What's new

Turkish Weapons Bound for Egypt? Turkey Denies the Allegation...

Sam1980

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone,

"Turkish Foreign Ministry has urged Egyptian authorities to clear out the allegations about a container sent from Turkey to Egypt carrying sound guns which could be tranformed into real weapons.
Turkish Foreign Ministry Thursday demanded Egypt to transfer concrete information about the claims that a container was sent from Turkey to Egypt carrying sound guns which could be tranformed into real weapons, appeared on an Egyptian TV program on July 17.
"Such claims should be investigated at earliest and most seriously for revealing the reality," said the statement, adding "Turkey, attributing great importance to stability and peace of brother Egypt, can not accept and condemns violent acts in that country," the ministry said"

Turkey urges Egypt to clear out claims of "sound gun container" | Middle East | World Bulletin

What do you think of this? I understand that Erdogan is not happy about the Egypt Military toppling Morsi, but would he really go as far as to possibly contribute to start of a civil war in Egypt? (assuming this news is true)

In Syria, Arabs and Turkey agree on the agenda that "Assad must go", but from what I understand, Arabic countries actually support the new Egyptian government and going against their wishes might harm (P)GCC and Turkey relations? What do you think about new Erdogan approach in foreign policy?

Hey everyone,

"Turkish Foreign Ministry has urged Egyptian authorities to clear out the allegations about a container sent from Turkey to Egypt carrying sound guns which could be tranformed into real weapons.
Turkish Foreign Ministry Thursday demanded Egypt to transfer concrete information about the claims that a container was sent from Turkey to Egypt carrying sound guns which could be tranformed into real weapons, appeared on an Egyptian TV program on July 17.
"Such claims should be investigated at earliest and most seriously for revealing the reality," said the statement, adding "Turkey, attributing great importance to stability and peace of brother Egypt, can not accept and condemns violent acts in that country," the ministry said"

What do you think of this? I understand that Erdogan is not happy about the Egypt Military toppling Morsi, but would he really go as far as to possibly contribute to start of a civil war in Egypt? (assuming this news is true)

In Syria, Arabs and Turkey agree on the agenda that "Assad must go", but from what I understand, Arabic countries actually support the new Egyptian government and going against their wishes might harm (P)GCC and Turkey relations? What do you think about new Erdogan approach in foreign policy?

This is the work of the Iranians. This very same way used for straining the relationship between Turkey and Yemen.

Words from Erdogan

"As a country (Turkey) that paid heavy prices in its struggle for democracy, we don't want the Egyptians, whom we see as our brothers, to [pass through] the same suffering. We would have shown the same position if the coup targeted the opposition and not [deposed President Mohamed] Morsi," Erdoğan said, denying that Turkey was intruding in Egypt's internal politics."

Lately Turkey's foreign policy has been progressive. Some call this a failure. I don't think , we can call Turkey's foreign policy as a faliure yet, we have yet to see the results.

This is the work of the Iranians. This very same way used for straining the relationship between Turkey and Yemen.

No offence, but I think there exist an overwhelming paranoia (about Iran) in Turkey. From accusing Iran of aiding PKK to the Iran's ability to do whatever it wants in Turkey, including shipping weapons, etc.. etc...

I can say you are not alone! The same paranoia exist in Iran in other forms, say whatever goes wrong some people blame Israel! But the difference is that there is actually evidence supporting such claims, but in case of Turks paranoia about Iran there is no logical explanation...

Lets get to them one by one:

1- Iran is supporting PKK: Iran has no interest in supporting PKK; PJAK is an offshoot of PKK and they fight for "liberation" of Iran's Kurdistan;

2- Iran is sending weapons from Turkey to other countries to deteriorate Turkey's relation with other countries: It's illegal and difficult for Iranian entities to even buy gold, let alone using other countries vessels to ship weapons to wherever they want. Even if they do, that would be stupid, because to be honest I don't see what we could gain by messing up relations between, say Yemen and Turkey or Turkey and Egypt.

But I guess every country needs a "foreign enemy"!

No offence, but I think there exist an overwhelming paranoia (about Iran) in Turkey. From accusing Iran of aiding PKK to the Iran's ability to do whatever it wants in Turkey, including shipping weapons, etc.. etc...

I can say you are not alone! The same paranoia exist in Iran in other forms, say whatever goes wrong some people blame Israel! But the difference is that there is actually evidence supporting such claims, but in case of Turks paranoia about Iran there is no logical explanation...

Lets get to them one by one:

1- Iran is supporting PKK: Iran has no interest in supporting PKK; PJAK is an offshoot of PKK and they fight for "liberation" of Iran's Kurdistan;

As we discussed these issue over and over again, there is no need to drag or this thread will turn into Iran vs Turkey shıt again.

2- Iran is sending weapons from Turkey to other countries to deteriorate Turkey's relation with other countries: It's illegal and difficult for Iranian entities to even buy gold, let alone using other countries vessels to ship weapons to wherever they want. Even if they do, that would be stupid, because to be honest I don't see what we could gain by messing up relations between, say Yemen and Turkey or Turkey and Egypt.

Considering Iran's clandestine and illicit operations to destabilize Yemen, Iran is the usual suspect in this case. Iranians are skillful in conducting numerous covert operations like this. It is also interesting that an Iran-backed news website was the first to report development on this matter. Thus, when we consider all these, Iran is the first thing that comes to mind.

The United Nations Security Council Sanctions Committee has also taken actions against Iran's attempts to destabilize Yemen with weapons shipments.

The source of tension between the Yemeni government and Iran is not only about weapons shipments. Yemeni intelligence discovered an Iranian espionage gang in July 2012. It was revealed that the Iranian espionage gang, whose leader was a former member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, has been actively propagandizing and promoting divisions and separatism in Yemen and the Horn of Africa for seven years.

After an operation launched into the espionage gang, Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi expressed his unhappiness with Iran's foreign policies in the region and its intervention in Yemen's internal affairs.

The biggest supporter of the Houthis, which cause instability in Yemen, is Iran, and Iran lends weapons to Houthis via Eritrea. Saudi Arabia, which is disturbed by Shiite influence in the region, is conducting aerial strike against the Houthis. Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Morocco are also supporting the Yemeni government in order to prevent the influence and power of Iran in Yemen.

We have Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Israel, Syria. I don't think we are in need of a another "foreign enemy"

Turkey won’t send congratulatory message to ‘coup administration’ in Egypt

"Turkey will not send a congratulatory message the “coup administration” in Egypt, ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) Deputy Chair Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu has said, stressing that the fact Turkish officials have been holding talks with the Egyptian ambassador in Ankara does not mean that Turkey has been “recognizing the coup administration.”

“We clearly expressed to him that in principle the AKP is against coup d’états … We told him that we won’t send a congratulatory message to an administration appointed by a coup,” Çavuşoğlu told Anadolu Agency today.

However, he also added that Turkey was keeping open dialogue channels with Egypt. “We believe in civil democracy. We are not against the Egyptian people, and we do not make such a distinction as ‘pro-Morsi’ or ‘anti-Morsi,’” he said.

Turkish officials have not had any contact with new Egyptian administration, Çavuşoğlu said.

Earlier this week, President Abdullah Gül and some other Turkish officials met with Egypt’s Ambassador to Ankara Abdel-Rahman Salaheddin."

POLITICS - Turkey won

I guess Iranians are at it again! :laughcry:

As we discussed these issue over and over again, there is no need to drag or this thread will turn into Iran vs Turkey shıt again.

As long as there are allegations, they have to be discussed. You can't just throw something out there and expect everyone to accept it, without providing any proof or logical explanation.

Considering Iran's clandestine and illicit operations to destabilize Yemen, Iran is the usual suspect in this case. Iranians are skillful in conducting numerous covert operations like this. It is also interesting that an Iran-backed news website was the first to report development on this matter. Thus, when we consider all these, Iran is the first thing that comes to mind.

Yes, but to paranoid minds I might add, there are easier way of "framing" Turkey than sending weapons from Turkey. It would be a lot easier just to buy Turkish weapons and have them sent to Yemen than have the Turks specifically carry the weapons! That is just stupid! Yemen doesn't even have a powerful government for us to even consider Yemeni-Turkish cooperation as a threat.

I think you might be underplaying Turkey's possible involvement.

Saudi Arabia, which is disturbed by Shiite influence in the region, is conducting aerial strike against the Houthis. Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Morocco are also supporting the Yemeni government in order to prevent the influence and power of Iran in Yemen.

