can you please elaborate the "maximum benefits" you are talking about.....US probably wants a base in BoB, but India and China would oppose....so considering that how can we have a benefit??? Dont you think its a contradiction of interests.....

Cheers!!!

^ May be India could not do as much domination as they want on BD if USA comes here.

Bro, can you please elaborate the "maximum benefits" you are talking about.....US probably wants a base in BoB, but India and China would oppose....so considering that how can we have a benefit??? Dont you think its a contradiction of interests.....

Cheers!!!

Dont take it otherwise. I am always in favor of US base in Bay of Bengal. If you stay within their sphere then dont worry about sanction and all. Its all bogus.

^ Also BD could get a lot of dollars and may be USA could interfere in India's internal issues. That could be in NE. But I'm sure more or less that USA will not do any harm to BD but could be India or else.

Dont take it otherwise. I am always in favor of US base in Bay of Bengal. If you stay within their sphere then dont worry about sanction and all. Its all bogus.

Nothing to take otherwise bhai....US presence here would be excellent and as BrotherBangladesh said, this would keep away India from poking its nose. Moreover, the Junta would even think thrice before they take a move......

But my concern is China.....US presence here wont be desired by them and given China is an old friend and our largest arms supplier till now....it wont be a good idea to make our relation cold....so thats what my point is....Its, very indirectly, an option between relation with US or relation with China.....

Cheers!!!

Btw, we have had US frigate and minesweeper and auxiliary boat here for exercises...so tell me guys....when is the next US Navy submarine coming......:smokin:

Nothing to take otherwise bhai....US presence here would be excellent and as BrotherBangladesh said, this would keep away India from poking its nose. Moreover, the Junta would even think thrice before they take a move......

But my concern is China.....US presence here wont be desired by them and given China is an old friend and our largest arms supplier till now....it wont be a good idea to make our relation cold....so thats what my point is....Its, very indirectly, an option between relation with US or relation with China.....

Cheers!!!
An US presence in our BoB will not be seen kindly by the hardline Muslims in south asia. A presence will bring about their strong re-emergence. Anti-US slogans will make these Jihadis popular.

Moreover, the conservative BD culture will deteriorate. Wherever the US troops have been stationed, they usually buy off the local culture with dollar notes. This will be a serious source of discontent and it will be a cause of Jihadi rise.

Rather, I would prefer a time to time appearance of US navy ships to our ports and do some joint exercise. This is enough to alarm the Junta DADA in the east, but it will not alarm the Chinese.

^ May be India could not do as much domination as they want on BD if USA comes here.

^ Also BD could get a lot of dollars and may be USA could interfere in India's internal issues. That could be in NE. But I'm sure more or less that USA will not do any harm to BD but could be India or else.

Cheers!!!

Afghan is neighboring country of China and USA is there. And PK has nice collaboration with USA. But that does not harm PK-China relation.

China is late, I think, they should have taken strategy as like USA thinking today long days ago. If China would request for naval base in BoB then BD would not bother to give them facilitates, may be. I'm angry on China because they cannot even convince Burma to make BD-BURMA-CHINA route. They have not much power in S. Asia though they have ability. So USA more deserves to take part in S. Asia. Moreover, USA will come here does not mean that China could not export products or defence equipments in here. USA will not make any objection if we buy arms from China, I think. USA’s plan could be different not any silly thing like any objection in relation between BD and China. It’s more duty of China to take strategy against USA’s arrival in BoB not us. If somehow BD-China relation will fall then China is responsible for that not BD. But if China give objection to BD for not giving naval base to USA then it’s BD’s responsibility to negotiate with China and then BD should ask for more help to china in everything and against India’s policy for BD.

Last edited:

Because of that opposition US was not able establish a base in St.Martin's island in the 80's.That island is perfect for a military base,I heard.

Now what US wants is heavy presence in Bay of Bengal in the name of joint patrol of Bangladeshi waters.

The good side is,

Neither India nor Myanmar (especially Myanmar)would want a naval conflict in the presence of US navy.

But the bad side is,
It will displease the Chinese,whose interest will be at risk.Displeasing a big friend will have bad consequence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom