What's new

Turkey welcomes Iran’s ‘wise’ proposal to hold talks in Baghdad

IranZamin

BANNED
Reaction score
MehrNews.com - Iran, world, political, sport, economic news and headlines

Turkey welcomes Iran’s ‘wise’ proposal to hold talks in Baghdad
TEHRAN, April 6 (MNA) – Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Saeed Jalili and Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu held a telephone conversation on Thursday in which they discussed bilateral issues.
According to the secretariat of the SNSC, Davutoglu said that Iran’s proposal that the next round of talks between Tehran and the 5+1 group (the five permanent members of the UN Security Council – the United States, Britain, France, Russia, and China – plus Germany) be held in Baghdad was a “wise” suggestion.

However, the Turkish foreign minister stated that Istanbul is still ready to host the talks which are scheduled for April 13.

Davutoglu also commented on the relations between the two countries and said that Tehran-Ankara relationship is “strategic” and “friendly”.

Turkish premier and president support Iran’s insightful policies

Turkish Ambassador to Iran Umit Yardim held a meeting with SNSC Deputy Secretary Ali Baqeri in Tehran on Friday and commented on the reports that certain Western media outlets have published about a number of Turkish officials’ recent remarks on Iran.

“The Turkish president and Turkish prime minister have great respect for the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Supreme Leader, and the (Iranian) president and support insightful policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Yardim stated.

He also said, “Turkey supports nuclear positions of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and, due to this fact, it voted against the United Nations Security Council resolution against Iran despite the U.S. pressure.”

Yardim also said that Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan “holds the Supreme Leader in high esteem.”

On the sidelines of the Group of 15 summit, which was held in Tehran on May 17, 2010, Iran, Turkey, and Brazil issued a declaration, according to which Iran was to ship 1200 kilograms of its low-enriched uranium to Turkey to be exchanged for 120 kilograms of 20 percent enriched nuclear fuel to power the Tehran research reactor, which produces radioisotopes for cancer treatment.

The provisions of this agreement were close to what the Western countries had previously called for, but the U.S. and its allies ignored the agreement and approved the Resolution 1929 against Iran on June 9. Turkey and Brazil voted against the resolution.

EP/PA
END
MNA

Maybe we are trolling or maybe we are sincere... Turkey is having pro US policy on Syria. This is unacceptable for Iran

Yeah, I know. Iran needs the talks to be held somewhere secure and not somewhere where the Iranian negotiators have to worry about their hotels, cars and telephone being wiretapped. It has to be in an Iran friendly state.

Yeah, I know. Iran needs the talks to be held somewhere secure and not somewhere where the Iranian negotiators have to worry about their hotels, cars and telephone being wiretapped. It has to be in an Iran friendly state.
Well said. If the talks succeed it should also not be added to the reputation of ''that'' host country who is reducing oil imports, being a bully on our ally etc

Iranians should dance to this song and enter the negotiating room with a large old stereo on their shoulders and wearing colorful cloths with black eye shades to troll Ashton:

Well said. If the talks succeed it should also not be added to the reputation of ''that'' host country who is reducing oil imports, being a bully on our ally etc

Uh, dont worry. Turkey is dependent on Iran for its energy. Where they are going to go to get that energy? Denmark? They will always come back to Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the advice..classy respond as i expected from you

You're either are just a troll or you been frozen in ice for the last year or so completely clueless about what has been going on.
why should Iran carry on having talks in turkey

you follow the zionists agenda in Syria, you follow their agenda in the nato shield, and you still expect Iran to see you as a neutral party?

You're either are just a troll or you been frozen in ice for the last year or so completely clueless about what has been going on.
why should Iran carry on having talks in turkey

you follow the zionists agenda in Syria, you follow their agenda in the nato shield, and you still expect Iran to see you as a neutral party?

Please spare me the press tv bs..our policies on Syrian issue and Nato Shield arent changed..So if these were the main reasons, why would Khamenei still address Istanbul last week? %20 oil reduction might be the reason but Turkey HAD to do it to prevent possible sanctions aimed at herself

Please spare me the press tv bs..our policies on Syrian issue and Nato Shield arent changed..So if these were the main reasons, why would Khamenei still address Istanbul last week? %20 oil reduction might be the reason but Turkey HAD to do it to prevent possible sanctions aimed at herself

I don't even watch press tv lol.
is that your best excuse?

Iran changed it policy after your leaders make moronic comments of which they are taking back now.
MehrNews.com - Iran, world, political, sport, economic news and headlines

Only a week ago Iran officials declared that they wanted to have nuclear talks in Istanbul..

Iran wants nuclear talks to be held in Istanbul - People's Daily Online

Now tell me which side is on period? :rofl:

From your link above. This is your own president talking:

"We had made a proposal to hold the nuclear meeting in Istanbul. The Iranian foreign minister had expressed a desire to hold the nuclear negotiations in Istanbul. We are waiting for the decision of the 5+1,"

Seems like this was your thing all along. You made the proposal. I guess the Iranians were trying to be a little polite. But now that this thing appears to be a go, they're voicing their preference for the venue. So tell your president not to get his panties in a knot. We have no reputation in the west to be worried about and there's not much else they can do to us. So just chillax!

Back
Top Bottom