We have Greece, Cyprus, Armenia, Israel, Syria. I don't think we are in need of a another "foreign enemy"

Saudi Arabia itself is disturbance to the region, Saudi long history of backing terrorism is a common knowledge, and for every action you take there are consequences, say if you support radical Sunni terrorists in Iran its going to bite you in the ***, and that is exactly the case with Saudi. Respectfully, you don't know anything about Yemen; Yemenis generally don't care about sectarian issues, the real problem is the discrimination that still exist in Yemen, not Shia vs Sunni etc...

Well, one can never have enough enemies, and more importantly I wouldn't exactly call Israel an enemy Israel , Syria wasn't enemy either, you turned it into one.

Turkey won’t send congratulatory message to ‘coup administration’ in Egypt

"Turkey will not send a congratulatory message the “coup administration” in Egypt, ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) Deputy Chair Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu has said, stressing that the fact Turkish officials have been holding talks with the Egyptian ambassador in Ankara does not mean that Turkey has been “recognizing the coup administration.”

“We clearly expressed to him that in principle the AKP is against coup d’états … We told him that we won’t send a congratulatory message to an administration appointed by a coup,” Çavuşoğlu told Anadolu Agency today.

However, he also added that Turkey was keeping open dialogue channels with Egypt. “We believe in civil democracy. We are not against the Egyptian people, and we do not make such a distinction as ‘pro-Morsi’ or ‘anti-Morsi,’” he said.

Turkish officials have not had any contact with new Egyptian administration, Çavuşoğlu said.

Earlier this week, President Abdullah Gül and some other Turkish officials met with Egypt’s Ambassador to Ankara Abdel-Rahman Salaheddin."

POLITICS - Turkey won

Here you go:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle...-s-unacceptable-interference-its-affairs.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle-east-africa/262069-egypt-army-ousts-mursi-govt-updates-news.html

It is an old news. AKP sent some weapons for their MB friend in Egypt. I did not post it on the forum because AKP does not have any respect even among turks.

As long as there are allegations, they have to be discussed. You can't just throw something out there and expect everyone to accept it, without providing any proof or logical explanation.

I referred to the PKK issue, if you still want to discuss about PKK, i am not the one to discuss.

Yes, but to paranoid minds I might add, there are easier way of "framing" Turkey than sending weapons from Turkey. It would be a lot easier just to buy Turkish weapons and have them sent to Yemen than have the Turks specifically carry the weapons! That is just stupid! Yemen doesn't even have a powerful government for us to even consider Yemeni-Turkish cooperation as a threat.

I think you might be underplaying Turkey's possible involvement.

Okay here is the full article. Iran used front companies to mar relations between Turkey and Yemen

Iran was using front companies to buy Turkish-made blank firing pistols that which were seized on a ship that departed from Turkey. ıf Turkey wanted to send weapons, we would have send actual ones, not blank firing. We have good relations with Yemen instead of you.

Saudi Arabia itself is disturbance to the region, Saudi long history of backing terrorism is a common knowledge, and for every action you take there are consequences, say if you support radical Sunni terrorists in Iran its going to bite you in the ***, and that is exactly the case with Saudi.

Again you blame Saudi's (who are in the Sunni block) and later saying problem is not Shia vs Sunni.

So you say the Iran's reason for destabilizing Yemen is Saudi support for terrorists in Iran. That still doesn't legitimize your actions which you have been accused with.

Respectfully, you don't know anything about Yemen; Yemenis generally don't care about sectarian issues, the real problem is the discrimination that still exist in Yemen, not Shia vs Sunni etc...

Respectfully, if you read my previous post, you will see that i didn't say single thing about what Yemenis care.

Well, one can never have enough enemies, and more importantly
Well, As an isolated state, i can understand your mindset, but this is not the case with Turkey.

I wouldn't exactly call Israel an enemy

You should have read your source carefully.

In September 2011, military agreements between Turkey and Israel were suspended. Turkey has frozen 16 defense contracts worth billions of dollars since March 2010. Turkey suspended a 5 billion dollar deal for 1,000 Merkava Mk 3 tanks. Turkey also dropped Israel Aerospace Industries Arrow-2 anti-ballistic missile system worth $2 billion from bidding.

