What's new

U.S. Frigate Ingraham Arriving In Bangladesh For Joint Training Exercises

ilovebd

New Recruit

Reaction score
Dhaka, Bangladesh (AHN) - The guided missile frigate USS Ingraham (FFG-61) will conduct a port call in Chittagong for training Bangladesh Navy from March 1-3 on naval exercises.

During the port call, the crew will also participate in various local cultural activities, professional military-to-military exchanges with the Bangladesh Navy and community-service projects as coordinated by the U.S. Embassy, a U.S. embassy announcement said on Sunday.

"Bangladesh is preparing to launch its ship-based helicopter program, and USS Ingraham will have the opportunity to train with the Bangladesh Navy Sailors and pilots who will be responsible for operating helicopters on their ships," Cmdr. Adam J. Welter, Ingraham's Commanding Officer, said.

"One of the best aspects of what we do is working alongside our international counterparts, getting to know Sailors from around the world and seeing where they live and how they operate and sharing with them how we operate," the American naval commander said, adding that the whole crew is looking forward to this visit and the valuable opportunity to strengthen the relationship between the U.S. Navy and the Bangladeshi military.

"This visit is the latest in a series of port calls by U.S. Navy ships and demonstrates the United States Government's commitment to Bangladesh and to regional security by expanding relationships throughout Asia and the Pacific," the announcement added.

U.S. Frigate Ingraham Arriving In Bangladesh For Joint Training Exercises | AHN

United States Navy Ship Ingraham Arriving in Bangladesh

By Ensign Todd B. Chen
USS Ingraham Public Affairs

Chittagong, Bangladesh - The guided missile frigate USS Ingraham (FFG-61) will conduct a port call in Chittagong, Bangladesh March 1-3. This is the first time Ingraham has visited Bangladesh.

During the port call, the crew will participate in various local cultural activities, professional military-to-military exchanges with the Bangladesh Navy and community service projects as coordinated by the U.S. Embassy.

“Bangladesh is preparing to launch its ship-based helicopter program, and USS Ingraham will have the opportunity to train with the Bangladesh Navy Sailors and pilots who will be responsible for operating helicopters on their ships,” said Cmdr. Adam J. Welter, Ingraham’s commanding cfficer. “One of the best aspects of what we do is working along side our international counterparts, getting to know Sailors from around the world and seeing where they live and how they operate and sharing with them how we operate. The whole crew is looking forward to this visit and the valuable opportunity to strengthen the relationship between the U.S. Navy and the Bangladeshi military.”

This visit is the latest in a series of port calls by U.S. Navy ships and demonstrates the United States Government's commitment to Bangladesh and to regional security by relationships throughout Asia and the Pacific.

USPACOM - United States Pacific Command

I am really liking the Bangladesh-US dosti for some reason.....;)

Cheers!!!

I am really liking the Bangladesh-US dosti for some reason.....;)

Cheers!!!

Cool... can we just lend uncle sam our South Talpotti for a floating base in Bay of Bengal... :rofl:

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

What????

Not a single post reporting that BN is going to buy this ship???

Surprise to me.

GB

What????

Surprise to me.

GB
Better you don't talk like a step mother. Don't get jealous of our relationship with America. Note that BD-US relationship is independent of India. India can do nothing about it.

Better you don't talk like a step mother. Don't get jealous of our relationship with America. Note that BD-US relationship is independent of India. India can do nothing about it.

There is nothing to be jealous.

The same US has bigger and better relationships with India compared to BD.

Weather its defense, economy or nuke deal.

You are having one naval excersice once in blue moon with US. We have such excersices every now and then. Not only naval but also with army and air force.

needless comment sire no need of sarcasm

Adios

I didnt start up the F-18 rumor to begin with.

Logic was just because few BD pilots are doing a photo session with F-18, BAF is gonna buy the jets.

now who is being sarcastic?

GB

There is nothing to be jealous.

The same US has bigger and better relationships with India compared to BD.

Weather its defense, economy or nuke deal.

You are having one naval excersice once in blue moon with US. We have such excersices every now and then. Not only naval but also with army and air force.

BD has a deep rooted relationship with US defence forces even though we did not buy big budget equipment from them for obvious reason.

India is used against China as a proxy.. thats the difference. Dont just carried away right there. They will again keep India checked by providing enough support to PK and BD.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BD has a deep rooted relationship with US defence forces even though we did not buy big budget equipment from them for obvious reason.

Please enlight us more. What deep rooted relationship the US has with BD?

I was not talking about defence alone when I was talking about Indo-US ties.

India is used against China as a proxy.. thats the difference. Dont just carried away right there. They will again keep India checked by providing enough support to PK and BD.

Please explain how?

For a minute I can buy that proxy against China thing.

How US will use BD against India?

Before coming up with such fantasies just check the Indo-US trade. Why would US screw up the nation with whom it has a huge trade?

What BD has to offer to US when it comes to trade?

GB

A logic beyond that statement is related to F-18 thread.

If this post is troll then entire F-18 thread is????

GB

When you are in this thread,talk about this one.Not about F-18 thread.

That is enough to understand that you were trying to initiate a flame war,and as expected you got some replies from other members.

Just turning an innocent thread into a toxic one.

Please enlight us more. What deep rooted relationship the US has with BD?
We faught alongside US. We go to places where US dont feel like to go, we fill the gap. US has a big stake in Gulf countries and Africa where BD troops can be mobilized immediately. And we are not afraid to be part of it.

Similarly US came to our rescue in a lot of different strained time for instance they mobilized all their fleets even aircraft carrier at the time of cyclone. They dont wait, they just come....

Finally US wanted a base in Bay of Bengal since long. US and UK comes here once too often for exercise and it is geographically one of the best location for any superpower.

And above all we are nice people :azn:

I was not talking about defence alone when I was talking about Indo-US ties.

Please explain how?

For a minute I can buy that proxy against China thing.

How US will use BD against India?

Before coming up with such fantasies just check the Indo-US trade. Why would US screw up the nation with whom it has a huge trade?

What BD has to offer to US when it comes to trade?

GB

You got better trade than China with US??? Come on Garib..... You need US more than US needs you.... get real.

What????

Surprise to me.

GB

Where on earth is it written that BN is buying this ship.....:what:

Do i see less or people see too much....:confused:

Back
Top Bottom