What's new

TURKEY RENTS AGRICULTURAL LANDS IN SUDAN

tesla

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Africa’s fertile lands have been opened to Turkish entrepreneurs for 99 years.

Turkey has for the first time rented agricultural lands for 99 years from Sudan with the cooperation of the state and private sector.

Under an agreement signed, Turkish entrepreneurs will grow tropical fruits as well as many other products in an area of 780 thousand hectares.

Products like pineapples, mangoes, avocados, pepino melons, canola, cotton and oily seeds will be sold at a cheaper price in Turkey.

Turkey’s ambassador in Sudan Osman Eldirdieri said that Sudan has fertile soil and Turkey will have usage rights of products to be grown here.

Ambassador Eldirdieri also said Turkey will export products grown here to other European countries and Sudan will benefit from this project financially.

To start with, there will be a pilot farm in an area of 12.500 hectares.

Sudanese working on the fields will receive training in agriculture and animal husbandry on this farm.

Besides agriculture, there will also be cooperation in animal husbandry and fishing.

Steps toward the implementation of monetary policies will also be taken under an agreement to be signed between the central banks of the two countries.

Products grown by Turkey in Sudan are planned to be sold to the Middle East and African markets as well.

http://www.trtenglish.com/trtworld/en/newsDetail.aspx?HaberKodu=cc900d2d-0654-4aae-b04b-02111862aadf

finally we will able to eat different fruits :cheesy: thanks sudan :partay:

Last edited:
@tesla

I thought that all of those fruits were grown domestically in Turkey? Surely most of them must especially melons at least. In KSA they are all grown domestically let alone in the remaining Arab world.

Is this Sudan or South Sudan? Because the later is not part of the Arab world and I cannot imagine that Turkey have good ties with South Sudan which is in chaos.

@tesla

I thought that all of those fruits were grown domestically in Turkey? Surely most of them must especially melons at least. In KSA they are all grown domestically let alone in the remaining Arab world.

Is this Sudan or South Sudan? Because the later is not part of the Arab world and I cannot imagine that Turkey have good ties with South Sudan which is in chaos.

no bro most of them aren't grown in turkey because of climate more traditional fruits are produced such as peach,banana,apricot,orange,watermelon...etc

no bro they aren't grown in turkey because of climate more traditional fruits are produced such as peach,banana,apricot,orange,watermelon...etc

Can banana and pineapple not grow in Southern Turkey? What about coconuts?

For instance in order to boost domestic production in KSA and for export to neighboring countries greenhouses are constructed in KSA to increase production. Even the desert areas can produce fruits/vegetables this way. Because there is always a limit for the agricultural lands where any given fruit can grow in all countries.

Turkey surely do the same? I know that there is not much agriculture in Anatolia if I recall correctly but the Southern parts of Turkey next to Syria and the Mediterranean areas should be fertile. Especially due to the climate and the two rivers (Euphrates and Tigris). Also the North.

Or am I wrong here?

Good to see you back here again.

PS: It's North Sudan since that is known as Sudan still while the South is known as South Sudan. For once I thought that the North called itself North Sudan now but I was wrong.

Arab countries are also buying/leasing land in Africa and China as well for agriculture. I think that more and more wealthy/developing countries are going to do that as their populations grow.

Last edited:
@tesla

They're grown domestically, but I suppose

For instance in order to boost domestic production in KSA and for export to neighboring countries greenhouses are constructed in KSA to increase production. Even the desert areas can produce fruits/vegetables this way. Because there is always a limit for the agricultural lands where any given fruit can grow in all countries.

Turkey surely do the same? I know that there is not much agriculture in Anatolia if I recall correctly but the Southern parts of Turkey next to Syria and the Mediterranean areas should be fertile. Especially due to the climate and the two rivers (Euphrates and Tigris). Also the North.

Or am I wrong here?

PS: It's North Sudan since that is known as Sudan still while the South is known as South Sudan. For once I thought that the North called itself North Sudan now but I was wrong.

Arab countries are also buying/leasing land in Africa and China as well for agriculture. I think that more and more wealthy/developing countries are going to do that as their populations grow.

Everywhere is fertile in Turkey.

After a quick research I saw that most of these are grown in Turkey, they probably started this project because there is some profit.

I ate that Pepino thingy few years ago, its grows here, it was meh.

They're grown domestically, but I suppose

Everywhere is fertile in Turkey.

After a quick research I saw that most of these are grown in Turkey, they probably started this project because there is some profit.

I ate that Pepino thingy few years ago, its grows here, it was meh.

The barren interior Anatolia does not seem to be fertile to me or the mountainous areas of the Kurdish areas. But the remaining parts are fertile as I wrote.

I thought so. What about coconuts, coffee and pineapples. Can such tropical fruits grow in Turkey?
Investing in Africa is great because they have probably the most fertile lands and it's cheap to either buy or lease. So much corruption too. I have heard that Arabs, Europeans and rich Russians have bought large areas of land in certain African countries that they use for their own private safari. The governments of the respective African countries are not doing anything, LOL.

Or am I wrong here?

thanks bro
banana grows in turkey but pineapple and coconots doesn't grow in turkey so they are imported from abroad i can not find properly map about fruits of turkey .all of them is turkish :partay:

The barren interior Anatolia does not seem to be fertile to me or the mountainous areas of the Kurdish areas. But the remaining parts are fertile as I wrote.

I thought so. What about coconuts, coffee and pineapples. Can such tropical fruits grow in Turkey?
Investing in Africa is great because they have probably the most fertile lands and it's cheap to either buy or lease. So much corruption too. I have heard that Arabs, Europeans and rich Russians have bought large areas of land in certain African countries that they use for their own private safari. The governments of the respective African countries are not doing anything, LOL.

Different parts of the country has different climates, Central Anatolia is also fertile of course, agriculture is the main occupation at there.

As far as I know pineapples are not grown in mass but some inviduals are succesing in growing it, coconut is no, coffe while grows at some places, it has no mass growing.

Different parts of the country has different climates, Central Anatolia is also fertile of course, agriculture is the main occupation at there.

As far as I know pineapples are not grown in mass but some inviduals are succesing in growing it, coconut is no, coffe while grows at some places, it has no mass growing.

Yes, areas of Najd are also fertile but in general what I meant is that like in KSA and other countries certain areas are more fertile than others. Mountainous regions are never that fertile anywhere. Just look at large parts of China, India, Nepal and other mountainous countries. I believe that lowlands are in general more fertile and especially if they have the right climate, certain amount of rainfall is needed too but underwater springs is also very important. Rivers also play a great role.

Aha. Thanks for that.

Is agricultural land cheap or expensive in Turkey? Do fewer and fewer people work in the agricultural sector like in KSA where the younger generation is not interested in this field? It's a shame if truth.

Yes, areas of Najd are also fertile but in general what I meant is that like in KSA and other countries certain areas are more fertile than others. Mountainous regions are never that fertile anywhere. Just look at large parts of China, India, Nepal and other mountainous countries. I believe that lowlands are in general more fertile and especially if they have the right climate, certain amount of rainfall is needed too but underwater springs is also very important. Rivers also play a great role.

Aha. Thanks for that.

Is agricultural land cheap or expensive in Turkey? Do fewer and fewer people work in the agricultural sector like in KSA where the younger generation is not interested in this field? It's a shame if truth.

Its cheap, I want to buy a very large land in the future and grow my own forest with animals and sh.t :D well of course new, more educated generations are not much interested in agriculture, but there are many who are interested as well.

I think mountainous areas are quite fertile in my region(Mediterranean region)

Its cheap, I want to buy a very large land in the future and grow my own forest with animals and sh.t :D well of course new, more educated generations are not much interested in agriculture, but there are many who are interested as well.

I think mountainous areas are quite fertile in my region(Mediterranean region)

That's great. I always wanted a farm myself. Yes, also in KSA but those are people living in the countryside, villages etc. The people who live in cities would laugh at such a proposition. They do not know anything about farming, animals etc. I think that this ship has sailed now.

Yes, some mountainous regions are fertile. The mountainous regions in KSA are as well but not anywhere in the world. If it is next to the sea it is often fertile but if it is in the interior and the climate is not right then it's rare for such areas to be fertile.

Hatay is also very fertile is it not? Do you live in Adana or in Southeastern Turkey? It must have a similar climate to the Levant since it is so close.

That's great. I always wanted a farm myself. Yes, also in KSA but those are people living in the countryside, villages etc. The people who live in cities would laugh at such a proposition. They do not know anything about farming, animals etc. I think that this ship has sailed now.

Yes, some mountainous regions are fertile. The mountainous regions in KSA are as well but not anywhere in the world. If it is next to the sea it is often fertile but if it is in the interior and the climate is not right then it's rare for such areas to be fertile.

Hatay is also very fertile is it not? Do you live in Adana or in Southeastern Turkey? It must have a similar climate to the Levant since it is so close.

Yes Hatay is fertile, I'm living in Antalya, perfect place for me, good people, good history, good nature :) I'm putting pictures from the region in Pictures of Turkey thread in our section, you can check it.

Yes Hatay is fertile, I'm living in Antalya, perfect place for me, good people, good history, good nature :) I'm putting pictures from the region in Pictures of Turkey thread in our section, you can check it.

Is that part of Turkey not where the Turkish Arabs are living? I know that this part of Turkey was under Arab rule/influence for quit a long time. It's next to Syria/Levant too and the climate, cuisine must be very similar. While I imagine that Northeastern Turkey is similar to Georgia and Northwestern to Bulgaria etc. While the West and Southwest is similar to Greece.

In your opinion which area of Turkey is the most fertile? Where do they produce the best fruits/vegetables? My guess would be the Northeast and Southeast? Am I wrong here?

Do you also have many areas in Turkey that benefit greatly from underwater resources and natural springs? Many areas in KSA do not receive much rainfall but are somewhat fertile despite that due to the underwater resources and natural springs.

Is that part of Turkey not where the Turkish Arabs are living? I know that this part of Turkey was under Arab rule/influence for quit a long time. It's next to Syria/Levant too and the climate, cuisine must be very similar. While I imagine that Northeastern Turkey is similar to Georgia and Northwestern to Bulgaria etc. While the West and Southwest is similar to Greece.
Yep Hatay has a big Arab population, its also the last part of Turkey that was annexed by us to the main land.

Hatay State - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

n your opinion which area of Turkey is the most fertile? Where do they produce the best fruits/vegetables? My guess would be the Northeast and Southeast? Am I wrong here?
Its the north east coast of Turkey, the black sea region, something like a subtropical rain forest, very popular at Arab tourist.

images.jpg

Last edited:

In your opinion which area of Turkey is the most fertile? Where do they produce the best fruits/vegetables? My guess would be the Northeast and Southeast? Am I wrong here?

Do you also have many areas in Turkey that benefit greatly from underwater resources and natural springs? Many areas in KSA do not receive much rainfall but are somewhat fertile despite that due to the underwater resources and natural springs.

You mean Hatay ? yes the're many Arabs living there, although most of them are Nusayris, I guess you would not get along well :D yes southeastern and levantine cuisines are similar normally.

I don't know which place is most fertile, probably coastal areas and regions close to it.

Well of course there are many underwater resources, natural springs, hot springs etc., never really wondered which region has most, but natural springs are quite common in my region(south west mountains).

Back
Top Bottom