Syria wasn't enemy either, you turned it into one.

I'm not arguing or blaming Syria, I just stated the current hostile countries for Turkey.

Previous subject (Iranians sending blank weapons to Tunisia from Turkey) and the new subject you posted have nothing related. So, if you wanna blame yourself, nobody is holding you.

Turkish firearm producers exports among real weapons also blank firing guns to a number of continents. If you see a blank gun as a threat, stop your local importer - not the producer.

In September 2011, military agreements between Turkey and Israel were suspended. Turkey has frozen 16 defense contracts worth billions of dollars since March 2010. Turkey suspended a 5 billion dollar deal for 1,000 Merkava Mk 3 tanks. Turkey also dropped Israel Aerospace Industries Arrow-2 anti-ballistic missile system worth $2 billion from bidding.

Brother, do you got more info on this? I had no idea that we were interested in importing tanks since our own Altay project stretches back to the mid-90's. This article, dated 21 October 97, suggests that the Israeli government approved a potential export of the Merkava Mk 3 tank if their contenders had won the tender which ought to render today's MBT of Turkey. What happened to that tender, did it get cancelled? If not, who won it?

Baykuş;4541612 said:
Brother, do you got more info on this? I had no idea that we were interested in importing tanks since our own Altay project stretches back to the mid-90's. This article, dated 21 October 97, suggests that the Israeli government approved a potential export of the Merkava Mk 3 tank if their contenders had won the tender which ought to render today's MBT of Turkey. What happened to that tender, did it get cancelled? If not, who won it?

Sorry bro, my interest in defence industry just started a few months ago. But maybe our more knowledgeable members have more insight about this issue. @BronzePlaque @LegionnairE @cabatli_53

Last edited by a moderator:
this claim is not proven yet by Egyptian sources..this is one of the countless baseless claims that junta media fabricate irder to legitimate coup in the eyes of Egyptians..Sometimes They accusing Turkey, iran even US by claiming Supporting MB.
Turksih foreing affairs competens request from Junta gov. to give some infos about that claim. But still nothing any infos have been given..

It is an old news. An government came in powAKP sent some weapons for their MB friend in Egypt. I did not post it on the forum because AKP does not have any respect even among turks.

Turkey have no any proxy org.outside that have them armed against any country.
An governmetn which came in power through democratic election for three periods successively like AKP have pretty much more respect than an interim goverment which appointed by an Junta army which served for 3 dictators over than 60 years in Egypt.

Your army isnot a national army and never were along side with his own people. they were always against their people and served only for dictators. that is why despite of its large scale of military power your army war past is full of defeats and frustration..
This is the fate of every army of dictators which lack of its people support..

This m.coup push democracy and instabiity back for at least 10 years..The only economic coast of this coup for Egyptp will exceed hundrends billions dollar by time..

Baykuş;4541612 said:

İmporting was never an option. Turkey`s sole interest was to develop and manufacture her own tank with a maximum of Turkish content, and one that will have all the desirable electronic amenities (including protection), but to achieve this we needed a stepping stone--the engineering inputs...French Leclerc, Israeli Merkava were candidates for that back in around 2001-2002..Even GIAT made an offer...But there was NO tender about this...That article you linked suggests that if Turkey decided to acquire Merkava, Israeli government and parliament would approve such deal

İmporting was never an option. Turkey`s sole interest was to develop and manufacture her own tank with a maximum of Turkish content, and one that will have all the desirable electronic amenities (including protection), but to achieve this we needed a stepping stone--the engineering inputs...French Leclerc, Israeli Merkava were candidates for that back in around 2001-2002..Even GIAT made an offer...But there was NO tender about this...That article you linked suggests that if Turkey decided to acquire Merkava, Israeli government and parliament would approve such deal

Oh, I got it then. Thanks for the explanation brother! :)

The Egyptian military needs to be destroyed and rebuilt, unfortunately.

Rebuilt by a democratic government. Whether islamist or secular.

We might as well be sending the Brotherhood weapons, but I'd never support that because it would kill our allies in the region, the Egyptian People.

Egypt's military is a disgrace to its people. They're controlled on a string by 1.3 billion dollars. Such a small amount of money (only a fraction of their military budget to, so its obviously a bribe)

Back
Top Bottom