What's new

Turkey new symbol for currency

Ottoman-Turk

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkey introduces symbol for national currency

The newly-designed currency symbol for the Turkish Lira was revealed by the Turkish government at a ceremony in Ankara yesterday.
The symbol, chosen after a competition, is meant to bring together the letters T and L, and to be reminiscent of an anchor, and the upward direction of two cross lines to represent rising market value.
“The Turkish lira has a symbol now, just like the US dollar, the euro and the yen,” Prime Minister Erdogan said at the unveiling ceremony, noting that the introduction of a symbol for the lira is not just a technical operation. “It signifies a renewed value and prestige for our national currency, the reawakening of a nation and its re-emergence as a global actor. This symbol shows our currency’s rising value as a safe haven,” Erdogan said.
Tulay Lale, the artist who designed the currency symbol, was presented the grand prize at the event.
Central Bank Governor Erdem Basci said a new currency symbol was needed to clinch the acquired prestige and raise the recognition level of lira, adding that the idea of organizing a currency symbol competition was part of the 2011-2015 strategic plan of the Central Bank.

OB-SA210_lira03_G_20120301082311.jpg

Didn't you guys do the same thing with your language? Changed it from Arabic to English letters.

Didn't you guys do the same thing with your language? Changed it from Arabic to English letters.

classical Ottoman Turkish and Arabic had many similarities -- the language evolved. The characters changed, the language changed a bit too. But it isnt like they re-invented the wheel or anything.

i like the symbol, actually. ''T'' and ''L'' may be English letters but ''Turk'' and ''Lirasi'' are not English.

latin, not english.

and i dont really see the reason for this, what is wrong with TL (Turkish Lira). the two letters straight up?

doesn't need something fancy to show of your currency me thinks.

The symbol really looks nice. Last year we got Symbol for Indian Rupee and in a single year is widely used on newspaper, TV channel,advertisements, consumer goods, ebay India website and wikipedia articles and computer fonts to support the symbol. The coins with Rupee symbol has been circulating but still waiting for Currency notes with Rupee Symbol.
Rupee%20symbol.gif

I can feel the excitement among Turks. :yahoo:

dnt get me wrong but im very suprised really a country that was ruled by britian like slaves are now geting stronger wow i must say were were you guys when they were in your country for god knows how many years instead of the excitement of your rupee and your language changed to virtually english

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

and the indian rupee looks alot like the pound sign isnt elizabeth your queen aswell ? arnt you in the commonwealth and sing long live my queen

Muslim countries should introduce one common gold currency in the form of pure 24 karat Gold coins.....unless and until the whole world regardless of religion gets rid of this fake zionist banking system and artifical money....war mongering wont stop.

Muslim countries should introduce one common gold currency in the form of pure 24 karat Gold coins.....unless and until the whole world regardless of religion gets rid of this fake zionist banking system and artifical money....war mongering wont stop.

Impossible my friend, Gaddafi tried 2 do that and we know what heppened 2 him, no other Muslim leader has guts to do it.

Turkey introduces symbol for national currency

The newly-designed currency symbol for the Turkish Lira was revealed by the Turkish government at a ceremony in Ankara yesterday.
The symbol, chosen after a competition, is meant to bring together the letters T and L, and to be reminiscent of an anchor, and the upward direction of two cross lines to represent rising market value.
“The Turkish lira has a symbol now, just like the US dollar, the euro and the yen,” Prime Minister Erdogan said at the unveiling ceremony, noting that the introduction of a symbol for the lira is not just a technical operation. “It signifies a renewed value and prestige for our national currency, the reawakening of a nation and its re-emergence as a global actor. This symbol shows our currency’s rising value as a safe haven,” Erdogan said.
Tulay Lale, the artist who designed the currency symbol, was presented the grand prize at the event.
Central Bank Governor Erdem Basci said a new currency symbol was needed to clinch the acquired prestige and raise the recognition level of lira, adding that the idea of organizing a currency symbol competition was part of the 2011-2015 strategic plan of the Central Bank.

OB-SA210_lira03_G_20120301082311.jpg
t for turkey????????????

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

currency symbol per kitne khush horahe hen.:lol:

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

u had zero thank.so i thought i sould make this record.:wave:

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

latin, not english.

and i dont really see the reason for this, what is wrong with TL (Turkish Lira). the two letters straight up?

doesn't need something fancy to show of your currency me thinks.
then u should record your protest.atleast after 40 years u will tel your grand children about that.:lol:

dada abu ki kahaniyan.

Impossible my friend, Gaddafi tried 2 do that and we know what heppened 2 him, no other Muslim leader has guts to do it.

how about we all give up paper currency and exchange it for gold.......sooner or later this trend will flourish and we will get rid of fake zionist cash.

dnt get me wrong but im very suprised really a country that was ruled by britian like slaves are now geting stronger wow i must say were were you guys when they were in your country for god knows how many years instead of the excitement of your rupee and your language changed to virtually english

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

and the indian rupee looks alot like the pound sign isnt elizabeth your queen aswell ? arnt you in the commonwealth and sing long live my queen

Thanks for insulting but the rupee symbol is based on letter R of Devanagari Script. Its a coincidence it looks like English Letter R or British Pound.

0930.gif

rupee-symbol-in-context.png

Awaiting a thread from Pakistanis that all muslim countries should have 1 currency only...

hi ace of spade are you actually australian if you are i want to ask this 1. are australians so so close to british like 1 nation 2 states? 2. do you consider australia independent or still a peice of uk or queen virtually i heard your national anthem is god save the queen or whatever itis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom