What's new

U.N. counts 52 corpses after violence at Iranian dissident camp in Iraq

Jihad_

BANNED
Reaction score
U.N. counts 52 corpses after violence at Iranian dissident camp in Iraq | Reuters

A U.N. team said on Tuesday it had counted 52 bodies in a makeshift morgue at an Iranian dissident camp, most with gunshot wounds and some with their hands tied, two days after violence that it decried as an "atrocious crime".

The dissident Mujahadin-e-Khalq (MEK) group blamed the Iraqi army for Sunday's bloodshed, but an adviser to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, whose government is close to Iran, dismissed the accusation as baseless.

Following a visit to Camp Ashraf on Monday, the U.N. team said most of the corpses had gunshot wounds to the head and upper body. It said several buildings in the camp were also damaged, including one which was burnt out.

"I call on the Iraqi government to ensure that a thorough, impartial and transparent investigation into this atrocious crime is conducted without delay and that the results of the investigation are made public," Gyorgy Busztin, acting U.N. envoy to Iraq, said in a statement.

A spokesman for the Iraqi government could not be immediately reached for comment. But the adviser to Maliki, Ali al-Moussawi, said on Sunday the prime minister had ordered an investigation into what had happened.

Before the violence there were about 100 MEK Iranian exiles at Camp Ashraf, which the Iraqi government wants closed down.

The bloodshed, also condemned by Britain and the United States, took place hours after a mortar bomb attack. Two security sources said on Sunday that the army and special forces had opened fire on residents who stormed a post at the entrance to the camp, allegations denied by Maliki's adviser.

The sources had said at least 19 people were killed. A U.N. statement at the time had a death toll of 47, while MEK said 52 were killed.

Last year, most of the camp's inhabitants were relocated to a former U.S. military base in north eastern Baghdad known as Camp Liberty, which has come under attack twice this year. The U.N. is currently processing them for refugee status abroad.

Camp Ashraf's remaining residents said on Tuesday that seven people were still unaccounted for after the violence and that they believed they had been taken as hostages by Iraqi forces.

A woman who identified herself as the daughter of one of those missing said MEK members at Camp Liberty had gone on hunger strike to demand the return of the seven and were holding the United Nations responsible for ensuring their safety.

MEK, which the U.S. State Department removed from its list of terrorist organizations last year, wants Iran's clerical leaders overthrown and fought on former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's side during the Iran-Iraq war in 1980s.

The group is no longer welcome in Iraq under the Shi'ite Muslim-dominated government that came to power after U.S.-led forces toppled Sunni strongman Saddam in 2003.

Spoken like a true despicable rafidi.

Iran needs to disappear from the pages of history.

U do the same in Gaza driving over homes and people in it, bulldozers, tanks :whistle:

MKO killed Iraqis in 1991 uprisings for your information, they have blood on their hands just as well, they don't belong here UN should take care of it.

U do the same in Gaza driving over homes and people in it, bulldozers, tanks :whistle:

MKO killed Iraqis in 1991 uprisings for your information, they have blood on their hands just as well, they don't belong here UN should take care of it.

U.S pulled them off the notorious 'terrorist blacklist' only because they are agianst the government of Iran. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' story. Also, they have the blood of thousands of Iraqis and Iranians on their hand.

We left Gaza in 2005.

We didn't drive around shooting out of humvees at unarmed people in the desert killing 50 in a few minutes.

Shame on the Iranian-controlled Mullah Iraq.

We left Gaza in 2005.

We didn't drive around shooting out of humvees at unarmed people in the desert killing 50 in a few minutes.

Shame on the Iranian-controlled Mullah Iraq.

No, instead you kill their sources for life, you know food, shelter all that kind of **** giving them a hard time before death.
You left in 2005 ? then we leave in 2015, solved.

They are dissidents.

They are allowed to voice their displeasure at the brutal Irani terror regime.

Tell Guantanamo bay, looks like even the west takes a sh!t on the Geneva convention.
Its not the Iranian regime, its the Iraqi regime using American weaponry ( humvees in this case ) to attack them, weapons from our fine American Zionist brothers.

Tell Guantanamo bay, looks like even the west takes a sh!t on the Geneva convention.
Its not the Iranian regime, its the Iraqi regime using American weaponry ( humvees in this case ) to attack them, weapons from our fine American Zionist brothers.
Over 50 unarmed civilians gunned down in a matter of minutes and run over with Humvees.

And you support it because they don't suck Mullah schlong.

You make me sick.

Over 50 unarmed civilians gunned down in a matter of minutes and run over with Humvees.

You make me sick.

Where does it say that I support it ?

What about your new Arab friends, they bomb 50 unarmed civilians, recently even a Qatari terrorist was captured, what brought that rich donkey to Iraq, how messed up is his mind to join this terrorist group while he has a good life.

The US is the biggest arms seller to Iraq, complain to them instead.

You make me sick.

We are sorry for your loss, but crocodile tears won't help here. Where were you when they were busy killing thousands of innocent Iraqi and Iranian civilians and launching terror attacks in both countries? Where were you when they helped Saddam to crush the Shia opposition in 1991? They deserve much more, and believe me, it's coming to them.

This wasn't a random attack by unknown militants, it was well organized actually. Good job again.

Besides I dont agree with using violence where its not needed, but for sure I prefer being shot and run over with a humvee then years or life long of American mental torture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom