What's new

U.S agreed to give 20 T-37 Aircrafts

Nomi929

New Recruit

Reaction score
USA has agreed to procvide 20 T-37 Trainers to PAKISTAN.

Planes will b handed over to PAF within this year.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
I think we should refuse to accept these planes. They are outdated and ancient..

We should procure more K-8s instead. :argh:

I think we should refuse to accept these planes. They are outdated and ancient..

to me this means that:

1. these t-birds would be used for spares even though we have also purchased engines and spares worth US 3m from S.Korea.

2. there are issues with K-8s?

3. will be used for flying training.

x_man could u kindly comment.

U.S airforce retired these birds recently in April 2008, so they are selling it to PAF, rather than sending them to junkyard :lol:

to me this means that:

1. these t-birds would be used for spares even though we have also purchased engines and spares worth US 3m from S.Korea.

2. there are issues with K-8s?

3. will be used for flying training.

x_man could u kindly comment.

I agree that these t-37s may well be used as spares for our current inventory but I would prefer these to retire and instead of using old obsolete trainers why not use new generation K-8s.

As far as I remember K8s have no issues. Egypt, Sri Lanka and others are planning to procure more k-8s.

I agree that these t-37s may well be used as spares for our current inventory but I would prefer these to retire and instead of using old obsolete trainers why not use new generation K-8s.

As far as I remember K8s have no issues. Egypt, Sri Lanka and others are planning to procure more k-8s.

PAF K-8s are different than the ones used by other countries.

1. powerplant.
2. avionics.

pakistan prefers western stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

PAF K-8s are different than the ones used by other countries.

1. powerplant.
2. avionics.

pakistan prefers western stuff!

Yes, indeed, Pakistan may prefer western avionics and powerplants but that does not justify Pak to pay for old ancient junk. Correct me if I'm wrong.:undecided:

Yes, indeed, Pakistan may prefer western avionics and powerplants but that does not justify Pak to pay for old ancient junk. Correct me if I'm wrong.:undecided:

they r probably free-of-cost except for handling charges etc.

Handy for spare parts... You can dump them anytime you want.

They are going to be used for spares, and might also get spares. Logically speaking T-37 is here to stay for a few years more.

95152522ab3a53e7b3e6175a52c469c1.jpg

Combat ready T37

38b36cf947f6a6dc612c2396bcbdaebb.jpg

f92462181491c3b06cb82d2424aeba6b.jpg

b66c91951b0b9ca492771a7a8f04bb02.jpg

01124825131e19feff5e813084f4a7d9.jpg

aac58aefa99be6899d03d5794c475eed.jpg

USA approves sale of 20 T37 jets for Pakistan Air Force
Thursday, 21 August 2008 00:00 Pakistan Daily

The United States on Wednesday authorized delivery of 20 T-37 trainer airplanes for Pakistan Air Force, which are expected to be delivered within next two months.
Pakistan had made the request for provision of the planes last year. In recent months Pakistan’s embassy in Washington, headed by ambassador Husain Haqqani, worked actively with the U.S. administration officials to expedite delivery of the aircraft, which are used for training purposes.

USA approves sale of 20 T37 jets for Pakistan Air Force

Since these planes were in service these should be in decent shape. These planes could possibly be used in tribal areas against talibans. Another possible use could be as replacement for the old ones in use of PAF.

Since these planes were in service these should be in decent shape. These planes could possibly be used in tribal areas against talibans. Another possible use could be as replacement for the old ones in use of PAF.

these are probably T-37B/C standard. i doubt if they can be used for COIN ops. the armed version is the A-37B/C. these 20 have day/night flying capability.

Back
Top Bottom