What's new

U.S. Naval Basing in Sri Lanka?

Bah,India's irritation to US bases in Sri Lanka is exaggerated.It's not even being built with India in mind.The United States wants an enhanced force projection in the Asiatic region to screw around with You-Know-Who.They aren't going to be too pleased with Sri Lanka all things considered.

Bah,India's irritation to US bases in Sri Lanka is exaggerated.It's not even being built with India in mind.The United States wants an enhanced force projection in the Asiatic region to screw around with You-Know-Who.They aren't going to be too pleased with Sri Lanka all things considered.

May be not now, but what about in the future. US already has Diego Garcia. They carry out missions in AF from this base, so Indian Ocean Region is a piece of cake.

Just curious, why is a US base in SL a threat to India? As far as I know US and India are on relatively good terms and relations between governments are on the rise.

I dont think USA will go for a direct base in India. India and USA will have more and more strong relation in future. Resent coopreation among these countries in various fields is clear example. Anything done by USA in Indian Ocean will be done after consulting with India. Come on.. no one would like to loose such a big market.. Sri Lanka can play for some time with china, but in long term it would be just suicidal. India will do anything to protect its interests. And If China is in Indian Ocean, surely USA will be as much uncomfortable as will be India. Even these days Russia is also ok with India's Relation with USA. Rest is upto Sri lanka.

Just curious, why is a US base in SL a threat to India? As far as I know US and India are on relatively good terms and relations between governments are on the rise.
Indian version of Monroe Doctrine

I dont think USA will go for a direct base in India. India and USA will have more and more strong relation in future. Resent coopreation among these countries in various fields is clear example. Anything done by USA in Indian Ocean will be done after consulting with India. Come on.. no one would like to loose such a big market.. Sri Lanka can play for some time with china, but in long term it would be just suicidal. India will do anything to protect its interests. And If China is in Indian Ocean, surely USA will be as much uncomfortable as will be India. Even these days Russia is also ok with India's Relation with USA. Rest is upto Sri lanka.

China is already in Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka has given one block for oil exploration.
Russia will come next, SL has some discussion with Russian oil exploration team too.

China is already in Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka has given one block for oil exploration.
Russia will come next, SL has some discussion with Russian oil exploration team too.

Oil exploration is not same as having a naval presence.

These Lankan never learn from past mistakes..do they ?

It was their desire to lease a Naval base to US that got India's support to the LTTE...here we go again...ready to be *** spanked for another 25 years :lol:

Good relations or not....

Until benefits aren't shared equally(and that to of a very limited scale) .... Us presence in neighboring regions will only soil its rep with India.

When considering national interests .... only ones ones own country is responsible for it , and no one else...
to think otherwise is utter lack of foresight.

Having said that...the US has in fact remained out is why it has gained rep.

Back
Top Bottom